News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for movieinmymind

movieinmymind Profile Photo
Member Name: movieinmymind
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: I want to be an opera singer when I grow up. Anna Netrebko is my hero :)

CO-CAPTAIN OF ANDREWNESS AND OFFICIAL GFU MEMBER! :D

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Taylor the Latte Boy karaoke?  Jul 24 2007, 05:31:25 PM
thank you :)
re: HAIRSPRAY - - - A Bonafide Crowd Pleaser  Jul 20 2007, 10:36:25 PM
basically...
i had a HARD time stopping myself from getting out of my seat and dancing in the movie theater!!

GO SEE IT!!

Greg Jbara Love Thread Part 5: Keeping the love for our true prance alive!  Aug 1 2006, 03:44:54 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMANDA!!

re: Tarzan  Jul 22 2006, 04:47:00 PM
i agree, curly

front row's great because you can really see the tears in the actor's eyes when they're sad, and you can see the sweat on tarzan's body after he's fought the cheetah. they're close enough to touch, and you get sucked into this...amazing world. i've sat front row for other shows, too, and no other experience was like this.

re: Tarzan  Jul 21 2006, 11:13:01 PM
i sat front row, too! (dont you just LOVE it? :) )

anyways, yeah, the opening sequence SUCKED ME RIGHT IN. WHAT A WAY to start a show! i was breathless by the end!

and i also loved the curtain before the show starts. it's a very smart idea, having the picture of the ship reach africa when the show begins.

re: Highest note belted on a cast recording?  Jul 21 2006, 03:45:12 PM
are you all forgetting about chester gregory in tarzan!?

i know a lot of people dont like the show/the recording, BUT, his last note in "trashin' the camp" is...HIGH. and since the question was about the highest note BELTED, i dont know if it counts as belting, but it was crazy.

and the recording doesn't give it justice. i saw him perform last night, and i couldn't believe my ears. plus, he has a five octave vocal range!!

re: Tarzan  Jul 21 2006, 03:38:02 PM
hey, i'm 17 years old, and i LOVED IT. i grew up with disney, and last night was just..magical! i dont know what it was about that show that left me feeling really, really happy, but it let out the kid in me. i cried, i laughed, and i cheered. a lot.

and, yes, the cast is EXTREMELY nice. i stage door a lot, and this cast was just so...friendly! ESPECIALLY jenn! she is such a sweetheart, and she made sure to talk to EVERYONE!

it may not be a tony award winning masterpiece, but i

re: Jenn Gambatese out remainder of this week  Jul 21 2006, 03:27:53 PM
she's back! she was there last night. :)

hope that helped!

re: Tarzan  Jul 21 2006, 02:48:06 PM
hey, i think i remember you and your niece! i was at the stage door last night getting autographs, too, and i remember a little girl getting signitures on a pink "you'll be in my heart" hat standing next to me.

small world, huh? :)

re: Happy Birthday John Lloyd Young  Jul 4 2006, 01:05:04 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
re: Question about some scenes in DRS  Jul 1 2006, 08:54:21 PM
i think that no matter what, every night norbert and jonathan, and even lithgow when he was in the show, find something extremely funny. it's nice, because it shows that after spending so much time playing the same part, these actors are still able to find it funny and fresh.

:)

re: Drowsy Front Mezz?  Jun 30 2006, 02:49:39 PM
I LOVE YOU GUYS! seriously. ya'll are so nice!! thank you so much!!

Drowsy Front Mezz?  Jun 30 2006, 12:41:10 AM
i'm going to be seeing Drowsy this summer, and I just wanted to know to know how the front mezz seats are. I bought a Row A, center front mezz seat, but i heard that the marquis theatre has elevated seats. so, would the stage seem far away from that area?

Drowsy Cast Vacations?  Jun 23 2006, 10:37:29 PM
Does anybody know when any of the Drowsy cast will be having their vacations? I bought tickets for July, and I don't want to miss any of the wonderful cast. I went to see DRS last year, and Norbert was on his vacation, so I want to avoid another situation like that. So if anybody could help, that'd be great!!!

Thanks!!

re: Light in the Piazza on PBS Tonight 8 to 10:30PM!  Jun 19 2006, 10:02:01 PM
oman, i sing litp songs all the time. the music is so haunting! (in a GOOD way, :) )
re: Light in the Piazza on PBS Tonight 8 to 10:30PM!  Jun 16 2006, 06:44:46 AM
i sat front row when i saw LITP live, but, yes, when i watched "let's walk," i was on the edge of my seat. they DID play it just as intimately as you saw on TV. i was breathless. sarandon and clark play that scene on the dot that you can't help but forget where you are.
re: Light in the Piazza on PBS Tonight 8 to 10:30PM!  Jun 15 2006, 11:49:20 PM
the Chris Sarandon and Victoria Clark kiss was HOTT, was it not? correct me if i'm wrong, here, lol
re: Light in the Piazza on PBS Tonight 8 to 10:30PM!  Jun 15 2006, 11:02:03 PM
WOW.

could aaron PLEASE sing "Love to Me" to me?

i had seen the show before with the same exact cast on New Year's Eve, and even though i already knew what was going to happen after each scene, when "Love to Me" came on, i was just...transported to another place. It was the most beautiful love song performance I had ever seen on stage-Aaron was PERFECT.

I am so glad that PBS broadcasted the show tonight live. I had forgotten

re: Casting Announced for Les Mis  Jun 12 2006, 08:34:31 PM
YAY AARON!!!!!!!!!
re: Harry Connick Jr.  Mar 7 2006, 11:28:08 PM
for those of you who are going to see him in PJ game, or who have seen him are so lucky-i cant believe the show's sold out!!

anybody know if there are chances that its limited run will be extended? cuz i'd like to see him for once, haha

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You