News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for DefyingPopular

DefyingPopular Profile Photo
Member Name: DefyingPopular
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Piazza smoking
 Apr 1 2006, 12:24:29 PM
When I saw it, the smell was nauseating... but that was almost a year ago, so they could have changed it by now.
re: They won't say her name!
 Mar 30 2006, 11:42:32 AM
according to a site

Th 3/30: Kate Walsh, James Van Praagh, guest co-host Renie Goldsberry

so good call!

re: Freddy Benson Replacement Ideas
 Mar 27 2006, 06:19:40 PM
David Josefsberg... that would be interesting! I could see Jack Black doing it... Maybe this is random, but Jesse Tyler Ferguson? He seems like he'd have the comedic timing to pull it off.
re: Examples of Standbys / Understudies Filling In During A Show?
 Mar 27 2006, 06:15:25 PM
On January 7th, 2006, Shoshana Bean lost her voice and they had to page the S/B Saycon Sengbloh to come and replace her. They switched spots when Elphaba runs offstage right after Popular. Saycon finished the show and went on that night.

Idina's fall on January 8th, 2005 had Shoshana (the S/B at the time) getting green for the last 5 minutes of the show, and same as Saycon, Shoshana continued the show, and went on that night. . . and the next day.

re: Wicked Gershwin - Partial View Seats?
 Mar 26 2006, 05:32:59 PM
You can get them on ticketmaster, select the amount of seats you want *partial works only with 1 or 2 i believe* and you select $55.
I've sat in them, and I preferred it to the normal seats. You can see their entrances and stuff, so it might be considered 'taking away some of the magic', but in general, they're great.

tarzan 3/24...mixed feelings---extended review inside
 Mar 26 2006, 12:45:24 AM
just a really pointless question...
would tarzan even have a razor in the 1800's in a jungle?

re: Shoshana Bean's album?
 Feb 19 2006, 07:32:50 PM
Brian signed her to his own label 'Fortress of Solitude'.

Sara Ramirez - Airdate on Grey's 2/26
 Feb 15 2006, 10:30:39 AM
Sorry if this was posted, I didn't see it in the search.
Sara's first airdate on Grey's Anatomy is scheduled to be February 26th, according to her website!

re: Video on Shoshana's site
 Feb 10 2006, 07:44:05 PM
www.shoshanabeanonline.com

re: Video on Shoshana's site
 Feb 10 2006, 04:58:05 PM
Some fans nicknamed Shoshana's boyfriend 'Bob' cause they didn't know his name.
He hasn't been in the video's yet.

re: Shoshana Bean!
 Feb 8 2006, 07:26:25 PM
Just to clear some things up - Her voice is fine now, she was just fatigued and suffered from strained chords. She's planning on working on her album and she's signed to Brian Mcknight's label 'Fortress of Solitude'.

re: Julia Murney is the next Elphaba on tour!!!!
 Jan 22 2006, 11:20:39 AM
Makes sense.
My friend saw her leaving a headshot looking envelope @ the Wicked stage door a few weeks ago.

re: Gary Beach on Saved by the Bell?!
 Jan 17 2006, 11:31:33 AM
ahh it was my favorite show. I sadly own the dvds... but i have to say, Snow White and the Seven Dorks was my favorite episode.
Ah, memories! I think the first one i saw 'in real time' was when the group did the whole Anti Drug commercial (I caught onto the show late, but saw them all on repeats after)

Sho's last performance tonight
 Jan 9 2006, 08:20:08 AM
Just to clarify some things... which i'm sure will start more arguments *sighs*
Norbert was in row H, and I believe he was with his two daughters.
Shoshana isn't sick, she strained her chords... and her defy gravity was the most incredible thing I have ever heard.
The ghetto dance was 'raise the roof' but done down and not over her head.
The frilly underwear were pink.

re: Ava Gaudet on Today Show
 Jan 4 2006, 09:02:38 AM
totally not important but Shoshana's 5'3.

re: Jewish Broadway Stars
 Jan 2 2006, 11:35:31 AM
i could be wrong but i believe Carole Shelley is Jewish.

re: Spit
 Dec 30 2005, 09:41:39 AM
When George Hearn was in Wicked, he would like shower Elphaba (Idina or Shoshana) in spit.
And it reminded me of Friends also, which is when I heard it was normal and not weird...

re: DRS Replacement Casting Ideas
 Dec 29 2005, 03:04:53 PM
Debra Messing actually can sing, all of the W&G cast can. Debra sang 'Don't Rain on my Parade' back in the day on Rosie. It was fierce.
I agree, she'd be hilarious as Christine.
However about Jennifer Laura Thompson as Christine? I dunno why, but she could do it.

re: Wicked DC Stage Door?
 Dec 28 2005, 06:31:20 PM
Sebastian's doing Fiyero?! ahhh! I love that boy! Ever since I saw him in Rent back in like 2002... it was his first time on as Mark or something, he was awesome!
Good for him! Good Vib was horrible!

re: Karmine Alers
 Dec 23 2005, 05:19:04 PM
i actually saw her as Maureen a few years ago, she was good in the role, but she shines as Mimi. The Tony Danza show here is a day behind, maybe we'll get it monday *sighs*
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You