News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for PhantomMickey

Member Name: PhantomMickey
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

delete
 Apr 30 2024, 11:12:59 PM
delete
SPAMALOT 2023 Previews
 Nov 12 2023, 04:08:31 PM

I saw this Friday night, and we had a lovely evening! We were both familiar with the material from watching Monty Python growing up, and I also watched a touring production in NJ some years back. 

We sat Mezz Rear Left O 1, 3. Kinda tight and not the best view because of taller people in front of us in the next two rows. Got unlucky there. And as someone mentioned in a previous post, 

&nb
“Monty Python's Spamalot” is coming to Broadway?
 Jun 27 2023, 07:28:28 PM

I'd love if this came to Broadway! I saw it on tour in NJ several years back & really enjoyed! I was 10 when it originally came to Bway so I missed out.

My partner has never seen a production of this and is a big Monty Python fan so I'd love to get to take him. A DC trip wasn't in the cards or else we would have gone, but it would be fab if it came to us

Disney's THE LITTLE MERMAID live-action movie musical - News & Discussion Thread
 May 24 2023, 09:49:38 PM

Watched a 6pm showing. TLM is one of my absolute favorite Disney films and I mostly enjoyed. Didn't love every choice by far, but I didn't aggressively hate it like I have every other adaptation (minus Cinderella). 

Scuttlebutt was a bad song and bad placement. 

Also can't forgive the continued erasure of Her Voice. 

ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME Broadway Previews Thread
 May 18 2023, 11:03:22 AM

"My biggest problem with &Juliet is that Romeo and Juliet end up together at the end, again. What's the point of re-writing the story if the story ends up pretty much the same except for the death? 'Once upon a one more time' allows you to choose your own story, for real."

For me & Juliet was a story about two people in a struggling relationship using Romeo and Juliet to explore their own desires, problems, and future. So as they are able to recon

ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME Broadway Previews Thread
 May 18 2023, 09:02:12 AM

I went last night! Orch V5,7. I was pretty stoked as a Britney fan and as someone anticipating the show since the Chicago announcement. 

I enjoyed Act 1 -- fun night out vibes, don't take anything too seriously and even the jokes weren't all the most creative, it was still enjoyable. Several uses of the songs made me laugh like Work, Bitch, Piece of Me, Scream & Shout. I thought standouts were the Stepmother, Snow, Prince Charming, and the comedic timing of the Ste

ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME Pre-Broadway Tryout - Previews & Reviews
 May 11 2023, 02:26:31 PM

New code for $50 mezz and orchestra tickets; code expires 5/13

OOPS50

I didn't see it posted here previously so sharing and apologies if I missed it.

SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
 Apr 28 2023, 03:18:53 PM

Hi! I won lotto tickets for tomorrow night... I won lotto tixs in the beginning of April but forewent them because a lot of understudies seemed to be going on and I really wanted to see the main cast. Have there been as many absences recently? Thanks!

Musical Performances on the 2023 Tony Awards
 Apr 25 2023, 07:41:11 PM

When I watched Camelot, as soon as Soo began You Make Take Me to the Fair, I immediately thought, "This should be the Tony's number." I know there are other iconic songs, but this really stood out to me.

I think it stands alone so well and is such a fun entry point to a scheming Guinevere that could attract audiences. It reminded me of Gentleman's Guide Tony's performance, which is what made me interested in watching that musical-- all those unique personalities s

Sorkin and Sher to revive CAMELOT for Broadway
 Apr 6 2023, 09:50:13 PM

So we went to the 4/5 8pm show. Lottery win, seats Orch row L 105, 106. Legroom was very tight but view was great. You can't read the main screen fully, but they have side ones set up which do the job just fine. 

Lancelot seems like such a tough role to understudy for with the French lines and sword choreography. Neither of us were particularly wowed by him though sadly enough. I'm not sure how much was him or how much was his character feeling like a third wheel to Arthur

Sorkin and Sher to revive CAMELOT for Broadway
 Apr 4 2023, 06:39:54 PM

I won the lotto for tomorrow night! I'm taking my mom since she grew up with it as a musical her mom loved. I recall not really loving the movie when she showed it to me, buutttt I'm doing it for her, haha.

Sweeney - Reviews
 Apr 3 2023, 08:44:27 AM

I saw the 4/1 matinee. We sat midmezz G 1,3,5. I did feel like there were some heads slightly in my way and it wasn't marked as partial view when I bought the seats (presale, maybe it has changed), but a few scenes with Joana, the Judge and Anthony were obstructed.

This was my first production of Sweeney, and the main reason I wanted to see it was the cast. We thought Annaleigh was hilarious and sounded amazing. From comments here I expected to miss more of her words, but it was mu

Lord of the Rings Tickets
 Jan 2 2023, 08:54:59 AM

Hi everyone! 

I have 2 extra tickets for The Lord of the Rings In Concert - Fellowship of the Ring at Radio City on Feb 9 at 8pm. I'm selling at face value ($79.50 + $22.80 fee) for a total of $204.60. I can transfer the tickets via Ticketmaster to whoever wants them.

Long story short, I bought the tickets as a birthday gift for my partner, only to find out he had bought a pair on a different date as a surprise for our anniversary. So now we have more tickets than we ne

KIMBERLY AKIMBO Previews
 Oct 20 2022, 12:46:08 PM

Hey everyone! Would you recommend this as a fun and heartwarming show to take my mom to for her 60th birthday? My mom and I have always gone to Broadway shows together and was just curious what some other theater fans might think. Thanks!

FUNNY GIRL on Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
 Sep 23 2022, 10:54:34 AM

I won the lotto for last night's show with Julie Benko. Took my mom since she really wanted to see this, and I had low expectations, but was excited to see Julie since everyone's been so positive of her. We sat Orchestra Right C2 & 4 (wow!!) and had a nice night. Julie and Tovah were standouts and really made the show. 

THE MUSIC MAN Previews
 Jan 13 2022, 10:06:49 AM

I was at last night's performance! I'm someone who likes the movie and has a partner whose family really likes it so the nostalgia is strong. We sat Mezz Right E 20-24, which were really good! 22 and 24 missed a smidge of movement in a handful of scenes, but nothing major.

On the whole it was enjoyable, but nothing spectacular. We were disappointed with the sets and lighting. Marian's home was our favorite set up. Like many here, I had high hopes this could compare to Dolly

ALW Licensed Products
 Dec 20 2021, 05:18:29 PM

Hi everyone! I was wondering, if you could buy any Phantom of the Opera, Cats, or Starlight Express items, what would you like to see widely available?

Feel free to think about:

-cosmetics

-jewelry

-plush

-apparel

-bedding

-publishing

-housewares

-food/grocery

-accessories 

-travel items

-electronics 

-decorations

-costumes

-music

Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods
 Oct 18 2021, 11:32:08 PM

I got my tickets for May 15!!! Can't wait!!

London Revival of Anything Goes with Sutton Foster to be filmed?
 Sep 17 2021, 03:56:29 PM

Wow, I'd be so excited to see this! I didn't get to watch her in this role on Broadway, but I've seen the Tony performance. 

COME FROM AWAY will be filmed; aiming September 2021 release
 Sep 10 2021, 11:42:45 PM

Scarlet Leigh said: "ALSO! To anyone that has NOT gotten AppleTV+ for this yet, you can get 4 months FREEthrough TARGET. Go to Target.com and signup for a free account. Once you are signed into your account, under partners, you can redeem 4 months free of AppleTV+"

Woah, thank you!! Will def redeem this :)

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You