pixeltracker

Michael Ball out of WIW indefinitely?

Michael Ball out of WIW indefinitely?

amcchemist Profile Photo
amcchemist
#0Michael Ball out of WIW indefinitely?
Posted: 2/3/06 at 6:14pm

I have read on another web site that Michael Ball is out of WIW indefinitely due to being unable to shake the virus he has. Sounds like he is very ill. Can anyone on this site verify that? Very much like what happened to Michael Crawford in London last year. Anyway, know some friends who were planning a NY trip to possibly see the show and would like to find out for them if possible. Thanks in advance.

Michelleruth2 Profile Photo
Michelleruth2
#1re: Michael Ball out of WIW indefinitely?
Posted: 2/3/06 at 6:58pm

I just know what I read on his fan club site. It doesn't look good.

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#2re: Michael Ball out of WIW indefinitely?
Posted: 2/3/06 at 7:19pm

First the curse of elphaba crap

now fosco has his own thing going on

I hope he gets better. Saw the show 2 weeks ago and loved it. Plan on returning to see him.

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

jo
#3re: Michael Ball out of WIW indefinitely?
Posted: 2/3/06 at 8:06pm

Sadly, they have just announced that the show will be closing on February 19, 2006.

What a shame!

But I am glad that I have seen the production ( and Michael ) both in London and on Broadway.

Wishing Michael a full recovery and hoping for better news on his future plans.

Jo

jem2 Profile Photo
jem2
#4re: Michael Ball out of WIW indefinitely?
Posted: 2/3/06 at 9:24pm

Hi Jo,

I guess it would be a lot to hope for that Michael rally and be in the show for the last week? If his health permits, of course. I know he is on full vocal rest right now.

I agree that I wish him a full recovery and best wishes in his future plans. Now Alone Together on Broadway...that's the ticket! And Jonathan Butterell will already be in town... re: Michael Ball out of WIW indefinitely?

I'm only half joking there.

Very sad indeed about WIW closing so soon.

Katurian2 Profile Photo
Katurian2
#5re: Michael Ball out of WIW indefinitely?
Posted: 2/3/06 at 10:32pm

Is it really? WOW! I am out of the loop!

"Are you sorry for civilization? I am sorry for it too." ~Coast of Utopia: Shipwreck

amcchemist Profile Photo
amcchemist
#6re: Michael Ball out of WIW indefinitely?
Posted: 2/3/06 at 10:53pm

Boy, did I time that one right? If I'd just waited a little longer to post, wouldn't have had to ask. I would imagine he already knew, which is why the other post I read was telling fans not to make plans for travel to see the show. Sounds as if his fan club had a trip planned for NY in March. Bummer! Been there, done that, only with a different actor and in London. But there is so much to do and see, hope they make the most of their trips if they can't cancel. Know I did and had a ball! Didn't regret making the trip.

Still, wishing Mr. Ball a big "get well soon". No one likes to be ill - got to be rough.

jo
#7re: Michael Ball out of WIW indefinitely?
Posted: 2/4/06 at 12:45am

ALONE TOGETHER would be excellent. But, first, he needs to recover fully from his health problem, as that show is a voice-killer! That will really show people what a great vocalist and musical theatre actor he is -- it may be formatted like a concert ( as he sings all the time, with no patter) but his songs tell the story of the life of a performer, with all the ups and downs, and celebrates the joy of performing.

Michael received excellent reviews for both the Gilbert & Sullivan operetta PATIENCE and his interpretation of the role of Count Fosco in THE WOMAN IN WHITE - it would be a pity if New York loses him as a performer for a long time. Let's hope he turns his eyes at ALONE TOGETHER. And as has been said, Jonathan Butterell ( Gypsy, Piazza, etc) conceived ALONE TOGETHER with Michael.

Crossing my fingers re: Michael Ball out of WIW indefinitely?

Updated On: 2/4/06 at 12:45 AM

jimmirae Profile Photo
jimmirae
#8re: Michael Ball out of WIW indefinitely?
Posted: 2/4/06 at 1:40am

I wouldn't think he will be on before it closes. He probably wants to go home and forget all about it. Too bad he came in this, We would like to see you as yourself Michael, We'll buy tickets and you can have a nice month's run!!

"It is bad enough that people are dying of AIDS, but no one should die of ignorance." - Elizabeth Taylor

Michelleruth2 Profile Photo
Michelleruth2
#9re: Michael Ball out of WIW indefinitely?
Posted: 2/7/06 at 3:11pm

His fan club has confirmed that he will not be returning.

YayJudyYayJudy Profile Photo
YayJudyYayJudy
#10re: Michael Ball out of WIW indefinitely?
Posted: 2/7/06 at 3:49pm

Norman and Dan (Marcus) will be alternating turns in the role for the rest of the run

proudly changing my name frequently since 2004

chances are AndyF is posting above or below me...

"THIS is how you dress for the Tony's, get it!? Ok, see you at the after-party..." [YAHM]

AlmostFamous Profile Photo
AlmostFamous
#11re: Michael Ball out of WIW indefinitely?
Posted: 2/7/06 at 4:01pm

Who will close it Dan or Norman?? Oh God I hope Its Norman - Has anyone seen Dan?

YayJudyYayJudy Profile Photo
YayJudyYayJudy
#12re: Michael Ball out of WIW indefinitely?
Posted: 2/7/06 at 4:04pm

probably Norman- he has more experience in the role.
I saw Dan last week, he's wonderful- they all bring COMPLETELY different personas to the stage and all have such fun with it, so the closing show is in good hands either way...

proudly changing my name frequently since 2004

chances are AndyF is posting above or below me...

"THIS is how you dress for the Tony's, get it!? Ok, see you at the after-party..." [YAHM]

AlmostFamous
#13re: Michael Ball out of WIW indefinitely?
Posted: 2/7/06 at 4:20pm

ohhh... I am afraid to see Dan
I lovee Norman though!

BWAYboi_yes Profile Photo
BWAYboi_yes
#14re: Michael Ball out of WIW indefinitely?
Posted: 2/7/06 at 9:58pm

Poor Woman in White- I know there are many posts about this. But it just makes me sad. It's a neat show, really. Michael Ball and Maria Friedman were very good. I hope they both continue to do well.

AlmostFamous
#15re: Michael Ball out of WIW indefinitely?
Posted: 2/13/06 at 8:28am

NORMAN IS CLOSING THE SHOW!!!

AlmostFamous
#16re: Michael Ball out of WIW indefinitely?
Posted: 2/13/06 at 8:28am

double post! sorry Updated On: 2/13/06 at 08:28 AM

Videos