Sho's last performance tonight

blackisthisyearspink
#0Sho's last performance tonight
Posted: 1/8/06 at 6:59pm

It was amazing. I didn't know what to expect with all the talk about her throat hurting and stuff but she really did pull it off. Anyway I just wanted to say that Megan's speech at the end almost had me in tears... almost lol. It was so heartfelt and nice. She quoted "for good" and everything, it was so sweet. Oh, and everyone who was leaving had huge entrance applauses! even Michelle! it was really great.

Who else was there tonight?
xoxo

"I said, No F*cking Green M&M's!"- Idina Menzel

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#1re: Sho's last performance tonight
Posted: 1/8/06 at 7:18pm

I liked the pink ruffle underpants in Popular, and Sho's little ghetto dance.

YankeesFan175
#2re: Sho's last performance tonight
Posted: 1/8/06 at 7:19pm

im requesting details on liottes "ghetto dance" comment.

re: Sho's last performance tonight

Bob: "there is a chance, albeit a microscopic one, that our baby at some point in his or her formative years will get lodged in a tree" ~Related~

zepka102 Profile Photo
zepka102
#3re: Sho's last performance tonight
Posted: 1/8/06 at 7:20pm

oh i've gotta hear about this re: Sho's last performance tonight

::bust a move::

Broadway_Boy
#4re: Sho's last performance tonight
Posted: 1/8/06 at 7:23pm

OK so in popular Glinda said you cant be popular without wearing pink panties. So she took them out and sho put them on.. Then when she had them on and glinda was showing her how to toss her hair, she started "ghetto dancing" and megan was like no no too much, or somehting like that.

Check out the app Todaytix if you haven't already for theatre tickets around the world. My referral code is DGHVR
Updated On: 1/8/06 at 07:23 PM

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#5re: Sho's last performance tonight
Posted: 1/8/06 at 7:23pm

I don't know if ghetto dance is the right word- during the "toss, toss" part, when they were going really fast, Sho threw in some extra body movement, and Megan was like, "No! Not like that!" and they both started laughing.

Marlene Profile Photo
Marlene
#6re: Sho's last performance tonight
Posted: 1/8/06 at 7:25pm

Ghetto dance?!?! Why wasn't I there?

HatBoy
#7re: Sho's last performance tonight
Posted: 1/8/06 at 7:25pm

Convulsions?

I thought she was incredible, and I never would have known she was sick!

...now under the user "aawolfe".

Broadway_Boy
#8re: Sho's last performance tonight
Posted: 1/8/06 at 7:26pm

You could tell she was sick only because she couldn't sing the low not at the end of IM NOT THAT GIRL, she sang the note an octave higher. Also in the Emerald city when Shoshana was taking her glasses there was a sign that said Goodbye SHO. During FOR GOOD both Megan and show were crying alot.

Check out the app Todaytix if you haven't already for theatre tickets around the world. My referral code is DGHVR
Updated On: 1/8/06 at 07:26 PM

YankeesFan175
#9re: Sho's last performance tonight
Posted: 1/8/06 at 7:27pm

haha! thats great! sounds like they had great chemistry on stage together, so they could ad-lib like that.

although not everyone will agree, Shoshana will be missed!

Bob: "there is a chance, albeit a microscopic one, that our baby at some point in his or her formative years will get lodged in a tree" ~Related~

C is for Company
#10re: Sho's last performance tonight
Posted: 1/8/06 at 7:31pm

She did give a wonderful touch to that show. Were there any understudys? Anything special happen with rue, david, or michelle?

Broadway_Boy
#11re: Sho's last performance tonight
Posted: 1/8/06 at 7:32pm

Sorry to change the topic, but does any one know when Megan Hilty's contract expires, because I want to go??

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#12re: Sho's last performance tonight
Posted: 1/8/06 at 7:33pm

Did Rue show up?

Broadway_Boy
#13re: Sho's last performance tonight
Posted: 1/8/06 at 7:34pm

yea and she sucked she doesn't sing anything, she talks out every song. And when she speaks she squeaks at the end of every word, which was funny at first but then got annoying.

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#14re: Sho's last performance tonight
Posted: 1/8/06 at 7:36pm

was there any reference to it being her last performance as well?

aslarson05
#15re: Sho's last performance tonight
Posted: 1/8/06 at 7:36pm

May, I think.
But what color were the undies Megan gave Sho? I'm hearing 3 different colors.

WickedRentHead
#16re: Sho's last performance tonight
Posted: 1/8/06 at 7:37pm

I heard a somewhat sketchy rumor from someone who said they had a friend at the show, about the cast giving Shoshana a signed red track suit?

Please tell me that didnt really happen?

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#17re: Sho's last performance tonight
Posted: 1/8/06 at 7:38pm

I thought last show antics like these happened in High School, not Broadway.

Broadway_Boy
#18re: Sho's last performance tonight
Posted: 1/8/06 at 7:40pm

From where I was sitting, front row in the mezzanine, the panties looked just pink, cause they matched the ones glinda was wearing under her dress in that scene. And yea they gave Shoshana a red track suit signed by the cast. Megan gave a speech at the end about each of the 4 people leaving. She said I can't believe I got to work with a golden girl to rue. To David she said Yea-ah and high fived him and said that pretty much sums it up. To shoshana she said I am so glad I had the oppurtunity to work with you from the minute I met you and from the day you took over, two days too soon. Your courage and proffessionalism and kindness to the whole cast has really meant alot to me and I thank you so much. Speaking of that faithful day we have a red track suit fro you signed by the cast. To Michelle she said your the last original witch standing. IT has been an honor and joy to watch you work every day, because you do something different every day. To the four of you I don't mean to sound cheesy but you really have changed my life FOR GOOD

Updated On: 1/8/06 at 07:40 PM

PJ
#19re: Sho's last performance tonight
Posted: 1/8/06 at 7:42pm

Yeah, Megan gave a speech at curtain call addressing each departing cast member.

Shoshana was a vocal powerhouse this afternoon. Sick or not, she delivered the goods. I've never been so excited during "Defying Gravity" as I was today.

David had a little fun with the role today. He wasn't as stiff and dry as he usually is. In my opinion, he still cannot sing, but he did the best I've ever seen him do today.

Rue was Rue. Sure, her performance in Wicked was...hmm, well she was on Golden Girls so she's always a winner.

And Michelle. I haven't seen her perform like that since the first time I saw the show in early 2004 with the OBC. She too had a bit of fun onstage today. Best of luck to her in the future.

YouWantitWhen???? Profile Photo
YouWantitWhen????
#20re: Sho's last performance tonight
Posted: 1/8/06 at 7:42pm

I think the whole red track suit kind of reeks of Idina envy.

Why would the cast do that? Give her something that reminds her that she was not the orignator of the role, but the replacement?

I am not trying to be difficult here, but I am not sure I would take it as a compliment.

PJ
#21re: Sho's last performance tonight
Posted: 1/8/06 at 7:45pm

"I thought last show antics like these happened in High School, not Broadway."

Lighten up. It was a final performance. You're allowed to have a bit of fun.

Updated On: 1/8/06 at 07:45 PM

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#22re: Sho's last performance tonight
Posted: 1/8/06 at 7:46pm

When Megan gave her the red track jacket that everyone signed, she said "Some of you know what this means".

And the underpants were pink, they are the same ones that megan wears under her dress in popular.

*pics uploading now, stand by*

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#23re: Sho's last performance tonight
Posted: 1/8/06 at 7:48pm

Yeah, but at the audience's expense. I'm sure a majority of the people seeing the show today had no idea it was the last day for Bean or any other performer. Don't they deserve to see the same quality performance as everyone else? I can't imagine the producers/production crew would allow/be amused at this.

PJ
#24re: Sho's last performance tonight
Posted: 1/8/06 at 7:48pm

I thought the red track jacket was a funny touch.

I was sitting in front of people who had no idea it was anyone's last show. Even they loved the added tidbits. I heard one woman say "This didn't happen the first time I saw it. But I like it. It's really funny" during Sho's ghetto dancing and pink panties. Updated On: 1/8/06 at 07:48 PM

Videos