News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

BOOP! heading to Broadway in April 2025

BOOP! heading to Broadway in April 2025

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#1BOOP! heading to Broadway in April 2025
Posted: 6/27/24 at 9:53am

BOOP! The Betty Boop Musical’ to open on Broadway in April 2025; full creative and design team announced" by Broadway News' Andy Lefkowitz - "“BOOP! The Betty Boop Musical” will open on Broadway in April 2025 at a Shubert Organization-owned venue. ... Also newly confirmed is the musical’s complete design and creative team. That includes set designer David Rockwell, costume designer Gregg Barnes, lighting designer Philip S. Rosenberg, sound designer Gareth Owen, projection designer Finn Ross, hair/wig designer Sabana Majeed, makeup designer Michael Clifton, illusions designer Skylar Fox, marionette designers TheHuber Marionettes, music supervisor and arranger Daryl Waters, orchestrator DougBesterman, dance arranger Zane Mark and music director Andrew Resnick. ... “BOOP! The Betty Boop Musical” is being produced by OstarProductions." https://bway.ly/rfjrrl

Updated On: 6/27/24 at 09:53 AM

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#3BOOP! heading to Broadway in April 2025
Posted: 10/17/24 at 1:37pm

So I guess this basically confirms Faith Prince will transfer with it, too, since she's a judge. I didn't see it in Chicago but a lot of people felt she was wasted and/or the part was unnecessary. But a gig's a gig.

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#4BOOP! heading to Broadway in April 2025
Posted: 10/17/24 at 1:58pm

Faith is coming over - they're trying to get the entire Chicago principal cast to reprise their roles on Broadway, but I haven't heard any confirmation from Anastacia and/or Stephen yet. SUFFS closes before rehearsals start and the latter is also attached to THE QUEEN OF VERSAILLES.

Gabi Campo told me that she isn't making the transfer assuming CABARET stays open for the time being. Sydney Jones just started with SUNSET so I don't think she's doing this show either. Not sure yet about Ryah and Derek (currently doing GREAT GATSBY), but Brooke Taylor and Gabriella Sorrentino are currently passing the time in long-runners and can easily be replaced, so I imagine they're coming over.

Oh look, a bibu!
Updated On: 10/17/24 at 01:58 PM

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#5BOOP! heading to Broadway in April 2025
Posted: 10/17/24 at 2:04pm

Have they rewritten much since Chicago?

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#6BOOP! heading to Broadway in April 2025
Posted: 10/17/24 at 2:14pm

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "Have they rewritten much since Chicago?"

That, I don't know, but this is a top-notch creative team and they should know if/how the material can be improved.

Oh look, a bibu!

ChiDoc Profile Photo
ChiDoc
#7BOOP! heading to Broadway in April 2025
Posted: 10/17/24 at 2:25pm

I don't actually know if they have completed rewrites, but I know there were changes they had actively worked on in Chicago that never got implemented in the show's run then.  I expect they continued working on it during this break, and I hope to see it again in a new and improved form!

Lola Getz2 Profile Photo
Lola Getz2
#8BOOP! heading to Broadway in April 2025
Posted: 10/17/24 at 3:36pm

Jasmine Amy Rogers is THE star; everyone else is perfectly fine, but really, Faith's role could be done by any number of actors in that age range. I just hope they do something with her look; sexy her up some! I know they put in an entire new finale during the Chicago run, so work IS being done. 

It is  simply a fantastically fun show with great directing, choreography, design (with the exception of Faith's character) and score and should be a big hit. It is a very crowded season, but I hope this finds its audience and quite a few Tony nominations. 

Latest Posts

Videos