News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for jasmiinda

Member Name: jasmiinda
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

STEREOPHONIC Opening Night Critics’ Reviews
 May 6 2024, 04:01:10 PM

I think Grover is likeable too. Basically, all the characters except Peter (though I do like Peter as a fictional character; I find him fascinating).

STEREOPHONIC Original Broadway Cast Recording Thread
 May 3 2024, 02:51:19 PM

I wanna listen T_T. I missed the Instagram post.

Stereophonic seats
 May 2 2024, 01:22:30 PM

I accidentally sat all the way in the last seat of row H of the right orchestra and the view was about equivalent to being orchestra left: you can't see the door that on that side of the stage and I bet you wouldn't be able to see Simon playing the drums, either, but nothing too bad.

May 2 2024, 12:57:36 PM

Yes. We only hear one full song and the majority of one or two others in the show. That's a big part of why I'm so excited for it. 

May 1 2024, 11:04:41 PM

Anyway, this is the most excited I've been for a cast album release. Waiting for next Friday is so painful.

Somewhat Baffling High Note Trends
 May 1 2024, 09:49:37 AM

Super uneducated about theatre and music theory, but when you lay out the history like that, it makes it sound like a reversal or trends. The mid-to-late 20th century was full ove relatively lower register singing so when people in the late-20th to early-21st centuries started using higher notes it felt kind of surprising and fresh and became the new trend? But everything has to top the last thing so the notes get higher and higher and are more common in each show. Just some conjecture. 

STEREOPHONIC Opening Night Critics’ Reviews
 Apr 30 2024, 03:06:48 PM

I think I'm most excited for East of Eden as well as Holly's song. The first time I heard Juliana Canfield sing was pure bliss. I'm so ready for next Friday~

Aronofsky developing a BLACK SWAN stage musical
 Apr 1 2024, 09:19:51 PM

I'm still pretty new to Broadway, so excuse my ignorance, but are these workshops usually open to the public or just industry people?

STEREOPHONIC Previews
 Apr 1 2024, 03:32:31 PM

I'm going on the 13th. I really wish I could catch it tomorrow but thems the breaks. I'm hoping to see it more than once and splurge for a better seat next time because getting to see if from the second row at Playwrights was primo and this time I'm so far away (;-;).

STEREOPHONIC @Playwrights Horizons
 Jan 17 2024, 09:16:57 AM

Finally

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/01/17/theater/stereophonic-moving-to-broadway.html

Dec 20 2023, 12:44:02 AM

They've started recording the cast album as of yesterday.

Dec 15 2023, 04:48:43 PM

They have a link on the ticket page to a Google Form for what's coming next for the show. Good signs all around.

https://my.playwrightshorizons.org/events/stereophonic

Dec 13 2023, 12:51:21 AM

It's definitely a play with music. I think there's maybe 6 songs in it and only one that we hear in it's entirety.

Dec 12 2023, 05:14:41 PM

Yeah, I agree about that cast. It's not like it would stop me from seeing it again, obviously, but there would be a little disappointment if people got replaced. Like you said, especially Sarah Pidgeon. What a voice.

Dec 12 2023, 04:19:33 PM

I hope the rumors are true. Someone on Reddit said they got to speak with someone who's a part of it who also said it was going to transfer. I finally got to see it on Sunday and I was blown away. I didn't feel the length, I really loved the music. It's pretty much everything I wanted but didn't get from either version of Daisy Jones. I'd love to see it again.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You