News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for emida

emida Profile Photo
Member Name: emida
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

INTO THE WOODS Previews  Jul 10 2022, 11:44:44 AM

Saw the wednesday matinee this week and I had a marvelous time!

The standouts for me were Brian D'Arcy James, Julia Lester and Phillipa Soo. I did love Sara Bareilles in the role, but I was sometimes distracted because her voice didn't always mesh with the rest of the cast. It has such a pop sound. But her comedic timing and acting were top notch!

Patina Miller's Last Midnight was incredible, but I wish she had done more with the role. 

All around, a wond

Am I the only one that wasn't that impressed by Hedwig  Jun 29 2014, 06:18:22 PM
«NPH just seems way overrated in this whole role. Actually, in general, NPH is way too over-hyped for the "talent" he has.

I've only seen a few minutes here and there of Hedwig, so I'm not judging the show. I am just tired of all this praise for someone who doesn't really do much but play themselves.»

Are you implying that NPH has a multiple personality disorder? Because I don't see how he can be Barney Stinson, Dr. Horrible and Hedwig (which are 3 very different

Dream cast your favorite performers!  Jun 27 2014, 09:55:09 PM
Laura Osnes : Eliza in My Fair Lady,
Sean Palmer : Don Lockwood in Singin' In The Rain
Colin Donnell : Bobby in Company
Sutton Foster : The Baker's wife in Into the Woods
Kristin Chenoweth : the mother in Ragtime

MY FAIR LADY revival for 2014?  Jul 4 2013, 11:53:34 PM
I am very excited about a revival! My Fair Lady is one of my favorite broadway musicals and I've been waiting for a revival for some time now.

I would love to see Colin Firth as Henry Higgins, but I don't know if he would be interested to do broadway.

Laura Osnes would be a lovely Eliza Dootlittle. I think she looks and sounds the part.

Judy Garland in Annie Get Your Gun  Jun 29 2013, 02:30:31 AM
I'm sure she would have made a perfect Annie Oakley with the right director and more support from the studio.

Her They Say It's Wonderful with Howard Keel is simply beautiful. I would have loved to hear her sing Anything You Can Do.

Heather Morris Departing GLEE  Jun 29 2013, 02:09:41 AM
I am personally happy that she's leaving. She's a very bad actress (though she was a bit better this season), mediocre singer and her character is so boring. She didn't have much going on for her apart from the dancing.

Which Rodgers & Hammerstein Classic do you love the most?  Jun 8 2013, 03:59:11 PM
Oklahoma
Neil Patrick Harris To Return As Emmy Host  May 29 2013, 02:19:56 PM
I'm excited about it. I have enjoyed every show he has hosted so far and he made the Emmys more fun to watch for me.
Scores That didn't Have One Single Bad Song In It?  May 28 2013, 10:28:23 PM
I agree with Annie Get Your Gun, Oklahoma!, My Fair Lady, West Side Story, Follies and A Little Night Music.

I would also add The Apple Tree. I love every song from that score and it's simple, funny and sweet at the same time. Never get tired of it.

Dumbest Tony Awards Decisions  May 28 2013, 05:19:02 PM
-Bernadette Peters not nominated for Follies
-Kristin Chenoweth not nominated for The Apple Tree
-Aaron Tveit not nominated for Catch Me If You Can

-Danny Burstein not winning for Follies
-The Lion King winning over Ragtime for best musical

Musicals that should've had a longer run...  May 20 2013, 11:31:03 AM
Catch Me If You Can and The Drowsy Chaperone
What do most posters on BW do for living?  Mar 12 2013, 10:29:09 AM
I'm a college student and I'm working in a library. Also, like Emma White, I'm living in Montreal.

Hathaway/Firth for MY FAIR LADY?  Feb 20 2013, 10:43:23 AM
EDIT : Just saw that it was for Broadway and not a movie remake...

I like the idea of Firth, but not sure he would be able to do it 8 times a week. Hate the idea of Hathaway for Eliza. I have doubts about her being able to sing the material.

Laura Osnes or Sierra Boggess would be perfect for this.

The Always Marvelous Leah Michelle Singing Les Miz on Glee  Feb 6 2013, 11:07:25 AM
I think it's a beautiful version.

The song choice makes absolutely no sense, but it's better than the crap top 40 songs Glee has been doing this season.

What's your favorite moment/song from season 1 of Smash?  Jan 28 2013, 12:31:30 PM
I really loved Don't Say Yes Until I Finished Talking.

I wish they would make Christian Borle sing more in season 2.

HUGH JACKMAN WHATS WITH ALL THE NEGATIVE COMMENTS  Jan 28 2013, 12:26:32 PM
Wynbish, I totally feel the same.

I thought he was spectacular until Bring Him Home. That's the only moment where I was like «Dude, the song is too big for you».

He was amazing in the rest of the movie though.

Lea Michele's New Loreal Commercial  Jan 14 2013, 12:46:21 AM
yeah... maybe that's just me. I do look to a lot of screencaps of tv shows/movies though so maybe I'm just used to it too much to see anything wrong with it.

Congrats to Hugh, Anne and LES MIZ!  Jan 14 2013, 12:44:32 AM
Very glad for their GG wins! It was well deserved!! I was actually seeing the movie for the third time while they were winning their Golden Globes...
Lea Michele's New Loreal Commercial  Jan 14 2013, 12:41:47 AM
Don't really see what's wrong with her in that screencap... I think it's how anyone would look like if they were screencaped while talking...

What is the most underrated musical of all time  Jan 11 2013, 09:18:10 PM
I forgot The Apple Tree, Ragtime and The Drowsy Chaperone.

Also, one of my favorite musical based on a movie : The Wedding Singer.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You