News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for kaibranch

kaibranch Profile Photo
Member Name: kaibranch
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Rush in SF
 Jun 15 2007, 08:39:23 PM
What was rush been like on the weekends in SF? I haven't seen it in a while...
Signed playbills
 May 10 2007, 07:34:15 PM
poor Jarrod! didnt that happen to Chris once not long after the Sherry cast started their run? Yup, I was there for that. It was in February. It was my first (and only) time seeing it from non-rush seats. I was in the 9th row orchestra and a lot of people noticed. And Frankie hardly ever leaves the stage during the second act! I remember during curtain call, just before the boys run off stage, he pretended to check his fly. Very funny.

I'm glad everyone likes the new cast! I'm

4/27 Matinee Review (Possibly a few minor spoliers)
 Apr 29 2007, 12:42:35 AM
Oh and I have to say it was great meeting a bunch of other regulars in the rush line today

It was great meeting you, too! I had a lot of fun seeing the show with the Sherry cast one last time. Oh, how I will miss this cast. They were awesome today. They've really grown into their roles. I missed seeing Erich, too. When I looked in and saw nobody else listed to play his part on the "At the Performance" board, I was sure we'd get to see him. I hope he gets better!

The a

Bounce lyrics?
 Feb 12 2007, 07:42:19 PM
Anybody have the lyrics for Bounce? Specifically, for "Boca Raton"?

Thank you!

re: Grease Academy Clips Online
 Jan 19 2007, 02:41:08 AM
They still don't have any clips up of Jason Celaya...

They better start showing him on the show. He's my only reason for watching.

re: 9 Shows in 5 Days
 Jan 19 2007, 02:38:34 AM
I'm so jealous! Too much fun in only 5 days! :)

Thanks for the reviews!

re: Jersey Boys weekend rush in sf
 Jan 19 2007, 02:35:13 AM
7:35? Rush tickets are sold 2 hours prior to the show... what were they waiting for? And have the scalpers already hit JB in SF?

I haven't rushed since late December, but when I did [on a Thursday], the first people in line got there 4 hours before the show [2 hours before the tickets would go on sale].

re: does sutton foster pose for photos?
 Jan 16 2007, 09:56:03 PM
Do actors mind when you try to catch them before a show? I would imagine it to be kind of awkward. Standing there as they are trying to walk in...
re: Who was JLY in Spring Awakening?
 Jan 8 2007, 12:50:04 AM
I didn't know that... that's pretty cool.
re: 'Jersey Boys' San Francisco
 Jan 2 2007, 08:05:40 PM
Does anybody know when Jarrod goes on for Frankie? I would love to see him in the role.
re: Jersey Boys on Channel 7 right now!! New Years Eve Performances
 Jan 2 2007, 08:02:18 PM
I loved their performance for New Years! I thought they were great. "Beggin'" is one of my favorite songs. And for the record, I love the faces JLY makes when he's singing.

It bothered me, too, when Ryan Seacrest only said "Tony winner" for JLY. Then again, I really don't think he watches the Tonys, so I guess he was just given the wrong information.

re: John Lloyd Young Featured In NJ Monthly
 Dec 29 2006, 02:57:17 PM
Yeah, REALLY good photo :)
 Dec 29 2006, 02:45:02 PM
Emily, great photo with Erich! He's always nice at the stagedoor.

Bway4life, I think the best time to get souvenirs is at intermission. The lobby is always really crowded before the show.

The stage door is on the left when you're walking out. It's just on the side of the theatre. There's no actual door, but that's where you meet the cast. The guys usually come out pretty quickly. You have to wait a while longer for Christopher Kale Jones [Frankie Valli] since he has some vocal

re: Preview of 'Grease: You're The One That I Want' Coming Up On NBC
 Dec 22 2006, 03:35:47 AM
Bumping this to ask a question...

I saw a commercial on TV earlier and I'm pretty sure I saw Jason Celaya [played Matthew in Altar Boyz] auditioning. Does anybody know if it's him? I only saw him for a second in the commercial, so I'm not sure. If it is, I'm really, really excited for this show. He's one of my favorite Altar Boyz.

re: 'Jersey Boys' Tour---SF Reviews
 Dec 11 2006, 10:26:02 PM
Sorry, that wasn't very clear. The original four seasons joined the cast on stage after bows.
 Dec 11 2006, 10:23:13 PM
True. I guess it also has to do with preference. I like sitting up close and seeing the actors' expressions. It doesn't bother me too much that I can't see some parts or that the lights are pretty bright during "Dawn." You're right though, if someone has the money and it's their first time seeing the show, they should avoid the first front rows.
 Dec 11 2006, 07:09:34 PM
I've seen the show twice from the rush seats and I think they're still worth it. There are really bright lights at the back of the stage which are only on during the end of "Dawn", when the Boys perform to the back of the stage. You can't see the actors when they're standing towards the back, but it's really cool when they're standing right at the edge of the stage [which is during many songs]. If your only chance at seeing the show is through rush, definitely go for it.

I saw the show

re: 'Jersey Boys' Tour---SF Reviews
 Dec 11 2006, 06:54:53 PM
I was there opening night and loved the show [once again!]. I walked in and saw Frankie Valli in the audience. People were talking with him, but I was too shy to go up to him. It was fun seeing the cast up there with the originals at the end. I had so much fun! Those guys are all amazing.

Another review: http://www.insidebayarea.com/entertainment/ci_4820006

I think they'll all be posted at the JB Blog.

Dec 8 2006, 09:48:46 PM
Hey, broadwaybelter, we saw the same show! I heard him say that, too. That would be great...

The staircase is definitely annoying if you are sitting with it right in front of you. I've seen JB in both SF and NYC, and I think the staircase is worse in NYC. I sat behind it in NYC, but couldn't complain too much... tickets to a great show for only $26.50.

HumATune, I think it's more fun to see the show with zero knowledge of the backstory of the Four Seasons. Everyone knows the

Dec 3 2006, 11:59:02 PM
Jimnysf, thank you so much for your help! I was actually able to see the matinee today because of you! I'm so happy I was able to go and get tickets. I had planned to get there a little bit earlier than 11, but ended up getting there late, at around 11:15. I was the first one there, but people started coming after that. I was so worried that I wouldn't get tickets!

I loved the show. I have seen the Bway cast twice and didn't know how the touring cast would be. They were so great. So muc

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You