Tarzan

gencamera Profile Photo
gencamera
#0Tarzan
Posted: 7/21/06 at 8:15am

Have to say what a great time I had at the show last night. I took my neice (11 years old) and to hear her reactions after the show made it a great night out.
We went to the stage door and watching her get her baseball cap signed and even wanting to have her photo taken with the cast was so cute.
Thank you to the cast who took the time to sign and pose with her.
She wants to know when we are going back so she can get more signatures on her hat!
I think I have created my families next generation of " a theatre junkie"!!

Genevieve
IF
"A picture is worth a thousand words...let my camera do the talking for me!"

Genevieve IF "A photo is worth a thousand word."...then let my camera do the talking for me!

LuPonatic Profile Photo
LuPonatic
#1re: Tarzan
Posted: 7/21/06 at 8:20am

I think this is the very reason Disney is on broadway, and I think it is wonderful that you enjoyed the show!

gencamera Profile Photo
gencamera
#2re: Tarzan
Posted: 7/21/06 at 8:34am

Disney has the right idea...get the families in.
This was the third show she has seen but the first time we did the "stage door" thing.
On the way home, she wanted to know if we could do that all the time!
Now if she only would get into taking photos my mission will be complete, a theatre nut and a camera junkie. She might not take photos (yet)but at least she gets in the photos. Me, I take them and would rather not be in them.

Genevieve IF "A photo is worth a thousand word."...then let my camera do the talking for me!

#3re: Tarzan
Posted: 7/21/06 at 10:17am

aww, thats so great! and the thing is its a show that the ENTIRE family can enjoy! i mean my high school theatre group went to see it this year and we all loved it! it really is a great show and something fun for kids to enjoy! its great that little kids can get interested in theatre so early.

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#4re: Tarzan
Posted: 7/21/06 at 11:29am

That is a great story and it perfectly illustrates how wonderfully infectious (in a good way) live theatre is. I think we all can remember when we got "bit." Bravo to you for exposing her to this wonderful experience. We need folks to take over our love of theatre. Your story warmed my heart. :)

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

AshleyBrownFan123 Profile Photo
AshleyBrownFan123
#5re: Tarzan
Posted: 7/21/06 at 11:32am

Do they sell magnets?

Let us milk the cow that is theatre-Monica Trausch

gencamera Profile Photo
gencamera
#6re: Tarzan
Posted: 7/21/06 at 12:00pm

Yes they do sell magnets...which of course she got along with a hat and a shirt!
She was scoping out the bags and programs...guess that is the next time visit purchase!

zepka102 Profile Photo
zepka102
#7re: Tarzan
Posted: 7/21/06 at 12:06pm

i love the magnets... i bought one re: Tarzan

and yay for a few more Tarzan fans re: Tarzan!!

::bust a move::

gencamera Profile Photo
gencamera
#8re: Tarzan
Posted: 7/21/06 at 12:11pm

Magnets were "different"...looked more like a lucite block

Yankeefan007
#9re: Tarzan
Posted: 7/21/06 at 12:34pm

All of the cast members are great. I ran into Jenn Gambatese at a sushi place the other evening and she couldn't have been nicer.

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#10re: Tarzan
Posted: 7/21/06 at 1:27pm

The cast is wonderful and deserve all of our support. Enough with all the negativity heaped towards Tarzan on this board. It seems like the hatred towards Tarzan has cooled on here. The haters on this board seem distracted by Hot Feet and Haylie Duff in Hairspray. Thank goodness.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

movieinmymind Profile Photo
movieinmymind
#11re: Tarzan
Posted: 7/21/06 at 2:48pm

hey, i think i remember you and your niece! i was at the stage door last night getting autographs, too, and i remember a little girl getting signitures on a pink "you'll be in my heart" hat standing next to me.

small world, huh? :)

My name is Jamie. NYU class of 2011!!!

gencamera Profile Photo
gencamera
#12re: Tarzan
Posted: 7/21/06 at 2:58pm

That was me....she is a little bit of a thing...God knows she does not take after me in that respect....and people were helping push her forward to get her hat signed.
Pink hat, with green TARZAN written on it...she liked the lettering!

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#13re: Tarzan
Posted: 7/21/06 at 2:59pm

What a nice story. This is why I like having family-friendly shows on Broadway. I too had a great time at the show.

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#14re: Tarzan
Posted: 7/21/06 at 3:00pm

That's a great story! This cast is definitely one of the sweetest on Broadway, and it's such a great show. I took my 5 year old brother to see the show last month. It was his first Broadway show,a nd he absolutely loved it. The cast couldn't have been nicer to him afterwards.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

gencamera Profile Photo
gencamera
#15re: Tarzan
Posted: 7/21/06 at 3:19pm

I am sure that the cast being so nice is what draws people to recommend the show to others.

I have been telling my friends today that they need to go see the show...kids or no kids!

movieinmymind Profile Photo
movieinmymind
#16re: Tarzan
Posted: 7/21/06 at 3:38pm

hey, i'm 17 years old, and i LOVED IT. i grew up with disney, and last night was just..magical! i dont know what it was about that show that left me feeling really, really happy, but it let out the kid in me. i cried, i laughed, and i cheered. a lot.

and, yes, the cast is EXTREMELY nice. i stage door a lot, and this cast was just so...friendly! ESPECIALLY jenn! she is such a sweetheart, and she made sure to talk to EVERYONE!

it may not be a tony award winning masterpiece, but it is definately a show to see! it was my first disney on broadway experience, and after last night, i will definately be seeing more disney on broadway productions!

My name is Jamie. NYU class of 2011!!!

kidmanboy Profile Photo
kidmanboy
#17re: Tarzan
Posted: 7/21/06 at 3:47pm

Just because it's family friendly doesn't mean it can't also be good theater.....perhaps since Disney is many people's first exposure to Broadway they can take a little responsibility and actually present a quality product!
Sorry, I had to.....Tarzan is just awful!

focusingonmoviesmatt Profile Photo
focusingonmoviesmatt
#18re: Tarzan
Posted: 7/21/06 at 3:55pm

i was there last night too, the show has alittle better then the first time i saw it in previews.

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#19re: Tarzan
Posted: 7/21/06 at 3:56pm

"i dont know what it was about that show that left me feeling really, really happy, but it let out the kid in me. i cried, i laughed, and i cheered. a lot."

Same here, I was so happy during the show.

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

curly120
#20re: Tarzan
Posted: 7/21/06 at 3:59pm

Yay! Finally a thread that's not bashing the show!! I absolutely loved the show and have seen it several times. It's just a fun time, and as everyone has said, the cast is extremely sweet and extremely talented. I'm not sure the show will be the same for me once the original cast moves on.

suddenlyseymour Profile Photo
suddenlyseymour
#21re: Tarzan
Posted: 7/21/06 at 4:36pm

I love this show yay for Tarzan =) and Jenn is an absolute sweetheart

zepka102 Profile Photo
zepka102
#22re: Tarzan
Posted: 7/21/06 at 4:41pm

the cast is SUPER sweet and they all work so hard... they deserve the positive attention re: Tarzan

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#23re: Tarzan
Posted: 7/21/06 at 4:46pm

Psst...every cast works hard...

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

zepka102 Profile Photo
zepka102
#24re: Tarzan
Posted: 7/21/06 at 4:51pm

yea, well... i don't care. i just think they should get more positive attention for the work they put into it rather than how the show is always put down.