News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for jagman106

Member Name: jagman106
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

LEMPICKA Reviews
 May 19 2024, 11:17:41 PM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "Sometimes when people have a breakup, there are a lot of raw feelings. Feelings of hatred or betrayal.

It's usually best to talk it out privately with a loved one or therapist,channel those feelings into a project, or go sleep with someone you shouldn't.

Sometimes, instead of doing that, people write a longFacebook/Insta post about how much they hate their ex. While some readers will say "yes gurl drag him!", most

LEMPICKA Reviews
 May 19 2024, 10:49:35 PM

TheaterMania. https://www.facebook.com/theatermania/posts/pfbid0Nzw7e6rM3dfArRMbD6fmR6iiykJ1oN3DNPnRsahSERxz2cHVjk13aFaa8AJXRxqvl

LEMPICKA Reviews
 May 19 2024, 08:34:24 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "The writing was spray painted on the wall the second the “Eden Espinosa is best known to gay men across the country as one of the best Elphaba’s of all time” ad came out.

THAT is what the show will be remembered for.
"

I agree, and the fact that they discounted/papered tickets to many women who identify with or advocate for the gay LGBTQI-plus community, who were extremely vocal during certain scenes, may have tu

Is
 May 19 2024, 08:18:50 PM

I disagree that Broadway is ruined forever. In regard to "gentle plays," I'm not quite sure what you mean with that description, but this season had a slew of good plays that were mostly well-received that I don't consider "brutish." Good theater is good theater regardless of where it plays. There is a niche for every style of production, and I don't find a dearth of Broadway shows to attend, also having attended theater since the 70s. Further, in tho

LEMPICKA Reviews
 May 19 2024, 01:03:51 PM

binau said: "Can't wait to hear what the closing was like today."

On another theater website, the producers are lamenting that 8 weeks of performances is not enough time to build word of mouth. Actually, there has been plenty of WOM, and for the most part, it wasn't very good. I imagine they'll be playing the victim today, complaining that no one gave them a chance, reviews were unfair, people don't want new or original musicals, and every other excus

Scott Rudin returns:
 May 18 2024, 01:52:38 PM

Broadway Flash said: "Maybe he will bring back the Laurie Metcalf Joe mantello who’s afraid of Virginia Woolf"

I would love that as it's the only show that I had tickets to in Spring 2020 that I wasn't able to see post-Covid. Does Rudin or his company still have the rights to the show? I don't know how that works, but I am curious.

J. Smith-Cameron and Mark Rylance in JUNO AND THE PAYCOCK, directed by Matthew Warchus [West End]
 May 18 2024, 01:46:10 PM

I'm more excited about the prospect of this show coming in than I am for Orthello opening, and that's saying a lot! Fingers and toes crossed X X X X!

What is the worst production you have ever seen on Broadway? What is the worst show?
 May 18 2024, 01:41:04 PM

For me, it was Dance of the Vampires. I was excited to see Michael Crawford's return to Broadway after Phantom. The critics butchered it, so I wasn't expecting too much. I caught a Saturday matinee, then met up with a friend for dinner and an evening show together. When we met, our exchange went something like this:

He: So, how was it?

Me: Well, the critics were wrong!

He: Really?

Me: Yes, they were too kind!

A runner up was The

City Center’s MATTRESS transferring to Broadway this summer
 May 17 2024, 10:45:45 AM

bigbelterbaby said: "Carol Burnett was nominated for the Tony for originating the lead role, but Sarah Jessica Parker was snubbed in the 90s for the first revival. How does this production compare with the 90s one ?"

I echo the question on comparing the two productions. I found the 90s revival to be a snoozefest - the guy sitting behind me said aloud, "This is Once Upon a Mistake," and I thought he was right. I didn't see the Encores production out

The Historians, the Rape Apologists, and the Bolsheviks: The most absurd lines from Lempicka "critics"
 May 14 2024, 01:14:29 PM

Gotta hand it to the diehard Lempicka fans (or people associated with the production), they don't surrender easily.

Robert Downey Jr to make Broadway debut in Ayad Akhtar's McNeal at Lincoln Center
 May 14 2024, 01:07:07 PM

TaffyDavenport said: "Row B is a step up from row A, but row C is flat with row B, making row C the only row in the theatre with no rake, which can pose an issue with a blocked view if they're using row B, which was the first row forMy Fair Lady."

Thanks, Taffy. I was on the same level with the row in front of me (which was the first row) for MFL, so understandable, Row A was removed for the production. I always  try to sit several rows further

Darren Criss and Helen J Shen Will Lead MAYBE HAPPY ENDING on Broadway
 May 14 2024, 12:17:59 PM

EDSOSLO858 said: "Criss proved to be a draw inHow to Succeedat the height of his "Glee" career, buthis involvement inHedwigdidn't mean much to ticketbuyers a few years later.

Can he sell a new musical?
"

I think he has enough of a following from his Glee days that will help sustain the show for at least several months, and that he will probably attract enough tourists to get a show through a summer or in this case, the ho

Robert Downey Jr to make Broadway debut in Ayad Akhtar's McNeal at Lincoln Center
 May 14 2024, 12:11:18 PM

gibsons2 said: "So, I got through on my phone and was able to purchase two tickets in the center orchestra row B, without getting to choose my seats,and only after I paid, I realized that this row doesn't even exist on the seat chart. The 1st row appears to be C. Am I going to wind up looking at actors shoes and not the play itself?"

I sat second row center orchestra (forget the row number) for My Fair Lady and found it to be a bit uncomfortable, more so

May 14 2024, 10:25:35 AM

Same for me. I was in the queue and at 10:10 a.m., it said that it was my turn and I was being directed to the LCT member website. Then I got a message that my time expired, I had to get back in the queue. Now my estimated arrival time is 10:35. I've never had this problem on their website in the past. 

F/U: At 10:40, it was my turn once again, I was told I would be redirected soon, and then I was told my time expired. Andre Bishop can't retire fast enough!

Linctix more than 2 tickets
 May 13 2024, 12:25:25 PM

As a long time LCT member, I'm able to purchase tickets for four of us who each have an individual LCT membership, so I imagine you can order tickets linking multiple LincTix accounts, but I can't say it with absolute certainty. I know, I'm not very much help.

Adam Guettel deserves to win
 May 12 2024, 11:51:58 AM

Although I enjoyed the score to DoWaR, I didn't find it as lush as Piazza, and I wonder if the recent Encores production reminds people of the beauty of that score. It may be recent enough for voters to draw comparisons, although they should vote based on a score's own merits. As far as Guettel being royalty, the Rodgers family hasn't been a dominant force on Broadway in years. I don't think his DNA will be a factor if he wins.

I love the songs in Stereoph

STEREOPHONIC Original Broadway Cast Recording Thread
 May 10 2024, 11:28:58 PM

The last time I repeatedly streamed, well, played, an entire album repeatedly, I was in college. I LOVED this show, and having this recording makes me love it even more. I intended to go back and see it again, but now I want to go back, and back, and back...

Dancin vs Illinoise
 May 7 2024, 04:43:28 PM

Jarethan said: "To me, Dancin was a bore in the 70s. I know it was a big hit, but Fosse was hot at the time.

I felt there was a sameness in having one dance number after another, with no connecting thread. I was bored before the 3rd act began. I may be incorrect, but I do remember 2 intermissions. I have to admit that I felt the same way about Jerome Robbin’s Broadway. Too much of a good thing.
"

I enjoyed the original production of  Dancin"

(Insert Name or Show) Was Robbed!
 May 3 2024, 06:47:41 PM

I found this article on the Playbill website to be interesting. Ingrid Michaelson feels that she was snubbed. I haven't seen The Notebook, but from what I heard, the score isn't that remarkable. I find it interesting that some people feel that they deserve a Tony nomination simply by showing up. Yes, not getting a nomination is disappointing when someone puts so much of their life into creating art, but I wonder about what seems to be a sense of entitlement. 

https://www.playbill.com/article/we-are-all-worthy-the-notebooks-ingrid-michaelson-comforts-those-who-werent-tony-nominated

The 77th Annual Tony Award Nominations for 2024
 Apr 30 2024, 02:22:38 PM

I'm seeing Cabaret tonight, so I'm happy the show got a decent number of nominations because the case might be pumped. I was thinking the energy might not be as high had the show done poorly with nominations (Yes, I know they are professionals and would make every effort to give a wonderful performance).

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You