News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BNIN2MUR

Member Name: BNIN2MUR
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Broadway Remixes? Inc. Ethel Merman...
 May 11 2006, 09:35:45 AM
A friend of mine recently permited me to listen to somthing he calls a "Rent Remix". It is just about every popular song from Rent however it is all set to a funky beat. It in a war reminded me of Ethel Merman's funk album.

I thought that Mermans Funk album was one isolated mistake, mind you i am rather fond of it but mainly due to its novelty value.

However I am interested to know if this is a common occurance or if anyone out there has any "Broadway Remixes". If so i'd be v

Bill Irwin in Scapin!
 Feb 14 2006, 04:51:45 PM
Did anyone see this show and does anyone know where one can get pictures or video of the show?

PM me please

"I love you Your perfect... Now Change" Question
 Nov 2 2005, 02:06:43 PM
Does anyone know where I might proquire a midi version of Stud and Babe? I have 2 students who wish to take this piece to competition and cannot find either the sheet music or the song in midi form.

Thank you all!

AIDS related songs not from RENT
 Oct 14 2005, 04:15:27 PM
Ladies and gentlemen of the board,

I am part of an organization which is attempting to hold a fund raiser to help AIDs awareness. However, the narrow and shortminded people I work with seem to think that the only songs ever to grace a stage in relevance to AIDS are those from Rent! Please post some AIDS related songs not from Rent and prove these people wrong...

In addition, while i may not be a "Renthead" i did enjoy the musical and nothing against it... on the same note

re: Favorite Opening Numbers
 Aug 17 2005, 10:13:49 AM
"there you are" from the mystery of Edwin drood is a wondeful opening number, but i agree with the Capn' trk 2 of the frogs is fantastic and really cute for a show like that... so cute infact that it was used as the opening number for Putting it Together.
Edwin Drood on cd?
 Jul 26 2005, 12:04:40 PM
I have seen it around, but always just out of my (financial) reach. I have read the script and love it. I would like to put it up but before I present it to my students I would like to have a copy of the cd. If any one out there can hep me, could you please PM me as to where i could proquire an afordable copy of this (apparently) very rare cd....
re: Virginia Woolf Stage Door
 Jun 9 2005, 02:13:12 PM
They sure do, matter of fact if you see Turner check out her feet...Weird toes...
Looking for plays like pillowman...
 May 31 2005, 11:47:51 AM
On Friday I saw The Pillowman and was blown away. By chance does anyone know of any other plays with such suspense and dark humor (with a disturbing edge)? I have had a few plays recommended to me, but they all seem to stick to one thing or the other. If they are disturbing and suspenseful they lack any comedy. If they are suspenseful and comedic they are not all that disturbing (Deathtrap for example)... If anyone knows of anything please either reply or PM me...
re: Reckless!
 May 17 2005, 11:34:06 AM
thanks! :)
Reckless!
 May 17 2005, 11:04:14 AM
Does anyone by chance have (or a link to) any pictures or video from Reckless? I've scoured the net and found about 4 different ones, but that's all. I have just read it and have fallen in love with the script. I really wish that it didnt close so early i was there only 2 weeks after its close. : (

Thanks

re: PARTIAL VIEW SPAMALOT SEATS
 May 13 2005, 01:44:55 PM

Thernardier-Sorry, you are right, Standard English rules still apply on BWW. It is a shame that others do not share your exemplary view on casual internet posting. However, if you are that picky try not to use a run-on sentence ans start with a conjunction!

"My friend acquired partial view for Wicked and I explained the situation and said I don't want to come in if the view isn't good (already making it clear I wouldn't try to sell the ticket back) and he went through everyth

re: PARTIAL VIEW SPAMALOT SEATS
 May 13 2005, 01:23:34 PM
I must a gree with Thenardier, it is far too late for you to ask such questions...but in any case ... The partial view at spamalot is by and far the worst i ahve ever seen, even worse than the producers, you wont be able to see a thing, i would say that atleast you would be able to hear it just fine but since your row D that means you will ahve a speaker in your face wich will not only make you go deaf but (as it turns out) is just what is blocking your view... Usually they wouldnt sell those se
re: Silence! The Musical
 May 13 2005, 09:28:47 AM
Never having heard of Silence, i decided to check out the website... This sounds awsome... it is simply absolute hilarity... do any of you know of similar (joke) musical sites which offer their music?
re: Quick DRS Question...
 May 11 2005, 11:37:20 AM
Thank you very much...yay :)
Quick DRS Question...
 May 11 2005, 11:14:15 AM
Does anyone know how long the original cast will be on for? A friend offered me tix to see it in november, but if ANY of the cast is leaving i will make an effort to catch it sooner...

(PS i dont live in NY, i live in florida, so getting up there isnt the easiet thing for me. So it would be quite an effort to cathc it earlier)

A SPAMALOT non-tony post!
 May 10 2005, 02:14:33 PM
Well, a semi-pseudo-quasi-non-tony post

Out of curiosity can anyone list the references made in the Spamalot CD. I have listed a quite a few but wanted to see if have caught them all...i think i have about 27...not counting the He Is Not Dead Yet Playoff.... its more of an homage..the He is not dead yet playoff is a blatant rip from the Lumberjack Sketch...but then again it is python....well the gauntlet is dropped, can you list over 27 references? ...go

re: Songs from 'Brooklyn' to be heard in movie theatres nationwide
 May 9 2005, 01:29:33 PM
I have to agree... it is a great marketing ploy...It played prior to Kingdom Of Heaven last friday down here in miami... I went to see brooklyn with a friend of mine who was born and raised in Brooklyn (but not a "musical" person, if you will), while i followed the story well enough i feel she may have taken much more than i did out from the show, many of the references were lost on me... but then again i saw Dames at Sea and loved if for the satirical spoof it was and all she said was "i dunno
re: Mid-Week Understudies?
 May 9 2005, 11:37:28 AM
I have the same question but in referance to spamalot what are the oods any of the leads will be out on a wendsday night performance?
re: HOW DID THEY DO THAT?!
 May 9 2005, 10:17:17 AM
Did no one see this show?
HOW DID THEY DO THAT?!
 May 9 2005, 09:21:54 AM
I have just realized that many shows run thick with Houdini-like "Magic"... the transformation in Beauty and the beast to name just one... however i was listening to amour and never having seen the show i was wondering how they had Dusoleil walk through walls? Or was it all just light tricks? Like hidding in a dark corner and suddenly walking into light?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You