News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Lola Getz2

Lola Getz2 Profile Photo
Member Name: Lola Getz2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

BOOP! The Betty Boop Musical - Pre-Broadway Chi  Dec 7 2023, 07:22:57 PM

Easier to fix a flawed book when the rest of the show is nearly perfect, than to have to scrap  almost  everything  just to have Jerry come in and do it right (looking at you, Devil Wears Prada). By the way, in my opinion the score for Boop! is far superior to DWP. And I have a feeling Elton won’t be to invested in fixing that. 

BOOP! The Betty Boop Musical - Pre-Broadway Chi  Dec 7 2023, 02:01:53 PM

Broadway Flash said: " I don't see this being a favorite of the Tony's anyway."

I am fairly certain it would have locks for Rogers, Mitchell, and Foster/Birkenhead. Probably costumes, as well. 

BOOP! The Betty Boop Musical - Pre-Broadway Chi  Dec 3 2023, 07:41:08 PM

Loved seeing Faith, but yes, the storyline and songs would not be missed. 

BOOP! The Betty Boop Musical - Pre-Broadway Chi  Dec 3 2023, 11:50:22 AM

Call_me_jorge said: "Lola Getz2 said: "Have they changed Faith’s costume and wig yet?"

No, and I have to believe the wig/costume designers have it out against her. In fact, I believe Jerry Mitchell cast Prince because he hates her, it is such a thankless role. I love faith prince and so desperately want to see her back on broadway, but this is not it. Very akin to how wasted Jason Danieley was in pretty woman.
"

I seriously doubt th

BOOP! The Betty Boop Musical - Pre-Broadway Chi  Dec 2 2023, 03:47:59 PM

Have they changed Faith’s costume and wig yet? 

BOOP! The Betty Boop Musical - Pre-Broadway Chi  Dec 1 2023, 11:47:40 AM

I don't believe the decision to make the changes was just decided since the first preview. I understand they were planned from the beginning and they have been working on them for some time, but did not have time to implement them prior to the first preview. 

I saw the show again and feel it is in great shape, but could use some tweaks. I hope to return when the changes have gone in. It really is a fun show and believe it will be a hit.

I also heard they are waiting for

BOOP! The Betty Boop Musical - Pre-Broadway Chi  Nov 25 2023, 01:04:36 AM

I was skeptical going in, but HOLY TOLEDO! This is one star making turn.

Remember when you first saw Sutton in TMM? Well, Jasmine Amy Rogers is a phenomenon.

The entire cast is so solid, both featured and ensemble. I wish the program was more specific with some of the cast. The Director and his assistant are both very fun and featured, both with lovely voices yet listed as ensemble. They both deserve credit, especially since they sing one of the more beautiful songs in the show.

NY City Center Encores 2024 season: ONCE UPON A MATTRESS with Sutton Foster (adapted by Amy Sherman-Palladino), JELLY'S LAST JAM, and TITANIC  Oct 26 2023, 06:35:27 PM

Has Ann Harada been mentioned for Aggravain? She would kill it and be a fantastic foil to Sutton, just physically it would be a hoot. I know she is doing Bartleby in San Diego, so don’t know about the timing…

The Who's Tommy @ The Goodman  Jun 23 2023, 03:33:51 PM

Well, I was a bit harsh suggesting this show should never be produced again, so I take that back. You are all correct that I have no right to suggest such a thing and I apologize. Censorship is not the answer. 

I admit I was very riled up when I wrote my initial post, obviously, so forgive me. I do get passionate about things and the child rape, physical abuse, child exploitation, etc, are some of those things. 

I still stand by my take on the show and the production,

The Who's Tommy @ The Goodman  Jun 22 2023, 12:24:46 AM

Holy Mother of God, this show should never be produced again. 

I have “known” Tommy for most of my life, from album, film, and original production and OBCR and have enjoyed it for what it is. But the years are not kind to this piece. 

Child sexual abuse, physical abuse, mental abuse, sexual exploitation, exposing a TEN YEAR OLD CHILD to prostitution  and “acid”, excessive invasive medical exams on a CHILD WHO OBV

ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME Broadway Previews Thread  May 17 2023, 05:34:34 PM

pablitonizer said: "Lola Getz2 said: "https://www.ticketmaster.com/once-upon-a-one-more-time-ny/event/03005D77B9AC5C11?refArtist=K8vZ917Qywf

https://www.ticketmaster.com/once-upon-a-one-more-time-ny/event/03005D77B9AD5C13?refArtist=K8vZ917Qywf
"

Correct, that's Monday 5/22 performance. Like I mentioned, most tickets get sold the day of the performance. It's not Sweeney Todd/Wicked/The Lion King which are universally known and sell in advance LOL
"

Oh, sorry, was looking at the wrong dates.  Oops! (IDIA)

ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME Broadway Previews Thread  May 17 2023, 05:16:29 PM

https://www.ticketmaster.com/once-upon-a-one-more-time-ny/event/03005D77B9AC5C11?refArtist=K8vZ917Qywf

https://www.ticketmaster.com/once-upon-a-one-more-time-ny/event/03005D77B9AD5C13?refArtist=K8vZ917Qywf

ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME Broadway Previews Thread  May 17 2023, 04:44:54 PM

Wow, those Ticketmaster screenshots look VERY different than the ones I am seeing. Wonder why. Papering, maybe? 

ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME Broadway Previews Thread  May 17 2023, 04:14:27 PM

Where are the throngs of BS fans? It doesn't appear to be selling that well on Telecharge.

2023 Drama Desk Nominees  Apr 27 2023, 01:55:15 PM

EDSOSLO858 said: "ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "SOME LIKE IT HOT got nominated for Best Lyrics and Best Orchestrations but NOT Best Music?? Make it make sense!"

I actually thought the lyrics were stronger than the music here. Wittman was on top of his game.
"

I agree. The music is really a poor pastiche, enjoyable, but not anything too original. We have heard these songs before. 

Really surprised no Groban or Platt. 

NEW YORK, NEW YORK On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread  Apr 17 2023, 11:44:04 PM

Sally Durant Plummer said: "People are going out of their way to be rude because someone dislikes this show, but that's to be expected from a bunch of theatre queens."

Theatre queens? Seriously still using this term? 

AEA May Strike National Tours April 13  Apr 7 2023, 03:49:50 PM

How would the ticket holders for cancelled shows be handled? Does anyone know? Refunds? I am sure it might be different for each location, but was curious as to how the venues would deal with a blow like this. 

AEA May Strike National Tours April 13  Apr 4 2023, 09:28:45 AM

Is there any chance this will spread to non-touring companies such as other Equity houses or even Broadway? Equity has always been very loyal and supportive of all its members. 

ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME Pre-Broadway Tryout - Previews & Reviews  Apr 3 2023, 11:59:28 AM

pablitonizer said: 
 I also heard some songs have been replaced so I could totally see Britney's latest hit 'Hold Me Closer' being added to the show. Could it be Esmeralda involved in 'Hold me closer tiny dancer' lyrics? We'll see"

Not likely, as it is an Elton John song and that would probably cost a fortune. 

Groban & Ashford in SWEENEY TODD On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread  Mar 26 2023, 02:31:52 PM

EDSOSLO858 said: “Priest” is hilarious… I felt like Groban and Ashford were trying to make each other break character. 

And that’s a GOOD thing? 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You