News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Huey's Pop

Huey's Pop Profile Photo
Member Name: Huey's Pop
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Falsettos  Jul 17 2017, 01:49:10 PM

I attended the Saturday 1PM screening at LA Live in Downtown LA. Lots of applause after most musical numbers, and lots of crying. The casting and the performances were exceptional and the camera work and direction were perfect. I was lucky enough to see most of the original cast perform March of the Falsettos here many years ago at the Doolittle Theater; and then Falsettoland at the Ahmanson. The show  holds up perfectly.

She Loves Me streaming  Jun 30 2016, 11:02:12 PM

We loved every second of this. She Loves Me is one of my favorite shows and it was a true blessing to see it this way. I'll be watching it a few more times! Thank you, Broadway HD!

Idina at If/Then @ The Pantages  Dec 19 2015, 08:14:46 PM

I just saw the December 19 matinee without Idina. We really hated the show. The sound mix was awful (we sit in the front 10 rows, dead center) -- couldn't understand much of the dialogue. The contrived plot was not only confusing, but carried almost no emotional weight.

We left at intermission. A root canal would have been more fun. How did this show ever get produced?

Who saw the original THEY'RE PLAYING OUR SONG?  Oct 4 2015, 12:10:18 PM

The show started in Los Angeles before it moved to Broadway. I saw one of the early performances in LA. It was a thrill to see Robert Klein (one if my favorite comedians) up on the stage. 

Your thoughts on the 2010 Promises, Promises revival  Sep 23 2015, 12:22:47 PM

I saw it in NYC, front row, center seats.  All the magic I expected was missing. It was a dull show.

My brother and sister-in-law loved it. My daughter and brother agreed with me.

"Turkey Lurkey Time" from the movie "Camp" far outshined what we saw on that stage. Even the old video clip from the Tonys was more inspired.

Bridges of Madison County in Los Angeles - Single tickets just went on sale!  Aug 28 2015, 01:25:41 PM

Just bought our tickets to see this show -- luckily we found some singles in the first few rows of the orchestra. We cannot wait to see this!

First show seen on broadway?  May 18 2015, 10:26:50 AM

Baker Street, starring Fritz Weaver and Inga Swensen, back in 1966 as I recall (the second year of the NY Worlds Fair).

Sad to see Honeymoon go...and this disturbing trend  Apr 3 2015, 11:34:45 AM

Living in Los Angeles, I always hope that a show becomes a hit so it will tour and I'll get to see it. Do you think there's any chance that HiV will tour? 

Best Cy Coleman Score  Feb 20 2015, 11:52:17 PM
Just reading through these comments and being reminded of all Coleman's work has me missing him. I was lucky enough to see him honored in Los Angeles just days before he passed away.

Sweet Charity was one of the first records I purchased as a teenager. I wore that album out.

Aha, nice memories.

The Last Five Years (The Movie, The Thread)  Feb 13 2015, 10:02:39 PM
I watched it and loved every minute. I had seen this on stage several times (once at UCLA with JRB playing piano and singing the Jamie parts.). This version affected me deeply, bringing out my own memories of past failed relationships and an unwanted divorce. I will watch it again soon. I give it an A+.
Would a musical adapeed from Neil Diamond's  Jan 27 2015, 10:12:42 AM
Lol. The original poster is on medicare!!
Would a musical adapted from Neil Diamond's "The Jazz Singer" work?  Jan 26 2015, 10:19:18 PM
Seems to me the movie has some great songs that could be translated to the stage. Comments?

Sweeney Todd PBS  Sep 27 2014, 01:01:00 AM
It's one hour into the show on the west coast and I am enjoying every minute of it. Sweeney is one of my favorites and this production is so much better than the film version. Yes, thank God for PBS and a big plasma TV!

Stunning Trailer of Miss Saigon Revival  Jul 15 2014, 09:59:08 AM
Amazing. Sure hope this version comes here (Los Angeles).
THE BRIDGES OF MADISON COUNTY to Close May 18  May 1 2014, 07:47:30 PM
I sure hope the tour hits Los Angeles. Really want to see this show.
Tony Nominations- what does it mean as far as closing notices?  Apr 29 2014, 09:53:30 AM
How long will Bridges of Madison County last?
BRIDGES Cast Recording to be Released Digitally April 15th!  Apr 16 2014, 02:53:59 PM
I never saw the movie or read the book, so in preparation for this musical I recently watched the film. I've been listening to the Entertainment Weekly link to the recording on and off for a couple of days (I've preordered the CD but won't have it until May. Rats!!!!)

I am blown away by this musical. JRB has outdone himself. Living in the Los Angeles area, we often hope and pray that a musical will tour so that we can see it here. In this case, I'm almost ready to jump on a plane and

Annapurna  Apr 15 2014, 09:18:26 AM
I saw this show in Los Angeles last year and it is terrific. It was staged at the Odyssey theater (very small venue... Not sure if there were 99 seats, but it seemed like that.) so cool to see these two actors up close in perfect harmony.
Liza (On an E)  Mar 20 2014, 11:51:50 PM
Amazing! Does this guy ever tour the USA?
'Nine' -- original 1982 production  Mar 14 2014, 08:58:44 AM
Yes, Nine toured. I saw it in Los Angeles. I've always thought that the best part of the show is its original cast album, which seemed to play non stop in my home for many years.

The last time I saw Nine was at a 99-seat local theater. The male lead was engaged to one of the women in the cast. They never married though -- shortly after the performance, he was arrested for the murder of two people in a scheme to get money for his honeymoon. Bizarre! (A double tradegy because his perfor

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You