News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

nude scenes?

BillyB
#0nude scenes?
Posted: 9/26/04 at 8:53pm

Hair. what else

SammyGal
#1re: nude scenes?
Posted: 9/26/04 at 8:54pm

Caligula!

Cabaret shows the Emcee's butt.

On a clear day I can see myself for miles ~Taboo

Chote887 Profile Photo
Chote887
#2re: nude scenes?
Posted: 9/26/04 at 8:58pm

dracula
take me out

SammyGal
#3re: nude scenes?
Posted: 9/26/04 at 9:00pm

The Full Monty
Naked Boys Singing

What's in a name, eh? haha

musicalmjk Profile Photo
musicalmjk
#4re: nude scenes?
Posted: 9/26/04 at 9:00pm

wit

need to defrag my brain.

Jon
#5re: nude scenes?
Posted: 9/26/04 at 9:01pm

I assume you are asking about musicals - thre have been dozens of straight plays with nudity.

The ill-fated THOU SHALT NOT had nudity, including a scene where the leading man fondled a nude corpse (played by a live actress) in the morgue.

PASSION had male and female nudity in the opening scene.

PRIVATES ON PARADE presented Off-Broadway had male and female nudity in the Roundabout production in 1992.

The revival of DAMN YANKEES had a male butt shot.

Idina Menzel delighted us with a moon shot in RENT. Somenights, if she was in the mood, she flashed her boobs as well.

The current DERACULA features a good amount of nudity.

The title song of APPLAUSE featured a line of waiters flashing bare butt.

Updated On: 9/26/04 at 09:01 PM

Yankeefan007
#6re: nude scenes?

The Graduate!!!!!

Britt0913 Profile Photo
Britt0913
#7re: nude scenes?

Frankie and Johnny in the Clair de Lune.
and, of course, THE GRADUATE.

BillyB
#8re: nude scenes?
Posted: 9/26/04 at 9:02pm

what is passion about?

Plum
#9re: nude scenes?
Posted: 9/26/04 at 9:03pm

The Blue Room, of course. re: nude scenes?

And, from Sondheim.com:
"Based on the novel Fosca by Igino Tarchetti and the film Passion D'amore by Ettore Scola, this musical (with a book by James Lapine) explores love and obsession through the story of Giorgio, an officer in the Italian Army (in 1863) who carries on an affair through the mail with Clara, a married woman. When Fosca, the sickly, wretched sister of the colonel becomes obsessed with Giorgio, her passion begins to eat at his soul until he gives in to her overpowering love. The show explores the interconnectedness of love, beauty, passion, and obsession. Includes the songs 'I Wish I Could Forget You,' 'No One Has Ever Loved Me,' and 'Loving You.' "

I believe Sunday in the Park With George was originally supposed to have nudity during the title song, but Bernadette Peters refused to do it. I think Melissa Errico (?) performed with the nudity in the Kennedy Center production.
Passion Updated On: 9/26/04 at 09:03 PM

TheQuibbler Profile Photo
TheQuibbler
#10re: nude scenes?
Posted: 9/26/04 at 9:28pm

Why would there be a nude scene in "Sunday in the Park with George?" Like, for what reason and what part of the song would she be nude in?

BreakingTheCircle07 Profile Photo
BreakingTheCircle07
#11re: nude scenes?
Posted: 9/26/04 at 9:29pm

The "SITPWG" nudity was going to be written in later in the play. George finally lets the Celestes pose for him in his studio, but when he tells them that he wants them nude, they run off. Marie, out of love, agrees to do it. I don't know how far the scene was written, but Sondheim and Lapine shared that story at "Sunday's" concert at Ravinia in Highland Park, IL.

Variations on a Theme blog: http://panekattack.blogspot.com/

Dollypop
#12re: nude scenes?
Posted: 9/26/04 at 9:29pm

NUDE WITH A VIOLIN

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

NuggetMonkeys Profile Photo
NuggetMonkeys
#13re: nude scenes?
Posted: 9/26/04 at 10:11pm

Whoa, Jon...are you serious about Idina flashing her booobies?
I have never heard that!
Anyone have pictures?
-d.b.j-

Vary My Days.

Plum
#14re: nude scenes?
Posted: 9/26/04 at 10:15pm

Actually, the Sunday in the Park With George nudity that I'm talking about came when Dot stepped out of her dress in the title song. I could be wrong, though.

jakebloke Profile Photo
jakebloke
#15re: nude scenes?
Posted: 9/26/04 at 10:18pm

What nudity is there in Caligula? Forgive me if this has been discussed before.

MargoChanning
#16re: nude scenes?
Posted: 9/26/04 at 10:27pm

Jeez, I can't even believe there's a thread about this -- every fourth show I see in NY has nudity in it (three of the seven shows I've seen so far this month had nudity, including full frontals in Richard III on Friday). I've probably seen two hundred shows that had nudity in one form or another. It's so commonplace I can't imagine it even makes any impression whatsoever on audiences anymore. Whatever.....

"What a story........ everything but the bloodhounds snappin' at her rear end." -- Birdie [http://margochanning.broadwayworld.com/] "The Devil Be Hittin' Me" -- Whitney

EponineThenardier Profile Photo
EponineThenardier
#17re: nude scenes?
Posted: 9/26/04 at 10:28pm

Was the "fondler" in Thou Shalt Not, Norbert?

Plum
#18re: nude scenes?
Posted: 9/26/04 at 10:30pm

*gasp*

Don't corrupt the children, Margo!

Actually, I've never been to a show with nudity myself. :) But I can't claim to be a very prolific theater-goer, really.

Blair
#19re: nude scenes?
Posted: 9/26/04 at 10:36pm

jakebloke, I haven't seen it myself, but I do believe that Caligula (Euan Morton) is full frontal for a good while. Updated On: 9/26/04 at 10:36 PM

NoDayButToday2 Profile Photo
NoDayButToday2
#20re: nude scenes?
Posted: 9/26/04 at 10:55pm

---Whoa, Jon...are you serious about Idina flashing her booobies?
I have never heard that!
Anyone have pictures?---

Yea she did that a lot.. usually only her butt but one or 2 performances for some reason she felt the need for the shirt to come up as well. I doubt there are pictures, but look if you want re: nude scenes?

SammyGal
#21re: nude scenes?
Posted: 9/26/04 at 11:03pm

I've seen Caligula.
Euan gets fully naked and walks around.
I forgot her name but whoever plays his sister Druscilla does as well but more hidden.
Then some of the cast during the beginning songs show some boobs.

If you go to the Caligula thread, we discussed haha

GovernorSlaton Profile Photo
GovernorSlaton
#22re: nude scenes?
Posted: 9/26/04 at 11:17pm

On the commentary of the Sunday DVD, Sondheim and Lapine (along with Bernadette) explain that the second act was at first a sort of hodge-podge of different ideas about Seurat's art and life. There was going to be a scene about George portrait of three naked women, and that was where the nudity was going to be. I originally thought it was supposed to be in the first scene, but they didn't mention it, and, with all that jumping and dancing...well, you get the idea.

Melissa Errico did not do the nudity in the first scene, but at the end of one Dot's solos in the first act (not sure which one).

dry2olives Profile Photo
dry2olives
#23re: nude scenes?
Posted: 9/26/04 at 11:35pm

1969: Frank Gorshen in the musical Jimmy.

megannn33
#24re: nude scenes?
Posted: 9/26/04 at 11:44pm

NUGGETMONKEYS:
there are pictures of Idina in "Just A Kiss" of when she showed her boobs in the beginning of the movie.

Videos