News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for HereAndThere2

HereAndThere2 Profile Photo
Member Name: HereAndThere2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Tootsie- worst musical of the year  May 19 2019, 08:42:13 PM

Mitch101 said: "I defy anyone to convince me that Tootsie is anything but the worst musical of the year."

If you can categorically state that it is the "worst musical of the year," then you must be comparing it against every single other musical on Broadway because you've seen them all.  True or not?

"It is so clear that Yazbek did it for the paycheck."

What pr

BWW Interview: Lewis J. Stadlen of HELLO, DOLLY! National Tour  May 18 2019, 12:11:46 PM

In truth, Lewis J. Stadlen was not a name I knew when "Dolly" came to the West Coast in January.  But, I really enjoyed his performance.  I thought he and the wonderful Betty Buckley were very believable as two people finding love later in life.  I hope to see him again.

FOSSE/VERDON  May 17 2019, 12:40:46 PM

I have wanted to like FOSSE/VERDON, but I just don't.  The sex scenes detract from any possible enjoyment of the thing.  After watching the episode with the "Lenny Bruce" subplot, I rushed outside to take in a breath of fresh air and to feel the sunshine on my face.  I find this series to be.......dreary.

Doris Day has passed  May 13 2019, 03:59:30 PM

SmoothLover said: "I loved all of her movies and her tv show. Kudos to her for standing next to Rock Hudson when he became ill. That might have been her greatest achievement. m"

That, and her animal advocacy.

https://www.dorisdayanimalfoundation.org/

FOSSE/VERDON  May 10 2019, 09:55:13 PM

Today I read that Gwen Verdon was a cat fancier, with upwards of six cats at a time.  As a lifelong lover of felines myself, knowing that makes me appreciate and respect (and miss) Gwen all the more.

Hugh Jackman Music Tour 2019  May 8 2019, 09:16:38 PM

I spent many happy days visiting Glasgow in the late 1960's, when I was a young sailor onboard a U.S. Navy submarine tender stationed in Holy Loch (near Dunoon), Scotland.  Glasgow is now a "Renaissance City," and I can well understand why Hugh Jackman would choose to begin his world tour there.  Happy, but not surprised, about the reception he received.

Looking forward to seeing his show here in Southern California in July, then flying cross-country next year t

West End's '42nd Street' will screen in US cinemas May 1st  May 1 2019, 08:14:00 PM

I'm going.   Looking forward to a pleasant evening.

Why should I like this? Oklahoma duet  Apr 26 2019, 06:07:14 PM

This video of one of my favorite songs, was a bright moment in an otherwise difficult day.  It touched my heart, and that's all I can ask.

Athletes on Broadway  Apr 23 2019, 05:28:46 PM

I am a fan of Eddie Izzard, in part because he is an athlete.  In 2009, at age 47, he accomplished something that I find almost unimaginable  To help raise money for charity, he ran the equivalent of 43 marathons in 51 days around the United Kingdom.  That's one marathon a day, six days a week, for eight weeks.  A marathon is 26.2 miles, so he ran 1126 miles (or thereabouts).  All with little training or experience.  Since then, he has taken on a similar event.  This bit of video is from a documentary filmed to capture his achievement.

Which leads me to wonder what other Broadway people might be known for their athleticism?

R.I.P. Georgia Engel  Apr 16 2019, 04:07:19 PM

I will miss that wonderful voice.

Millie Banned from School district. What's Next?  Apr 14 2019, 08:05:33 PM

Georgia Engel Had Passed Away  Apr 12 2019, 07:58:29 PM

Betty Buckley is out again?  Apr 12 2019, 04:32:10 PM

Bette's Turban said: "dmwnc1959 said: "HereAndThere2 said: "More than "nonsense," this negative obsession with Betty Buckley is just creepy."

Yup.

"

It is creepy that you all see it as a negative obsession. It is showbiz. Get over it. You all flipped out when Bette missed one performance and when Ben Platt missed as well. Hypocrites.
"

I have never posted any

Betty Buckley is out again?  Apr 12 2019, 03:13:20 PM

Robbie2 said: "Leadingplayer said: "Buckley has always had attendance problems. Even in CATS she was frequently absent."

So what!? Who cares...does it really matter? No! Stop obsessing over this nonsense.
"

More than "nonsense," this negative obsession with Betty Buckley is just creepy.

Betty Buckley is out again?  Apr 11 2019, 06:37:16 PM

darreyl102 said: "Seems she doesn't have the stamina for the tour, which is totally understandable at the age of 71."

Four of your six posts in this thread have referred to Betty Buckley's age and/or stamina.  Earlier, she was out with bronchitis.  Recently, on vacation.  If there were other absences, you can't assume without some proof that they were a result of her age.  Please, enough with the ageist comments.

&

West End's '42nd Street' will screen in US cinemas May 1st  Apr 10 2019, 09:38:31 PM

Double post

West End's '42nd Street' will screen in US cinemas May 1st  Apr 10 2019, 09:38:29 PM

Thanks for the heads up.  Disappointed that I didn't get to see the London stage production, but excited that I now have a ticket for the filmed version.'

Stephanie J. Block OUT of Cher Show  Apr 9 2019, 07:22:06 PM

MannPhan24601 said: "Cher was my mom's time......."

What ??!!    Cher is TIMELESS.

Hugh Jackman in The Music Man  Mar 28 2019, 08:43:26 PM

GeorgeandDot said: "I love Rosie. I'd love to see her on stage again. The media loves to rip into women in the spotlight, so I take all the nasty stuff said about her with a grain of salt."

I like (OK, love) Rosie very much.  In 2012, two years after I had a heart attack, Rosie had one as well.  Her experience was almost identical to mine.  After her survival, she became a spokes-person for heart health.  In recent years (due to

Betty Buckley is a NATIONAL TREASURE !!  Mar 27 2019, 06:06:28 PM

Sorry for those who won't be able to see Betty's superb performance as "Dolly," but so happy she's taking care of herself.  

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You