News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for DJD4

Member Name: DJD4
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Dream Two Show Day  Apr 17 2024, 10:09:58 PM

I love two show days!! Back in 2009 I had two of the best two show days in the same week.

On Wednesday afternoon we saw the 2009 revival of HAIR, and then that evening we saw Billy Elliott. 

Then on Saturday we saw the matinee of West Side Story, and then that evening we saw Next To Normal.

Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024  Mar 5 2024, 04:53:24 PM

PipingHotPiccolo said: "i have no idea if Michelle Williams can act in or out of a paper bag, but it seems silly to base that opinion on how she handled a beast of a role like Aida 25 years ago. A smaller, lighter part might be perfect for her, and we know she can sing it. And she's somewhat of a Name. Seems like a coup for this production."

Never saw her in Aida, but I did see her in The Color Purple on tour and she was a perfectly good Shug Avery. 

Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?  Feb 27 2024, 10:18:02 PM

PipingHotPiccolo said: "BAREly_Wicked said: "7thbighero said: "I’m trying to figure out who the new Audrey and Orin are"

Someone on Reddit stated Storm Lever and the silhouette looks very close.
"

Storm Lever has a really cool voice but she just started in SIX two months ago, and would not sell any tickets.
"

I mean, crazier things have happened. I would LOVE to see her play Audrey.

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread  Feb 20 2024, 07:26:25 PM

This is such a weird thing to complain about. Cynthia sounds great in that clip, and judging her entire vocal performance on a 4 second riff is ridiculous. I can't wait for more footage to come out so people can find something else to hyper focus on. 

I tried...  Feb 20 2024, 04:24:48 PM

BrodyFosse123 said: "MagicalMusical said: "DJD4 said: "I also loved her performance! I feel like nobody was talking about how good her acting is in this. I watched this with my partner (who doesn't love musicals), and he was like "why the hell is everyone freaking out about Margot Robbie when Fantasia gave a performance like THAT". In a less competitive year she might've won."

I completely agree! Margot was good but Fantasia wa

I tried...  Feb 13 2024, 09:27:44 PM

MagicalMusical said: "Fantasia's performance as Celie was so beautiful to me, and really touched me. I loved how she acted. It was so moving. I wish she had been nominated for the Oscar."

I also loved her performance! I feel like nobody was talking about how good her acting is in this. I watched this with my partner (who doesn't love musicals), and he was like "why the hell is everyone freaking out about Margot Robbie when Fantasia gave a performance lik

MEAN GIRLS Movie Musical - News & Discussion Thread  Jan 12 2024, 03:09:37 PM

I haven't watched the film yet so I can't give an honest opinion yet, but wow that soundtrack is bleak!

What did they do to "stupid with love"? Its almost like they said "we're sorry this is a musical, but we made the songs sound nothing like a broadway show so maybe you'll like it more!". I guess now we know what Billie Eilish or Lana Del Rey would sound like as Cady.

LEMPICKA announcement teased for next week  Jan 5 2024, 08:56:05 PM

Wow, I haven't listened to too much from this show, but that song is Gorgeous! Beautiful video too, Eden sounds amazing. I just got real excited for this one.

Trio songs 2 Female 1 Male  Dec 29 2023, 02:31:20 PM

A step too far - Aida

Nicole Scherzinger to star in West End Sunset Boulevard at the Savoy  Sep 1 2023, 02:33:53 PM

theatregoer3 said: "I saw the original production and then the concert version with Glenn. I thought the original production was spectacular. Truly incredible. The concert was a big letdown but the biggest issue I had with it was that the score was constructed around the original set. These big musical swells and long pauses in the signing are meant to accommodate grand set changes and big scenic reveals. When you have a minimalist version using the original score it's full of de

DEATH BECOMES HER Teaser  Aug 31 2023, 02:51:54 PM

I LOVE this! Props to the PR team

I saw her Sunday -- it was a surprisingly muted performance all around...  Aug 30 2023, 03:48:32 PM

bwayphreak234 said: "DJD4 said: "TaffyDavenport said: "Beanie is a (wealthy) adult woman who took a role that she shouldn't have, and suffered the consequences. She'll be fine.

I feel worse for people who spent hundreds of dollars to see that amateurish performance. I paid $129, and I felt gypped.
"

I don't necessarily agree that an optimistic, young, and very talented actress should have to "suffer the consequences&qu

I saw her Sunday -- it was a surprisingly muted performance all around...  Aug 30 2023, 03:26:10 PM

TaffyDavenport said: "Beanie is a (wealthy) adult woman who took a role that she shouldn't have, and suffered the consequences. She'll be fine.

I feel worse for people who spent hundreds of dollars to see that amateurish performance. I paid $129, and I felt gypped.
"

I don't necessarily agree that an optimistic, young, and very talented actress should have to "suffer the consequences" of people not liking her in a role. The poor gi

Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl  Aug 25 2023, 05:15:27 PM

n2nbaby said: "I can’t wait for this to close and I hope we never get another revival ever again. The amount of gross that is all over this thread, the Beanie threads and just all of the drama. Absolutely ridiculous. All of that for a poorly written show to boot! See ya later, Funny Girl!"

Thank you!! I said something similar a few pages back and got roasted.

What's next for the Marquis Theatre?  Aug 23 2023, 03:19:47 PM

RunnyBabbit said: "What’s with all of these super old threads being dug up recently? This is at least the 3rd one I’ve seen in the last few days."

Cause a lot of people get mad when people start a new thread about a conversation that's already happened. 

Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl  Aug 23 2023, 03:17:46 PM

alovingfan said: "I don't know how these things work.. so forgive my ignorance. But it is interesting to me that just as the show is about to close there are so many actors in it taking scheduled vacations. Is it on purpose to give swings and understudies a chance to go on one more time? That is very sweet if it is. Weird that Tovah would be off now when the show is about to close.. and by the last I saw of her social media.. she is just in the city taking in other shows.&qu

Has "actor stays onstage in character during intermission" become more of a thing recently, or is this just a coincidence?  Aug 11 2023, 05:49:34 PM

Yessica Haircut said: "I can't comment as to how often this has happened or if this is some kind of new trend in the theatre. But, as with any aspect of a production, it's all about what the director is trying to say, how that adds to their vision, and how it compliments the overall experience.

WithThe Doctor, I feel Robert Icke was trying to convey how isolated and stagnant the doctor's life had become after her big decision at the end of the first ac

COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread  Aug 8 2023, 02:59:47 PM

Boq101 said: "Annelise Van Der Pol I think would be hilarious in any of the wives, and she's already someone who has been touring."

She'd be great as Sarah! If the role wasn't already cast I'd say she'd be perfect as Bobbie too.

Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl  Aug 8 2023, 02:54:03 PM

Well Dang! Color me surprised!

Setting aside my personal feeling about this show and Ms Michele, this is Fantastic news!! Big shows like this recoup less and less often these days, so any show that fully recoups in this day and age deserves to be celebrated.

Congrats FG!

Creative ways to utilize Circle in the Square?  Aug 5 2023, 07:36:54 PM

perfectpenguin said: "I guess arguably any show could work in the round if you can figure out the logistics."

Thank you! I LOVE theatre in the round and I wish there were more "non-proscenium" theatres on broadway. Sacramento Music Circus solely produces productions in the round, and I have seen some incredible work done there. 

I guess one criticism is that any subsequent touring productions need to be completely re-designed. the recent OOTI an

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You