News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for steve.sometime

Member Name: steve.sometime
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Dave Malloy's THREE HOUSES at Signature
 May 21 2024, 12:10:33 AM

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/05/20/theater/three-houses-review-dave-malloy.html

Help! Has anyone postdated at SUFFS??? Thanks Megabus..
 May 15 2024, 10:39:13 PM

I take Megabus very frequently. My experience is that the traffic gets especially bad when your scheduled arrival time is around 5pm-7pm. I always try to book ones that arrive no later than 3:30pm if I'm catching an evening show. Those have been fairly reliable.

Darren Criss and Helen J Shen Will Lead MAYBE HAPPY ENDING on Broadway
 May 14 2024, 01:53:56 PM

This feels very much like First Date.

City Centers 24-25: Ragtime, Urinetown, LaChiusa's Wild Party, Love Life
 May 14 2024, 12:16:17 PM

I'm freaking out!!! I'll finally get to see LaChiusa Wild Party live!!!

Sleep No More - what kind of shape is it in?
 May 14 2024, 08:44:30 AM

I just saw 2 shows on Sunday to say goodbye. My favorite Macbeth/Porter Paul Zivkovich is back! He was amazing as both characters. The show itself is in great shape; the bad is usually the audience. Both shows, I saw people following actors with 3 feet away like a shadow, even when they are clearly staying in the room for a while performing a scene. To be honest, if you're a first-timer, it's going to be challenging to follow main characters with this crowd. But this is

Dave Malloy's THREE HOUSES at Signature
 May 8 2024, 01:35:15 PM

I saw it last Saturday. This honestly feels like an extension of Octet, which I loved. Octet had 8 characters telling their stories. Three Houses introduced 3 more, only that each story is now half an hour long. Maybe it's me not being emotionally ready to relive the trauma of the pandemic; maybe the stories did meander a bit too much and lacked a punch, I was left unsatisfied. Obviously the show is still in preview and a lot could improve, but at the moment, it feels

2024 Pulitzer Prize Predictions
 May 6 2024, 05:41:11 PM

ardiem said: "spicemonkey said: "steve.sometime said: "Given the recent trend of getting all Pulitzer winners to Broadway, do you think this will transfer? For those who have seen it, will it work on a larger stage?"

I hope it does transfer.
Also would love to see a Bway production of Fairview
"

I would love to see Fairview brought back to a local stage, but I have trouble imagining how it could work or

2024 Pulitzer Prize Predictions
 May 6 2024, 04:08:24 PM

Given the recent trend of getting all Pulitzer winners to Broadway, do you think this will transfer? For those who have seen it, will it work on a larger stage?

Adam Guettel & Bob Martin's MILLIONS will premiere at Alliance Theatre in Spring 2025, directed by Bartlett Sher
 Apr 26 2024, 12:44:20 PM

halfhourcheckwithmerman said: "steve.sometime said: "OMG!!!!!!!! I've listened to that bootleg concert recording of Saint Who for so many times. FINALLY!!!!"

Could you maybe point me in the direction of this bootleg concert recording?

Many thanks :) no worries if not
"

There's more than one. In 2013 he did a concert at 54 Below, with guests Steven Pasquale and Whitney Bashor. He sang 4 songs from Millions: Find Me,

Adam Guettel & Bob Martin's MILLIONS will premiere at Alliance Theatre in Spring 2025, directed by Bartlett Sher
 Apr 25 2024, 11:10:33 AM

OMG!!!!!!!! I've listened to that bootleg concert recording of Saint Who for so many times. FINALLY!!!!

2024 Outer Critics Circle Nominations & Awards
 Apr 23 2024, 04:09:57 PM

Merrily is not eligible. It competed last year, losing revival to Parade, but winning lead and featured performers for Jonathan Groff and Lindsay Mendez.

https://playbill.com/article/some-like-it-hot-dominates-2023-outer-critics-circle-awards-see-the-full-list-of-winners

2024-2025 Broadway Season
 Apr 12 2024, 01:19:53 PM

Yellow Face premiered in 2007 and has been done all over the country. It's going to be categorized as a revival, like Appropriate.

New LaChiusa musical American Eclipse in Waco TX
 Apr 6 2024, 06:59:25 PM

https://twitter.com/BaylorTheatre/status/1770467919656264081

This may not be on people's radar. But if you're in Texas for the solar eclipse, you may want to check out Michael John LaChisua's new musical American Eclipse in Waco TX this Sunday, starring Rachel Bay Jones, Marc Kudisch, Mary Testa, Sydney James Harcourt, Kenita Miller, Tally Sessions.

2024 Lucille Lortel Awards
 Apr 4 2024, 02:58:22 PM

Congrats to Wet Brain! I loved this weird little play. But Stereophonic is probably going to win best play. Having seen all 5 musical nominees, my vote goes to Dead Outlaw. I would be happy if Teeth wins too.

Welch’s GATSBY to premiere in 2024
 Jan 6 2024, 10:08:34 AM

Honestly it'd be fun to have both running on Broadway at the same time. It'd be this year's Barbenheimer. I bet many would try to see both on the same trip. Then word of mouth would decide which one is the greater Gatsby and the other would die out quickly. The ads would be fun too, each trying to clarify that this is not the other Gatsby. 

Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season?
 Jan 4 2024, 12:34:42 PM

singer234 said: "I had the same thought about her voice. I worry that this is a case of the “suttons” (aka an established musical theatre star who keeps taking on roles she’s not “right for” to push herself and because she wants to play them). Regardless, I doubt Audra would do it if she wasn’t sure she’d be brilliant, so I’m keeping an open mind!"

Audra sang Rose's Turn in one of her concerts not long ago. She soun

New Musical, DEAD OUTLAW, from Penna/Yazbek/Moses
 Jan 2 2024, 05:34:14 PM

I saw it at 54 Below as a concert 2 years ago. It was quirky and fun. Can't wait to see what a full production looks like and hear the new songs!

DAYS OF WINE AND ROSES musical limited Broadway engagement beginning in January
 Jan 1 2024, 02:22:24 PM

IIRC Kelli said in an interview that she brought the idea of adapting this movie into a musical to Adam Guettel. 

What To Expect From Broadway Week
 Dec 29 2023, 10:49:17 AM

Did The Lion King and Aladdin usually participate in Broadway Week? These are the only 2 Broadway theaters I haven't been in. I need to cross them off the list.

APPROPRIATE -- Rush Question
 Dec 24 2023, 08:40:38 PM

My rush seat two weeks ago was last row in the orchestra. Couldn't see facial expressions either.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You