pixeltracker

The Woman in White to Play Final Broadway Performance on Sunday, February 19, 2006

The Woman in White to Play Final Broadway Performance on Sunday, February 19, 2006

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#1re: The Woman in White to Play Final Broadway Performance on Sunday, February 19, 2006
Posted: 2/3/06 at 7:38pm

Yikes. That was quick.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

Dirty Rotten Scoundrel
#2re: The Woman in White to Play Final Broadway Performance on Sunday, February 19, 2006
Posted: 2/3/06 at 7:39pm

Wow, that really was fast...I wasn't aware of all the cast being sick.. Updated On: 2/3/06 at 07:39 PM

chinkie azn jai Profile Photo
chinkie azn jai
#3re: The Woman in White to Play Final Broadway Performance on Sunday, February 19, 2006
Posted: 2/3/06 at 7:40pm

Wow, I'm shocked! I'm kinda surprised they didn't leave it open till at least Tony time.

"Chicago is it's own incredible theater town right there smack down in the middle of the heartland. What a great city! I can see why Oprah likes to live there!" - Dee Hoty :-D

#1Elphie Profile Photo
#1Elphie
#4re: The Woman in White to Play Final Broadway Performance on Sunday, February 19, 2006

This is such sad news; I really loved this show. re: The Woman in White to Play Final Broadway Performance on Sunday, February 19, 2006

popcultureboy Profile Photo
popcultureboy
#5re: The Woman in White to Play Final Broadway Performance on Sunday, February 19, 2006

Is Judy Kuhn going to bother doing a week, or is Maria going to finish out the run?

Nothing precious, plain to see, don't make a fuss over me. Not loud, not soft, but somewhere inbetween. Say sorry, just let it be the word you mean.

Broadwaylady Profile Photo
Broadwaylady
#6re: The Woman in White to Play Final Broadway Performance on Sunday, February 19, 2006
Posted: 2/3/06 at 7:43pm

I also liked the show. Michael Ball was great. I did not see Maria as she was out ill. I am glad I saw it when it first came out.

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by moments that take our breath away." "Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain."

LaVieHilary Profile Photo
LaVieHilary
#7re: The Woman in White to Play Final Broadway Performance on Sunday, February 19, 2006
Posted: 2/3/06 at 7:45pm

Well I haven't heard too much good news about the show. Was it vastly popular or just liked but some people.
I heard one track to it and felt it was too dramatic and depressing for my taste.

-------------------------
Light in the Piazza with Megan and Emi
"Girl you got money runnin' in yo bloodline."-Carl the Bartender

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#8re: The Woman in White to Play Final Broadway Performance on Sunday, February 19, 2006

Yeawh, good question. Is Kuhn still going into the show?

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#9re: The Woman in White to Play Final Broadway Performance on Sunday, February 19, 2006

Of course this is very sad news for anyone that is a fan of the show. I myself disliked the show when we saw it in London and was surprised they brought it to broadway. Still.. I wished it well. However.. I am so happy the theater is now open for something new to come in. I have a feeling the St. James is soon to follow.

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!
Updated On: 2/3/06 at 07:45 PM

popcultureboy
#10re: The Woman in White to Play Final Broadway Performance on Sunday, February 19, 2006
Posted: 2/3/06 at 7:46pm

I'll be the first to say it. Will Drowsy Chaperone grab the Marquis?

I wouldn't be SO sure about the St. James. It's still making a huge sum of money due to high average ticket price even though its attendance hasn't been overly high. There's a lot of steam left there I would say. But I wouldn't be overly weepy if I were wrong.

Nothing precious, plain to see, don't make a fuss over me. Not loud, not soft, but somewhere inbetween. Say sorry, just let it be the word you mean.
Updated On: 2/3/06 at 07:46 PM

Becky2 Profile Photo
Becky2
#11re: The Woman in White to Play Final Broadway Performance on Sunday, February 19, 2006
Posted: 2/3/06 at 7:46pm

It is so sudden, I thought I misread the headline at first. I'm really disapointed, I was planning a summer trip out to NY to see it. (Oh well, hopefully Sandra Joseph will see be in Phantom, that's my main reason for the trip)

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#12re: The Woman in White to Play Final Broadway Performance on Sunday, February 19, 2006
Posted: 2/3/06 at 7:47pm

I hope so, Pop. There goes any chance Friedman had at the Tony. It is now a race between Lupone and LaChanze.

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#13re: The Woman in White to Play Final Broadway Performance on Sunday, February 19, 2006
Posted: 2/3/06 at 7:49pm

So no Kuhn...That's sad. She would have been great. Maybe she'll do part of the tour.

popcultureboy
#14re: The Woman in White to Play Final Broadway Performance on Sunday, February 19, 2006
Posted: 2/3/06 at 7:54pm

It's strange they didn't give Kuhn a chance to see if she could do anything for the numbers. But wow, only 31 out of 108 performances so far had a full cast?

Yero
#15re: The Woman in White to Play Final Broadway Performance on Sunday, Februa
Posted: 2/3/06 at 7:55pm

Shocked, yes.
Disappointed, yes.
Unexpected, not at all.

"I have this mental image of Patti barreling down the street and pushing tourists out of her way." -colleen_lee

#1Elphie Profile Photo
#1Elphie
#16re: The Woman in White to Play Final Broadway Performance on Sunday, Februa
Posted: 2/3/06 at 7:57pm

How can you be shocked and think this isn't unexpected at the same time?

Rentjenn Profile Photo
Rentjenn
#17re: The Woman in White to Play Final Broadway Performance on Sunday, Februa
Posted: 2/3/06 at 7:59pm

son of a bitch...i have front row center tickets for my trip planned in April...anyone want to buy them as a novelty item?

There are two ways of spreading light - to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

Yero
#18re: The Woman in White to Play Final Broadway Performance on Sunday, Februa

Well ok, I should have been more specific.
Shocked as in... shocked that it happened so soon, but it wasn't unexpected to me because I could tell it was going to close soon... does that even make sense?

"I have this mental image of Patti barreling down the street and pushing tourists out of her way." -colleen_lee

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#19re: The Woman in White to Play Final Broadway Performance on Sunday, Februa

They'll give you a refund.

Rentjenn Profile Photo
Rentjenn
#20re: The Woman in White to Play Final Broadway Performance on Sunday, Februa
Posted: 2/3/06 at 8:01pm

lol...i know that, i ain't upset about the $$

There are two ways of spreading light - to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

jem2 Profile Photo
jem2
#21re: The Woman in White to Play Final Broadway Performance on Sunday, Februa
Posted: 2/3/06 at 8:04pm

I feel totally dejected...

I, despite having a preconceived notion that I wouldn't like the show much, LOVED it. I saw it twice the middle of January during the brief window that Michael Ball was well enough to perform and Maria was in. Magic times...they were both magnificent.

What an absolutely fabulous cast and ensemble. Some of the nicest, most talented, bighearted, and hardworking people making the best of every performance against the odds sometimes. They are surely on to bigger, better, and brighter things...every last one of them.

Doogie Profile Photo
Doogie
#22re: The Woman in White to Play Final Broadway Performance on Sunday, Februa
Posted: 2/3/06 at 8:04pm

I JUST bought a ticket to see Elena Shaddow play Laura tomorrow night. If Jill Paice takes back those shows....::makes angry face::

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#23re: The Woman in White to Play Final Broadway Performance on Sunday, Februa
Posted: 2/3/06 at 8:05pm

I thought they would at least drag it through tony time. But not much after. I thought for sure "producers" would be winters first casualty.

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

popcultureboy
#24re: The Woman in White to Play Final Broadway Performance on Sunday, Februa
Posted: 2/3/06 at 8:09pm

Despite the movie dying on its ass, The Producers still grossed a healthy $600,000 last week, which I would think is way above its break even figure.

But I too am really surprised they didn't try and push it through Tony nominations, especially as they were inviting voters now to see Maria before she took her time off for chemo. Maybe the Marquis invoked the stop clause?

Videos