News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for TooTiredForThis

Member Name: TooTiredForThis
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

What Was The Worst Musical You Saw
 Apr 13 2020, 04:45:53 AM
This is hard cause there's so many aspects of bad.

Aspects of Love is kind of redeemed by its last 30 minutes, but by God i would die before sitting through the rest of that slog.

Matilda isn't a bad show but oh boy does it have some of the worst adaptational decisions. Final song by a mafia only mentioned in a running gag? Matilda only getting her powers halfway through the second act?

Saturday Night Fever was... terrible but in a cheesy, can't look away kinda way.

MATILDA movie musical confirmed.
 Jan 17 2020, 10:01:46 AM
I wonder if they'll change it si that she has her powers much earlier. The pacing of Matilda is honestly terrible and these fact that she doesn't have anything till 3/4s of the show is a major part of that.
Despite Turnaround, ‘Beetlejuice’ Being Forced Out of Theater
 Dec 10 2019, 01:17:32 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "songanddanceman2 said: "Jordan, it has more to do with the fact that Beetlejuice has since turned things around after a lot of hard work. I and many others presumed that the theatre would change for Music Man due to this.

It's a nasty thing to do in my opinion, I don't care how that sounds. This is getting closed for a celebrity cash grab revival, that's what I think sucks.
"

Then If the show continues to bre

Dec 10 2019, 02:26:06 AM
I don't get the live for Moulin Rouge. I have never struggled through a song the way I did Satine's Entrance even they dropped it. I didn't make it halfway through the album. It's just, hollow Wall of Noise. It had a large fanbase that waited a long time for a show that never died down, and now it's a spectacle to see, but we'll see where it's at in a year.
A.R.T 1776 Trouble...
 Dec 3 2019, 12:56:02 PM

magictodo123 said: "So I'm trying to purchase tickets for 1776 at ART, but every time I click on a date (and I'm logged into my account, and I've updated my account) it logs me out again! Is anyone having this problem? Are the tickets not on sale yet or something?"

Tickets aren't available yet. When you go to the page for 1776 it lists what dates tickets will be made available for what donor level. If you donate 50 you'll be able to purch

Tootsie Is Closing
 Nov 11 2019, 07:57:48 PM
Not surprising. At least now the speculation can end.

I don't think any show has benefited from an April premier in recent years as much as this one, but it was able to use Tony season excitement to get a near 300 show run that... it probably just wouldn't have had otherwise.

Movies that WILL be musicals, inevitably
 Nov 8 2019, 05:03:08 AM

I feel that MY COUSIN VINNY is only a matter of time. It's going to happen. 

And the biological clock number us going to be great. 

Finally saw TOOTSIE
 Oct 31 2019, 02:20:28 AM

I don't think any musical has benefited in recent history from an April opening than Tootsie. I like Santino but his leading performance is vanilla as all get out in the show, but gets an added benefit of being a man dancing in heels that is often seen as an automatic win at the tonys, but even then, the hype around it has died. The book often grazes the serious implications it's plot has but never fully wrestled with it, and it's not as funny as it was made out to be. Honestly i

Not Nominated / Should Have Won
 Oct 27 2019, 09:17:41 PM

qolbinau said: "Marin Mazzie in Bullets Over Broadway (& Next to Normal - but a replacement)

Bernadette Peters in Follies (& A Little Night Music & Hello, Dolly! - but a replacement)

"

I only disagree with Bernadette winning because Jan Maxwell's Phyllis is still probably the most visceral performance I've seen in a musical. I get why Audra won,  limited engagements that end before the Tony's will never win, but

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/11/19
 Aug 13 2019, 09:05:14 AM
As long as Tootsie is making some profit per week, I honestly expect it to continue there till there's something else lined up for the Marquis.

Any word on that Beauty and the Beast revival rumor?

SIX (finally) headed to Broadway?
 Aug 6 2019, 08:14:10 PM
This show has a lot of momentum, a lot of positive buzz around it, by starting with multiple runs outside of New York, it's going to gain ground among the roadies, it's the only original score currently slated for the season, it's both a fun crowd pleaser and an artsy high concept piece.

This may be a monster sweep at the Tony's next year.

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/4/19
 Aug 6 2019, 08:54:58 AM

As bad as Tootsie looks now, it's going to stay open at least for a month after the rest of the closures this month, hoping to increase its capacity based on there being less options.

Honestly it's lucky it's lasted this long and has probably benefited more from an April opening than any show in recent memory, affording itself to Tony leadup hype. It really didn't know who it was marketing to, it had the same hype around its actor that any actor who dances in heels

How did Phantom lose Best Score??
 Jul 30 2019, 03:04:28 PM

joevitus said: "kdogg36 said: "Lot666 said: "kair enough, but what do you think ALW would say about his use of musical themes in Phantom, if asked?"

Although I don't lovePhantom, I'm actually quite pro-ALW, and I have no doubt that a great deal of thought goes into creating his best scores. Years ago, in fact, I had a website that analyzed the score ofAspects of Lovein rather excruciating detail!
"

How did Phantom lose Best Score??
 Jul 30 2019, 10:26:42 AM

Phantom's score is fun but contains some weak lyrics and is so inaccessible ttyl actors that is hard to create s character from them, it's overwrought in a way that makes the character elements bland. It's a phenomenal orchestral score but it's not one I listen to to be moved.

That said, as much as I actually do like both shows for their faults, the best song from the 87-88 season was definitely "Freedom is Coming Tomorrow", it still cracks up my hear

How long will Hadestown run last?
 Jul 28 2019, 08:04:04 PM
It's a 4-5 year show. While it had a lot of momentum, I see non Broadway fans talking the more about it than any show since Hamilton, and there is more tourism based around people specifically coming to see this show, rather than just seeing it while they happen to be in town. It really taps into a major anti- capitalist moment in our time and really speaks to millennial culture and views in American society. Combine that, it's current tracking against other multi year hits, demand, and size of
Movies That Will Be Adapted Into Musicals
 Jul 28 2019, 07:21:50 PM
I'm shocked that My Cousin Vinny hasn't happened yet, it seems almost perfect for a musical adaptation. The Biological Clock song where they just pile stakes on the case would be amazing.

I feel like Hateful 8 is already pretty close to a stage play. Give it a creepy, folksy score it could be brilliant.

Audience Having a Bad Time?
 Jul 21 2019, 05:27:03 AM

DoTheDood said: "While this isn't Broadway, the worst audience response I have seen was a few months ago ata regional production of "Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime". I love this play, I have seen recordings of it and have read it before, so I'm very familiar with it. I go into this show and it's a house full of subscription-based theatre goers, all much older people. I have no idea why, but they barely reacted to anything. There were these awkward

Beautiful stage images
 Jul 7 2019, 08:20:22 PM
Anything from the NT Follies, but... above all else in that show there's a segment where Imelda Staunton is standing just in front of the rotating part of the stage, and Young Sally is walking perpetually forward on the rotating part so she's in the same spot. She's walking perpetually towards Sally with this sad, almost horrified expression of what she ages into. I'm not one hundred percent sure why but it's stayed with me moe than any other moment in theater it was haunting.

Tell us your dream Broadway revival!
 Jul 5 2019, 07:18:39 PM

Jarethan said: "Reverse the last two and that’s a really good cast. Sara Ramirez is a Stella to me, while I could see Anika Noni Rose rising to the occasion for Carlotta."

Honestly I can see them both working both roles. I put Anika as Stella because I think she can make that transition from Whose That Woman to Stella reflecting on how little she did after the Follies absolutely heartwrenching, and really inject some power into a small part. I see Ramirez havin

Tell us your dream Broadway revival!
 Jul 4 2019, 04:00:09 PM

My dream revival takes place 15 years from now so that everyone is around the right ages. But my dream revival is Follies, as well done and as large as the NT production. Keep the documentary aspect added in NT.

Annaleigh Ashford- 49- Sally Durant Plummer
Laura Benanti- 54- Phyllis Rogers-Stone
Lin Manuel Miranda- 55- Buddy Plummer
Christopher Jackson- 58- Ben Stone
Sara Ramirez- 58- Carlotta
Anika Noni Rose- 61- Stella

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You