News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for logan30

Member Name: logan30
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Sondheim's 'FOLLIES', the movie
 Aug 13 2005, 09:11:09 AM
Phyllis: Meryl Streep
Sally: Glenn Close
Ben: Kevin Kline
Buddy: Christopher Walken
Hattie: Beatrice Arthur
Carlotta: Liza Minnelli
Stella: Bernadette Peters
Solange: Catherine Denevue
Heidi: Joan Sutherland
The Whitmans: Steve Lawrence & Edie Gorme
Weissman: Gene Hackman (or Dustin Hoffman)
Roscoe: Morgan Freeman

re: Have any lead performers ever pulled out a play during previews
 Aug 1 2005, 09:34:14 PM
During previews of MARILYN: THE MUSICAL (1983), the actress playing Monroe was fired and replaced by Allyson Reed.

LEGS DIAMOND: Christine Andreas' part was written out of the script during previews and she was let go.

I OUGHTA BE IN PICTURES (1980): Tony Curtis walked out of the show at intermission during the Los Angeles tryout. He was eventually replaced by Ron Leibman.

re: Will Fiddler Close?
 Apr 23 2005, 03:29:20 PM
Every show closes eventually.
re: Lauper as Mrs. Lovett?
 Apr 23 2005, 03:28:19 PM
Inspired casting. I've seen her in concert four times — the last time opening for Cher in the neverending farewell tour. She is an amazing performer with a huge vocal range -- listen to her cds, doubters. Anyone can learn a cockney accent, hey, I can do a reasonable one and I'm not an actor. And she certainly has the eccentricities to play Mrs. Lovett. As for as the age thing, at almost 52, she is younger than Angela Lansbury, Elaine Paige, Patti LuPone and Christine Baranski when they played th
re: Sunset Boulevard: The Movie
 Jan 5 2005, 09:06:18 PM
If Close doesn't do it then Streep should. Hugh Jackman would be the perfect Joe.
re: Showstoppers - Witnessed Accounts of Show-Stopping Moments
 Jan 4 2005, 09:55:10 PM
Jennifer Holliday in DREAMGIRLS (And Am I Telling You...)
Tyne Daly & Bernadette Peters in GYPSY (Rose's Turn)
Hugh Jackman in THE BOY FROM OZ (I am not the boy next door)
Glenn Close & Betty Buckley in SUNSET BLVD (As if we never said goodybe)
Patti LuPone & cast EVITA (A New Argentina)
Bebe Neuwirth in CHICAGO (All That Jazz)
Stephen Spinella & Ellen MacLaughlin in ANGELS IN AMERICA (Greetings Prophet)
Len Cariou in SWEENEY TODD (Ephiphany)
Len Cariou & Angela L

re: ~ACTF and the Irene Ryan Competition!~
 Jan 4 2005, 09:38:04 PM
Do any of you young'uns even know who Irene Ryan was? She spent most of her career doing radio and regional theatre until this very elegant woman was cast as Granny Clampett on "The Beverly Hillbillies" and she became a household name. She made a fortune doing the show and after the run ended she appeared in PIPPIN and was nominated for a Tony. She died during the run of PIPPIN and left her money to a scholarship fund. Kudos, Irene!
re: Broadway Grosses Dec. 27th - Jan. 2nd
 Jan 4 2005, 09:31:18 PM
Historically the week between Christmas and New Years Day is the busiest week of the year on Broadway. School's out, lot's of tri-state business people are off that week, and the hotels all drop their rates (no conventions) so tourist come in for $99 per night rates at Times Square hotels to celebrate the New Year. Can't beat that.
re: Pulitzer Prize
 Jan 4 2005, 09:22:51 PM
front runners this year are probably:

GEM OF THE OCEAN
BUG
DOUBT
FAT PIG

re: the persecution and assassination of jean paul marat performed by the i
 Jan 3 2005, 02:19:10 PM
It's a good but complex play with a large cast and should not be tackled by amateurs. It needs a professional cast and a very talented director (e.g., Peter Hall the original director). Trevor Nunn and Jack O'Brien are the only names that come to mind right now.
re: how much does a b-way star get paid?
 Jan 2 2005, 11:12:58 PM
The big stars (those with recognized box office draw) almost always get a base salary plus a percentage of the gross after the weekly break even. It's a small group though -- Close, Peters, Lane, Broderick, Jackman, Redgrave, Denehey, Lithgow, Fierstein and maybe a few others.

Dame Edna, Whoopi, Lily Tomlin and Billy Crystal don't really count because they also produced their shows.

re: Road Grosses For Dec 20-26 (Spamalot at 779K and Caroline, or Change at
 Jan 2 2005, 11:00:19 PM
The Ahmanson Theatre in Los Angeles has a very large subscription audience (probably bigger than Lincoln Center Theatre). This. no doubt, helped with the grosses not to mention the fact that all of the LA papers gave the show enthusiastic reviews. CAROLINE, OR CHANGE was much better received in LA than it was in NYC. Hope it gets the same reaction when it moves to San Francisco this week.
re: nude scenes?
 Oct 2 2004, 04:39:18 PM
I can't remember the name of the play (mid-19080s) but it was written by Pete Gurney and starred Mary Tyler Moore and Lynn Redgrave. Both John Dossett and Barry Tubb has nude scenes.
re: Favorite Tony Walton
 Sep 4 2004, 03:34:09 PM
Tony Walton is a genius. I don't think I could pick a favorite scenic design of his but LEND ME A TENOR, GRAND HOTEL, GUYS AND DOLLS, HURLYBURLY, THE HOUSE OF BLUE LEAVES, ANYTHING GOES, CONVERSATIONS WITH MY FATHER, A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO THE FORUM, CHICAGO (1975), and FOUR BABOONS ADORING THE SUN would definitely make my top 10.
re: NEWSIES, anyone?
 Jun 19 2004, 04:20:05 PM
The movie has a beautiful song named "Santa Fe."
re: Saw CAROLINE, OR CHANGE last night
 Jun 19 2004, 04:15:33 PM
Having grown up in a small Southern town in the 1960s I really identified with this show. Not only were we one of the few Jewish families in town, we also had a black maid (not as angry as Caroline) and I spent much of my time with her. As a child she was my closest friend and only real confidant. I told her things I would have never told my parents. In the stacking order of things we were one of the more financially affluent families in the town and I was intrigued by the fact that in the blac
re: The Apple Tree?
 Jun 19 2004, 03:44:24 PM
Rent the movie "WHO IS HARRY KELLERMAN AND WHY IS HE SAYING THESE TERRIBLE THINGS ABOUT ME?" Dustin Hoffman stars in this strange comedy but Barbara Harris has a one-scene cameo and steals the entire film from Hoffman. She was nominated for an Oscar for her performance. And, if you thought Jamie Lee Curtis was good in the remake of FREAKY FRIDAY then Ms. Harris is brilliant in the original.
re: Michael Ball - Hip surgery?
 Jun 5 2004, 03:41:36 PM
Eddie Van Halen had hip replacement surgery at age 41 and was back on the road again in six months.
re: Some Tony Predictions
 May 24 2004, 02:40:04 PM
Play - I Am My Own Wife
Musical - Wicked
Revival of a Musical - Assassins
Revival of a Play - A Raisin in the Sun
Leading Actor in a Play Jefferson Mays - I am my Own Wife
Featured Actor in a Play Bryan F. O'Byrne - Frozen
Leading Actress in a Play Phylicia Rashad - A Raisin in the Sun
Featured Actress in a Play Audra McDonald - A Raisin in the Sun
Leading Actress in a Musical Tonya Pinkins - Caroline or Change
Featured Actress in a Musical Anika Noni Rose - Caroline,

re: Best Actress - Musical TONY
 May 20 2004, 08:49:45 PM
It's a two-way race between Tonya and Donna. Ms. Pinkins has the edge but Ms. Murphy is closing in fast. Like this year's presidential race the Best Actress Tony is just too close to call right now.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You