News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Umeboshi

Member Name: Umeboshi
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration
 Apr 26 2020, 09:25:31 PM

Oh Kelli O'Hara...heart

Shut down until June 7
 Apr 20 2020, 04:04:16 PM

Yes, I agree. They are not very accurate and could lead people into a false sense of security as well. Then again, that sense of security, no matter how misleading, might make some theaters consider investing in them anyway...

Fosse76 said: "PatrickDC said: "1) forehead thermometer scans"

I don't really think temperatures scans are accurate. Your external body temperature could read hotter for a variety of reasons (hot/humid weather, running d

Hamilton OBC Reunite for John Krasinski's SGN
 Apr 6 2020, 03:21:40 PM

This was beautiful. But was this dubbed over the cast recording? How else could everyone's recording (even if done individually) so clear and in sync?

Tickets Refunds
 Mar 17 2020, 02:16:15 PM

teresa2 said: "TDF refunded my tickets, but minus 4.00 on each. They should not be doing that. Telecharge and ticketmaster I believe are giving full refunds.I did not cancel my tickets, Broadway is closed.I am going to email them as I want my full refund.Is TDF doing the same to everyone?"

Yes $4 off all refunds. I understand your annoyance but consider it a small donation to TDF who does amazing work for accessibility to the arts. If Telecharge or Ticketmaster dared

Tickets Refunds
 Mar 17 2020, 02:14:35 PM

Trish2 said: "Thanks for starting this thread.

I purchased a ticket in cash for COMPANY this week. I'm out in NJ and wasn't able to get to box office before they closed. Does anyone know if they will honor that ticket for a future performance, or issue a cash refund when the box office re-opens?

Any info would be appreciated.
"

Hold on to that ticket, I strongly believe they will allow cash refunds in the future once things start coming b

What’s the last show you saw on Broadway before its closing?
 Mar 15 2020, 10:05:25 PM

Company, a week before the shut down. It was wildly entertaining and the gender reversal makes so much more sense. I hope it survives to open on Broadway.

Scott Rudin lowers tickets to $50 for all his shows in March
 Mar 12 2020, 12:00:08 PM

True to his word, all tickets are already $50 for March. I won't be taking advantage of this offer however. With the rumors as they are unless you're planning to go watch it tonight or tomorrow it seems like a shutdown is inevitable and getting a refund will be a headache. 

The Lehman Trilogy Previews Thread
 Mar 11 2020, 11:09:41 AM

For those who have seen it, would rear mezzanine be a poor choice of seat given the rotating glass box? Sight lines from the rear mezz at the Nederlander are very good because of the steep rake but I'm concerned all I'll see is the roof of the box. 

CSC Assassins Extends
 Mar 9 2020, 05:25:44 PM

Kad said: "CSC's whole MOthe last few years has beengetting high-profile casts to get its productions to sell out a run. It is not indicative of greater plans for a production- it's a small house and they only do a few shows a season. And, frankly, their record of production quality is... questionable."

I have to admit I bought into the hype and got a ticket without having seen Assassins or anything by Doyle. This would be my first CSC show. What other CSC pr

WHO’S AFRAID OF VIRGINIA WOOLF? Preview Thread
 Mar 8 2020, 06:07:16 PM

For someone who seems to enjoy imposing rules, I wish he would ban food for his shows. The constant noises of crinkling candy wrappers were very distracting during To Kill a Mockingbird.

CAMBODIAN ROCK BAND
 Mar 5 2020, 08:33:00 AM

Echoing Pashacar's comments to "temper your expectations a bit" but still recommend. Tickets are still available.

I have multiple issues with the play but I appreciate Yee's ambitions and intent to remind/introduce a mostly Western audience to a truly horrific time in history. My hope is that even if the play doesn't accurately portray real-life events, people will be inspired to learn more information about what actually happened. Commendable effort. 

Isaac Powell-West Side Story
 Mar 3 2020, 10:17:06 PM

That's disappointing. Seems like he's still recovering from his injury, but that is odd timing for him to post something like that since it sounds like it's not that he's "not feeling up to it" but it's his injury that's preventing him. 

Anyway, glad I didn't hop on that TKTS offer tonight. 

Company Previews Thread
 Mar 2 2020, 12:31:14 PM

hearthemsing22 said: "Does anyone know someone who got a rush ticket for tonight? I wonder how long the line got and how many people actually got tickets."

I wasn't there but looked on IG and people said they were only giving out singles. Person who was 15th in line didn't get a ticket, not sure when it cut off before it got to her. 

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
 Feb 27 2020, 02:32:57 PM

amlheureux said: "I'm terribly indecisive and can't decide between Orchestra Row U, seat 11 or Dress Circle Row F Seat 119. Any advice? The View from My Seat looks so far back in the Dress Circle."

Dress circle 100%. 

The Official TDF Thread
 Feb 27 2020, 12:24:18 PM

Keep trying all. When Famebroadway2 first posted that all the tickets were gone, they were gone, but I kept checking and snagged one in the end. Company seems to be making a concerted push for trying to sell out first-week previews, what with the $59 partial-view seats released. Very good chance they will be announcing rush soon too and I would bet those will be in the $30 - $40 range. 

My Next Trip
 Feb 27 2020, 12:21:28 PM

Miles2Go2 said: "LexiGirl said: "Miles2Go2 said: "Beetlejuice, I’m heartily sorry for having offended thee. It’s not even close to the best thing I’ve seen on Broadway, but overall it’s a good time. I regret thinking so poorly of it before."

Glad to hear you enjoyed it, Miles! I have Beetlejuice tickets for my April trip that I bought because my husband wanted to see it. Now that he has backed out on going on the trip, I

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You