News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for DCDrama2

Member Name: DCDrama2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

All Best Musical Winners Ranked by Number of Performances
 Apr 29 2024, 08:31:32 AM

This is really interesting. I'd love to see revival stagings and performances added next to the original count just for kicks.

Ex: Cats - 7,485 (1:593)

The Lonely Few @ MCC
 Apr 28 2024, 11:24:33 PM

CoffeeBreak said: "How were the "stools with backs", stage level, on house left? It seems those could probably see the SL scenes above the SL bar?"

They looked a bit uncomfortable to sit in for the whole show, but the visibility was probably great for all the scene locations. The only ones who didn't have to twist around to see anything. And they get cast members walking past quite frequently, which can be fun.

Michael R. Jackson & Anna K. Jacobs' TEETH Musical at Playwrights Horizons (Winter 2024)
 Apr 28 2024, 11:21:36 PM

CoffeeBreak said: "Probably acast recording. The extension didn't selland there were plenty of tickets on TDF."

I'm sad to hear the extension didn't sell well. I wish it could just take up residency at New World Stages and live there for a good long while. Like Titanique and Little Shop, I'd love for this to just be available to see whenever I need a dose of hilarious insanity.

The Lonely Few @ MCC
 Apr 28 2024, 11:14:58 PM

I was very excited to see this tonight. Sadly, it didn't resonate. I liked the idea of just about everything that was tried but ultimately didn't see much substance in it. The set is made to feel like you're in a bar with a small stage. But then there's an apartment set built atop the bar area. The people seated "in the bar" on stage were often just helplessly there, and sometimes felt in the way. A three-top table is used as a retail checkout counter in one

Albums that should be made into Musicals
 Apr 26 2024, 11:28:27 PM

MovieInMyMind2 said: "How about "Rumours" by Fleetwood Mac with the addition of Stevie Nicks' song "Silver Springs" which they left off the Rumours album because they ran out of room.

I think that album could tell one hell of a story...
"

<Stereophonic has entered the chat>

PRAYER FOR THE FRENCH REPUBLIC Previews
 Dec 20 2023, 11:32:25 AM

Promo code FAFFRNCH still works on telechargeoffers.com

APPROPRIATE Previews
 Dec 11 2023, 09:34:04 PM

Saw it last night. Runtime was about 2:40. Really powerful performances here from the whole cast. Sarah Paulson and Corey Stoll absolutely deserve nominations. I'd love to see Natalie Gold snag a nom too as she brings some FIRE. And I expect Alyssa Emily Marvin to be a strong leading actress in a few years as well.

As a whole, the show is richly layered and I imagine will land differently depending on one's perspective, age, and background. It could have easily become a heavy-h

BROADWAY DISCOUNTS
 Nov 7 2023, 12:11:26 AM

Anything new for Shucked?

ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME Broadway Previews Thread
 Jun 21 2023, 09:54:48 PM

Scarlet Leigh said: "DCDrama2 said: "My wife saw this in DC and was in awe of Guarini. From the promotional videos it looks like the cast goes out into the aisles. Does anyone know if Guarini does as well and which one? I'd love to get aisle tickets for her birthday knowing that he'll run right by her as a bonus surprise."

No. Its members of the ensemble during the megamix at the curtain call. It's VERY brief and they only got back like.... 1

ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME Broadway Previews Thread
 Jun 21 2023, 09:43:36 PM

My wife saw this in DC and was in awe of Guarini. From the promotional videos it looks like the cast goes out into the aisles. Does anyone know if Guarini does as well and which one? I'd love to get aisle tickets for her birthday knowing that he'll run right by her as a bonus surprise.

Musical Theater Heaven!
 Apr 6 2023, 08:32:13 PM

Not sure what you find suspect about it. As for notable people who left, I don't want to list names. But, as it was a Monday evening performance there were a lot of recognizable people currently on Broadway, and the conversations around me were largely between people in shows now or in the industry. One notable exchange between someone leaving at intermission while his companion stayed:

"Come back once they've worked it all out."

"No, no I don't think

Sorkin and Sher to revive CAMELOT for Broadway
 Apr 4 2023, 10:49:25 PM

BJR said: "I think it looks elegant as all hell but not like a show with much humor or, frankly, singing"

There is singing aplenty and it’s surprisingly VERY funny.

Musical Theater Heaven!
 Apr 3 2023, 11:27:39 PM

This was, sadly but unquestionably, the worst thing I've ever seen on Broadway. It is dull, long, pointless, and celebratory of toxic relationships. It's over-choreographed in the transitions with no added value and yet the actual dance numbers are basic and underwhelming. A LOT of people were on their phones during the show, not just checking the time, but actively texting or just scrolling. The 11-year-old kid in front of me was so bored he crawled under his seat for a nap. People g

FAT HAM Previews
 Mar 26 2023, 03:10:47 PM

With action happening in the aisles, is the mezz to be avoided to see it all? Or is nothing really lost from being up there?

SHUCKED On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
 Mar 9 2023, 07:45:46 AM

I have a slot open on 4/4 and was hoping to see this but noticed it's opening night. Does anyone know if/how tickets can be bought for that show?

Abud, Butz, Peil and more to lead CORNELIA STREET musical off-Bway
 Feb 17 2023, 02:37:57 PM

I have two tickets to tomorrow's matinee if anyone is interested. Row F, center. I paid $100 each but I'll take offers.

ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME Pre-Broadway Tryout - Previews & Reviews
 Feb 16 2023, 10:14:35 AM

Justin Guarini was THE absolute best part of this show in DC. The show is ready-made for high school licensing but it could/should be a star-launching platform for him.

Disney’s HERCULES - News & Discussion Thread
 Feb 8 2023, 06:05:43 PM

Oh wow, this looks like a lot of fun.

MTC's The Best We Could at NYCC
 Feb 8 2023, 06:04:32 PM

I'm very curious about this one and would love to hear from anyone who goes tonight or this weekend. I can't quite figure out the tone it will have from the promotions.

Broadway Discounts
 Feb 2 2023, 02:26:43 PM

I found this site for Broadway discount codes. It is a nice collection of codes but needs more contributions to be comprehensive. Perhaps we could help update it and make it more useful.

broadwayhero.com

The designer posted about creating it a few months ago on Reddit.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You