pixeltracker

how much does a b-way star get paid, and is it salary or by every show they do??

how much does a b-way star get paid, and is it salary or by every show they do??

renthead2005z Profile Photo
renthead2005z
#0how much does a b-way star get paid, and is it salary or by every show they do??
Posted: 1/2/05 at 6:06pm

i just wanted to know bcz i have been really interested in this. and how much does a chorus member get paid as opposed to a principle??

"Why do we play with fire?-Why do we run our fingers through the flame?"

jacobtsf Profile Photo
jacobtsf
#1re: how much does a b-way star get paid, and is it salary or by every show
Posted: 1/2/05 at 6:07pm

We discussed this a while back...you can use the search button to find the old thread.

I am not trying to be rude but I am trying to help in the endeavor to save bandwith.

David walked into the valley With a stone clutched in his hand He was only a boy But he knew someone must take a stand There will always be a valley Always mountains one must scale There will always be perilous waters Which someone must sail -Into the Fire Scarlet Pimpernel

BEKA531
#3re: how much does a b-way star get paid?
Posted: 1/2/05 at 6:17pm

renthead, since you're new, i think it's time you learned about our friend. his name is the search button. he is at the top of the message board page. please use him!

that way ^^this won't happen anymore, and no one's feelings are hurt. re: how much does a b-way star get paid?

Jon
#4re: how much does a b-way star get paid?
Posted: 1/2/05 at 6:56pm

Quick general answer:

Chorus minimum: about $1300 per week

Principal who isn't a famous "star: anywhere from $2000 to $10,000 a week.

Famous stars like Hugh Jackman and Nathan Lane: anywhere from $30,000 up to ????

logan30
#5re: how much does a b-way star get paid?
Posted: 1/2/05 at 11:12pm

The big stars (those with recognized box office draw) almost always get a base salary plus a percentage of the gross after the weekly break even. It's a small group though -- Close, Peters, Lane, Broderick, Jackman, Redgrave, Denehey, Lithgow, Fierstein and maybe a few others.

Dame Edna, Whoopi, Lily Tomlin and Billy Crystal don't really count because they also produced their shows.

bbroadwaybb Profile Photo
bbroadwaybb
#6re: how much does a b-way star get paid?
Posted: 1/3/05 at 4:12am

B'way minimum is $1,345.

And there are leads on B'way making this or close to it. Unfortunately, they are not all over $2,000, as they should be.

She's tall enough to be your mother

bbroadwaybb Profile Photo
bbroadwaybb
#7re: how much does a b-way star get paid?
Posted: 1/3/05 at 4:14am

And Musetta1957 - was "I will answer you despite your lack of typing and grammar skills" really necessary? Let's keep this board a nice place.

She's tall enough to be your mother

Videos