News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for LS7188

Member Name: LS7188
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME/Britney Spears musical to play pre-Broadway Chicago engagement
 Jul 21 2019, 02:34:42 PM

MNNiceorIce said: "Didn’t see this noted anywhere but this pre-Broadway engagement was pushed back to April 2020."

Is this a good thing or a bad thing; or is it normal for things to be pushed back? I'm kinda looking forward to this, hearing about the rumored casting.

Kelly Anne Conway and Jon Voight attend Hello Dolly
 Jul 4 2019, 07:06:00 PM

WhoCouldBeBlue said: "You people are pathetic. You’re like a bunch of immature mean girls who don’t like who is in the audience, so let’s stomp our feet and refuse to perform!

You’re the exact reason why this country is so divided. May Karma visit you all and have you play to empty houses.
"

They're the exact reason why the county is so divided- really? If I'm not mistaken, they are not the ones responsible f

HADESTOWN - which songs?
 Jun 25 2019, 01:18:11 PM

Lot666 said: "I really hate the way they're releasing this."

Yeah, it seems pretty random. I would've been kind of fine with them releasing a few songs EVERY week until the album's official release rather than every few weeks.

Ryan Murphy To Develop Film Adaptation Of THE PROM For Netflix
 Jun 25 2019, 01:13:58 PM

Any word on if it's going to be "Live" like Grease/Rent Live on Fox or more like Les Mis (2012 film version)? 

how do you get an audition for the prom movie?
 Jun 25 2019, 01:02:46 PM

theatrefan18 said: "My daughter is very interested in auditioning for the role of Emma in the Prom movie. The press release says they are doing a nationwide search. Does anyone have an idea how she would find out more information on auditioning for the role? I appreciate any feedback. Thank you.Â

https://www.theatermania.com/new-york-city-theater/news/meryl-streep-james-corden-ariana-grande-the-prom_89134.html
"

I'm not sure. Maybe more details will come soon?

I wouldn't be surprised if they've already started their search with the Jimmy Awards from last night. There were lots of great talent showcased. 

Ryan Murphy To Develop Film Adaptation Of THE PROM For Netflix
 Jun 25 2019, 12:58:55 PM

Lot666 said: "Re: "Awkwafina"

Monikers like this are just too affected for me to take seriously. When you have to try that hard to prove you're an "artist", I can't help but doubt your credibility. If that makes me judgmental, ignorant, and despicable, I'll own it.
"

So, did you not enjoy Lady GaGa in "A Star is Born"? 

I didn't expect the original cast members to be in the film adaptation, but

Light in the Piazza- London
 Jun 24 2019, 12:56:15 AM

Ledaero said: "I believe she was sick when they opened? Hopefully she improves with each show.

I'm curious to know more about Dove Cameron and her tendencies for calling out due to illness. I saw her inCluelessat Pershing Square during previews(?) and she was on for Act I and called out sickfor Act II. And she seemed to call out frequently for illness reasons for the rest of the run. Is she prone to getting sick easily, does she have medical conditions, is she

Light in the Piazza- London
 Jun 23 2019, 12:51:37 PM

ggersten said: "London message board is mixed with suggestions Cameron may not have vocal stamina for Clara. She called out right after opening."

I believe she was sick when they opened? Hopefully she improves with each show. 

I'm seeing it in LA when it opens. 

Hadestown stage door
 Jun 10 2019, 08:53:31 AM

emb99 said: "Also, I saw the show 4/25 and at that point people were already holding spots, coming early if they hadn’t seen the show, etc. I can’t imagine what it’ll be like after last night."

I'm going next week. Do you know how soon they start setting up for the stage door? Also, do you know how other people/fans get when someone is holding a spot for someone else? I may have my brother save a spot for us since he's not going to be watchi

2019 Tony Awards Reactions Thread
 Jun 9 2019, 08:46:22 PM

SFFrontRow said: "ucjrdude902 said: "Why do they keep flashing "LIVE" this year? Why is that all of a sudden a big deal?"

Because when we see it out on the west coast, it will NOT be live and we have to be reminded... it will say Live on the screen and then "Recorded from an earlier telecast" underneath that. Its like and Ionesco play.

So keep feeding us left coasters the winners... LOL
"

I could've swor

Hoping for some upsets tonight for a fun Tony TV show.
 Jun 9 2019, 02:15:10 PM

TooTiredForThis said: "I don't get why so many people want The Prom to upset. Its so... mechanical and cliched for the stories we Queer people are allowed to have, complete with the straight lead character who is inspired by the Saint Gays. The show would be infinitely better without Dee Dee and if Emma had some real flaws of her own to overcome. But, as is usual, a queer story needs to have a straight lead... for sales... Its not as bad as a story of the AIDs crisis being fronte

Hoping for some upsets tonight for a fun Tony TV show.
 Jun 9 2019, 01:11:58 PM

ethan231h said: "Also rooting for The Prom!!! As much as I love Hadestown, The Prom is a really special show that deserves to be recognized. Also, the marketing ofHadestown has sorta put the message out there that they are the best musical ever and no one can touch it and I just think that doesn't make me want to support them if they have that mentality (producers)"

It would be different if they're the only ones claiming it, but there are lots of articles and

2019 Tony Awards Performances
 Jun 6 2019, 10:56:08 PM

Scarlet Leigh said: "Wait For Me is their like BIG number in the show. He just happens to sing it. And I'm not entirely convinced that it's gonna be Wait for Me I. They did Wait for Me II on CBS Saturday morning that featured the whole company. And since we know the full company IS a part of the performance for Tonys (Patrick Page instagram storied from an early rehearsal). I would not be shocked to see some kind of mashup between the two. Starting with Wait for Me I but fini

New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
 May 27 2019, 04:25:15 PM

Kruth1 said: "Anyone else see Jordan Fisher tweeting Dancing Through Life lyrics a few days ago? Last time he was tweeting song lyrics like this was for Hamilton and then they announced him joining the cast. I’d be happy with him as Fiyero"

I'd be happy to see him on Broadway or the film adaptation. However, I am hoping Taron Egerton is considered for the film role as he was great in Rocketman and has been getting lots of praise lately.

My Favorite Elphaba
 May 20 2019, 09:58:01 PM

After seeing Rocketman, Taron Egerton would do Fiyero justice.

May 19 2019, 04:08:55 AM

I saw it earlier as well and thoroughly enjoyed it. I might take my mom to see it when it officially releases on 5/31. I also kept thinking, "This may/can be adapted into a stage production sometime" throughout the film. I was surprised at how much they committed to the musical numbers but at the same time it made sense being that it was Elton John, who was also closely working with the filmmakers and had a lot of say and input as it was his story. I haven't seen BH but I have h

HADESTOWN Previews
 Mar 31 2019, 12:41:09 AM

dramamama611 said: "Unless otherwise stated, all actors should be expected at all performances. There hasn't been any talk that I'm aware of indicating any role needs an alternative."

Thanks! I wasn't sure. I know sometimes there are shows where some of the leads don't do shows during the week (I know Eva had some nights off when she did Miss Saigon).

HADESTOWN Previews
 Mar 30 2019, 07:28:33 PM

Does anyone know what the actors' schedules are? I'm looking to buy tickets and want to see if I can go on a night that Eva is scheduled to be on. Thanks!

Vanessa Hudgens Wicked?
 Jan 28 2019, 11:34:32 PM

I love Vanessa, but I think their best bet is to hold auditions and cast Elphaba with an unknown while using big names as the supporting cast.

Vanessa Hudgens Wicked?
 Jan 28 2019, 10:54:56 PM

BrodyFosse123 said: "LS7188 said: "It's still listed as being released for January 2019, right? I'm afraid we'll be getting an announcement soon of it being pushed back (again)."

Sweets, we’re in January 2019. Anyway, WICKED is currently “in development” status so any previously announced release date has been cancelled. Universal is currently filming CATS with Jennifer Hudson as Grizabella, Taylor Swift as Bombalurina and m

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You