News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for dadaguza

Member Name: dadaguza
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Dylan Mulvaney/Cabaret
 Aug 21 2023, 11:15:41 AM

Sutton Ross said: "Yeah no."

My sentiments exactly.

& JULIET On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
 Nov 29 2022, 08:36:46 AM
GiantsInTheSky2 said: "That performance was…something.

For those who know/have seen the show (not me, other than knowing and liking all of the songs covered in the show) - what numbers would you say are the strongest and should be performed on a show like this? It just seems like an odd Pitch Perfect (although far from it) performance with period style costumes. I was hoping to be excited and enticed to buy tickets but this was a swing and a miss for me

Nov 17 2022, 11:41:17 PM

Miles2Go2 said: "Bill Snibson said: "EDSOSLO858 said: "Jordan Catalano said: "Walker is back tonight."

Don't know if you saw this from slightly earlier in this thread... but thoughts on potentially stunt-casting JT or Brian Littrell as Shakespeare in the future?
"

JT never but Brian is a more likely possible stunt cast.
"

Haven’t seen the show & please correct me if I’m wrong,

Nov 17 2022, 12:40:30 AM

PipingHotPiccolo said: "EDSOSLO858 said: "Jordan Catalano said: "Walker is back tonight."

Don't know if you saw this from slightly earlier in this thread... but thoughts on potentially stunt-casting JT or Brian Littrell as Shakespeare in the future?
"

Brian Littrell maybe but you cant seriously think Justin Timberlake is going to step into a supporting role in a jukebox musical on Bway and sing his pop songs from 20 years

Angelina Jolie takes daughter to meet ‘Dear Evan Hansen’ cast backstage
 Aug 25 2022, 11:59:57 AM

gypsy101 said: "which daughter was it? she has several"

Vivienne, one of the twins.

Places to Eat in Times Square
 Aug 12 2022, 01:20:36 PM

chelseaburnside said: "Hi! Does anyone have any good brunch recommendations for a pre-matinee meal on Saturday? The closer to the theater district the better, but open to Hell's Kitchen or the on either side of the general midtown area"

I second a previous poster and highly recommend Hold Fast.

I also recommend Dutch Fred's and Mom's Kitchen, also both located in Hell's Kitchen. 

Looks like Mom's even offers brunch all day.

https://menus.dutchfreds.com/full

https://www.eatatmomsnyc.com/location/moms-kitchen-bar-midtown/#midtown-all-day-brunch

Enjoy :)

Olivia Newton-John Has Passed Away
 Aug 9 2022, 07:17:10 PM

I can't remember the last time my heart sank like this upon hearing the news of a celebrity death.

John Travolta wrote the sweetest tribute. So sad he has lost 3 loved ones to this disease.

NYC Renews Indoor Mask Advisory
 Jul 8 2022, 09:37:43 PM

Huss417 said: "KathyNYC2 said: "Yes and we ushers and front of house people get to be the guinea pigs. Fun times!

Forget there is no longer a mask requirement for patrons. On Wednesday an audience member decided her seat was a good place to floss her teeth.
"

Not that this is a contest for the grossest but I had a person in front of me cutting their toenails. Once I figured out what they were doing I lost it on them.
"

No. Way. I didn't think anything would top the peanuts story in the unpleasant audience behavior  thread

Unpleasant theater audiences
 Jul 8 2022, 03:46:14 PM

WOW that peanuts story is beyond uncouth. Nevermind barn dance - he belongs in a pigsty.

I'm also in the lucky minority as I've never had an unpleasant Broadway experience, not even at Rock of Ages.

My Unpopular Ratings/Rankings Are Back!
 Jul 1 2022, 05:24:00 PM

Aaron Tveit's El Tango De Roxanne was sick too. Hands down my favorite part of the show.

I second Sutton's emotion about one star for Hamilton. I saw it for the first time last month (and with an understudy on for Hamilton) and was like, 'how was I sitting on seeing this one for years?' Probably because I could see 5 shows for the price of 1 back then. 

Can Actors Stage Door Yet ?
 May 1 2022, 05:46:02 PM
Dollypop said: "I have a friend in PARADISE SQUARE and we met after the performance. The barricade was set up and we chatted across it--keeping more than 6' between us. No other cast members came out."

Just giving you a thumbs up for not responding to the OP like a rude self righteous jackass.

Broadway’s Mask and Vaccination Policy Extended to April 30
 Apr 10 2022, 02:49:40 PM

bwayplays said: "starcatchers said: "bwayplays said: "Does Broadway have the negative test instead of vaccine policy still?"

No, all attendees must be ages 5+ and fully vaccinated.
"

But what if someone has a medical conditions or religious belief- can they not get a negative Covid test to attend a Broadway show?
"

Yes, they can. They'll need to provide a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours of curt

Moulin Rouge-rating?
 Mar 27 2022, 09:38:22 PM

If I remember correctly, there wasn't any sexual innuendo or cussing in Moulin Rouge. The most risque thing about the show I'd say would be the dancing. The dancers' costumes are pretty revealing. 

Moulin Rouge or Phantom?
 Mar 17 2022, 01:33:34 PM

OP, do you have the time/budget to see both the time you are here? If so, definitely do it! 

What Are YOUR Top Performances of 2021
 Dec 30 2021, 04:46:47 PM

Jennifer Nettles as Jenna in Waitress 

I didn't think I would ever love anyone else's performance as Jenna more than Jessie Mueller's, but Jennifer Nettles really surpassed that and more. There was not one thing I didn't love about her performance. I'm so glad I had the opportunity to see her in it twice, from the first and second row in center orchestra. It was amazing to be part of her standing ovation for SUTBM, and just a f

Musical films that don't have the same energy as their stage counterparts
 Dec 19 2021, 03:34:03 PM

Another vote for Rock of Ages. Hated the casting - Tom Cruise was so wrong as Stacee Jaxx, I couldn't understand how Jack Black wasn't a shoe-in to play Lonny (unless he was and declined). And if they wanted to go for a household name cast, ..why stop with Drew? I also didn't like the plot/character changes, and how they omitted the fact that Sherrie did have sex with Stacee, not the reporter. Not sure if that was because Julianne Hough has (had?) a wholesome reputation t

Waitress Casting
 Nov 8 2021, 12:19:16 PM

I sometimes wonder if the casting team reads these boards.

Ciara Renée is the Next Jenna in WAITRESS on Broadway
 Nov 2 2021, 10:27:29 AM

Never heard of her. I'm disappointed they didn't cast a bigger name to close out the show too. 

Suggestions for London Trip in Dec
 Oct 28 2021, 12:22:30 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "In addition to theater, Kensington Palace has Diana’s iconic Wedding Dress on display as part of their exhibit that’s ending in January - something I’m finally going to check out in a couple weeks."

I'll wonder if they'll bring and display it at the NYC exhibit that starts in January.

Suggestions for London Trip in Dec
 Oct 28 2021, 12:16:29 PM

Back to the Future does look fun. The West End's production of Phantom is also on my list if I ever visit London so that would be my other suggestion. Have a great trip! 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You