pixeltracker

Zach Braff to Make Broadway Debut in BULLETS OVER BROADWAY April 2014; Ashmanskas, Wolfe, Wolpe, Yorke, Pastore & More Join Cast

Zach Braff to Make Broadway Debut in BULLETS OVER BROADWAY April 2014; Ashmanskas, Wolfe, Wolpe, Yorke, Pastore & More Join Cast

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#2Zach Braff to Make Broadway Debut in BULLETS OVER BROADWAY April 2014; Ashmanskas, Wolfe, Wolpe, Yorke, Pastore & More Join Cast
Posted: 6/27/13 at 3:14pm

Such an interesting ensemble, still no Helen Sinclair, which was really the role I was most interested to read about.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#2Zach Braff to Make Broadway Debut in BULLETS OVER BROADWAY April 2014; Ashmanskas, Wolfe, Wolpe, Yorke, Pastore & More Join Cast
Posted: 6/27/13 at 3:17pm

^ my feelings exactly, ray.

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#3Zach Braff to Make Broadway Debut in BULLETS OVER BROADWAY April 2014; Ashmanskas, Wolfe, Wolpe, Yorke, Pastore & More Join Cast
Posted: 6/27/13 at 3:18pm

I read "Yorke" and got so excited because I thought Rachel York, but then realized her last name has no "e" and wasn't excited anymore.

BwayGeek2 Profile Photo
BwayGeek2
AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#5Zach Braff to Make Broadway Debut in BULLETS OVER BROADWAY April 2014; Ashmanskas, Wolfe, Wolpe, Yorke, Pastore & More Join Cast
Posted: 6/27/13 at 3:22pm

Helene Yorke is incredibly talented. Glad to see her getting a break in a high-profile role, after missing out on a few in the past.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

ray-andallthatjazz86
#6Zach Braff to Make Broadway Debut in BULLETS OVER BROADWAY April 2014; Ashmanskas, Wolfe, Wolpe, Yorke, Pastore & More Join Cast
Posted: 6/27/13 at 3:29pm

Jordan, I assumed Rachel York was playing Helen when I clicked on the thread, then I re-read Yorke's last name too. I imagine the Donna Murphy rumors are not true if they didn't announce her with this batch.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

givesmevoice
#7Zach Braff to Make Broadway Debut in BULLETS OVER BROADWAY April 2014; Ashmanskas, Wolfe, Wolpe, Yorke, Pastore & More Join Cast
Posted: 6/27/13 at 3:32pm

I feel kind of bad that Betsy Wolfe has literally the most boring role in the show.

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

ray-andallthatjazz86
#8Zach Braff to Make Broadway Debut in BULLETS OVER BROADWAY April 2014; Ashmanskas, Wolfe, Wolpe, Yorke, Pastore & More Join Cast
Posted: 6/27/13 at 3:43pm

I feel kind of bad that Betsy Wolfe has literally the most boring role in the show.

Seriously. I love Mary-Louise Parker in the movie, but it's the kind of character than in a show would have very little to do. We'll see though. I guess Eden hasn't been announced either? I'm surprised Wolfe isn't playing Olive (that's nothing against Yorke, never heard of her, but I can't imagine she'd have been picked if she wasn't right for the part, the cast sounds great).

Kelly2 Profile Photo
Kelly2
#9Zach Braff to Make Broadway Debut in BULLETS OVER BROADWAY April 2014; Ashmanskas, Wolfe, Wolpe, Yorke, Pastore & More Join Cast
Posted: 6/27/13 at 3:46pm

I knew Wolfe was involved but I'd been assuming she'd be playing Olive, I'm very surprised to see she's playing Ellen. I'm sure she'll make the most of the part as she's done many times in the past but I was certainly expecting her to play Olive.

"Get mad, then get over it." - Colin Powell

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#10Zach Braff to Make Broadway Debut in BULLETS OVER BROADWAY April 2014; Ashmanskas, Wolfe, Wolpe, Yorke, Pastore & More Join Cast
Posted: 6/27/13 at 3:55pm

Fun fact:

His salary is crowdfunded by a kickstarter campaign!

....but the world goes 'round

dreaming Profile Photo
dreaming
#11Zach Braff to Make Broadway Debut in BULLETS OVER BROADWAY April 2014; Ashmanskas, Wolfe, Wolpe, Yorke, Pastore & More Join Cast
Posted: 6/27/13 at 3:56pm

I like it so far. I hope they get equally exciting casting for Helen Sinclair (in my opinion, the best written role in the film), and Olive.

followspot Profile Photo
followspot
#13Zach Braff to Make Broadway Debut in BULLETS OVER BROADWAY April 2014; Ashmanskas, Wolfe, Wolpe, Yorke, Pastore & More Join Cast
Posted: 6/27/13 at 4:01pm

So who is the perfect Helen Sinclair?

My first thought is Christine Ebersole.

"Tracy... Hold Mama's waffles."

givesmevoice
#14Zach Braff to Make Broadway Debut in BULLETS OVER BROADWAY April 2014; Ashmanskas, Wolfe, Wolpe, Yorke, Pastore & More Join Cast
Posted: 6/27/13 at 4:06pm

Now that LuPone is definitely out of the running, my hope is for either Ebersole or Marin Mazzie.

gchris11
dreaming Profile Photo
dreaming
#16Zach Braff to Make Broadway Debut in BULLETS OVER BROADWAY April 2014; Ashmanskas, Wolfe, Wolpe, Yorke, Pastore & More Join Cast
Posted: 6/27/13 at 4:35pm

Ebersole would be my pick. However, I have a feeling they might want a movie star for the role.

Playbilly Profile Photo
Playbilly
#17Zach Braff to Make Broadway Debut in BULLETS OVER BROADWAY April 2014; Ashmanskas, Wolfe, Wolpe, Yorke, Pastore & More Join Cast
Posted: 6/27/13 at 5:02pm

Ebersole, yes.

"Through The Sacrifice You Made, We Can't Believe The Price You Paid..For Love!"

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#18Zach Braff to Make Broadway Debut in BULLETS OVER BROADWAY April 2014; Ashmanskas, Wolfe, Wolpe, Yorke, Pastore & More Join Cast
Posted: 6/27/13 at 6:24pm

Didn't somebody say Bobby Cannavale was in negotiations to play Cheech?

And yes, my choice for Helen would be Christine Ebbersole, but considering there aren't really any huge box office draws in the cast so far, they may be looking for a movie star.

Or, as someone astutely said earlier, the star of this musical is Woody Allen.

I don't see his name on the current logo, so maybe that will not be the case.

No "Woody Allen's Bullets Over Broadway" to promote.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

ray-andallthatjazz86
#19Zach Braff to Make Broadway Debut in BULLETS OVER BROADWAY April 2014; Ashmanskas, Wolfe, Wolpe, Yorke, Pastore & More Join Cast
Posted: 6/27/13 at 6:39pm

Ebersole would be great, but Donna Murphy and Marin Mazzie are my top two choices, Mazzie hasn't gotten to be funny in forever so I'd love to see her tap into some of those KISS ME, KATE talents.

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#20Zach Braff to Make Broadway Debut in BULLETS OVER BROADWAY April 2014; Ashmanskas, Wolfe, Wolpe, Yorke, Pastore & More Join Cast
Posted: 6/27/13 at 6:46pm

I adore Marin, but I'm partial!

And yes, it would be great to see her in a comedic role again.

I would be FAR from disappointed if she were cast as Helen!

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

dreaming Profile Photo
dreaming
#21Zach Braff to Make Broadway Debut in BULLETS OVER BROADWAY April 2014; Ashmanskas, Wolfe, Wolpe, Yorke, Pastore & More Join Cast
Posted: 6/27/13 at 7:32pm

Too bad Catherine Zeta-Jones is too young for the role-she'd be perfect as Helen.

Updated On: 6/27/13 at 07:32 PM

RaisedOnMusicals Profile Photo
RaisedOnMusicals
#22Zach Braff to Make Broadway Debut in BULLETS OVER BROADWAY April 2014; Ashmanskas, Wolfe, Wolpe, Yorke, Pastore & More Join Cast
Posted: 6/27/13 at 7:54pm

I've heard that they are not interested in casting a movie star. Guess we'll see.

CZJ at opening night party for A Little Night Music, Dec 13, 2009.

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#23Zach Braff to Make Broadway Debut in BULLETS OVER BROADWAY April 2014; Ashmanskas, Wolfe, Wolpe, Yorke, Pastore & More Join Cast
Posted: 6/27/13 at 8:19pm

Marin Mazzie did the most recent reading as Helen and (from what I've heard) will not be continuing on to the full production. The search is on for a replacement.

Helene Yorke is a brilliant comedienne with a killer voice who has been poised to break out with a major role for some time. I'm thrilled everyone will have the opportunity to see her in a part that will let her shine as brightly as Olive will.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

nasty_khakis
#24Zach Braff to Make Broadway Debut in BULLETS OVER BROADWAY April 2014; Ashmanskas, Wolfe, Wolpe, Yorke, Pastore & More Join Cast
Posted: 6/27/13 at 8:19pm

Catherine Zeta Jones is in no way too young. She is only two years older than Dianne Weist was in the movie, 46. I fully buy her as an aging actress who refuses to play the older/mother roles. She's not my top choice, but she's not too young and would make a damn good Helen! If anything choices like Patti (as great as she'd be) would be too OLD.

Ebersole would win another Tony, as would Beth Leavel.