News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for joliz

joliz Profile Photo
Member Name: joliz
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: http://rosario-dawson.net
Blog Address: http://joliz.greatestjournal.com
Profile:

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: The OFFICIAL Rent on DVD Thread
 Feb 22 2006, 11:18:42 PM
I will echo everyone in the Goodbye Love had no reason to be cut, nor did April's suicide, and I honestly think the deleted Benny scenes were essential to redeem him. I remember I took a group of students I worked with in an afterschool program to see the film when it was still in theatres and they all booed (it was a fairly empty theatre) at the end when there's a shot of Benny in Mark's film. They still saw him as a bad guy.

I think my favorite part of the features was the document

re: Rosario, Tracie, and Rent Cast nominated for Awards!
 Jan 3 2006, 08:53:28 PM
XOsweet_dancerOX are you being sarcastic?
 Jan 3 2006, 08:44:12 PM
GYPSY1527 Rosario is Puerto Rican, Afro Cuban, Native American and Irish.

But please realize Latins do actually come from Africans as well, our ancestry is Spaniard, African, and whichever tribe is native to the island you're from. For example, Puerto Rico is Arawak or Taino Indians.

Jan 3 2006, 02:55:45 PM
I'm guessing Jesse didn't get a nom because there was heavy competition for supporting Actor with Crash and all. I think if he'd had a bigger role he would have qualified for lead actor because really that category has some crappy choices
 Jan 3 2006, 02:06:40 PM
Broadwayluva - Considering it's the Black Reel awards no. Rosario got best actress for rent and Tracie got best supporting
 Jan 3 2006, 12:01:49 PM
I'm so happy they did, I would've preferred that Jesse got one too but hey, can't win them all
Rosario, Tracie, and Rent Cast nominated for Awards!
 Jan 3 2006, 11:20:11 AM
http://www.blackreelawards.com/ballot.php

The Black Reel Awards have released their nominations and among them include:
Best Actress - Rosario Dawson (Rent)
Best Supporting Actress - Tracie Thoms (Rent) [ also Rosario Dawson for (Sin City) ]
Best Ensemble - Rent
Best Soundtrack - Rent

The awards are held in February. Best of luck to Rosario, Tracie and the whole cast!

re: Jennifer Lopez - Mimi
 Dec 23 2005, 01:33:02 AM
The only good that could come out of J.o as Mimi would be that the line "They Say that I have the best ass below 14th street..." would actually be true.

Jennifor Lopez can dance, I'll give her that, I don't think she has much range as a film actress, let alone on the stage. She's also a very bad live singer. The girl can entertain but she's not cut out for it.

Oh yea aside from all that I can't stand her but that's a whole other story.

re: Rosario Won Satellite Award for Best Supporting Actress (RENT)
 Dec 20 2005, 12:57:53 AM
I'm just so happy the girl got recognition because she killed it in this role
re: Rosario Won Satellite Award for Best Supporting Actress (RENT)
 Dec 19 2005, 12:25:36 PM
Oh I'm sorry Colleen I didn't realize you had!
Rosario Won Satellite Award for Best Supporting Actress (RENT)
 Dec 19 2005, 12:22:29 PM
Click the link to check out other winners.

Congratulations Rosario you totally deserved it!

re: Songs you listen to when your heart is broken
 Dec 15 2005, 10:04:26 AM
I don't like wallowing a lot, so when I'm heartbroken over something like a relationship I go the peppy or can'tstandya route to make myself feel better.

Someday - Mariah Carey
Ese Hombre - La India
No Scubs - TLC
99 Problems - Jay Z
The Boring Life - the Sly Caps
Instant Pleasure - Rufus Wainwright
She Wants To Move (Remix) - NERD
Through With You - Maroon 5
Y Hubo Alguien - Marc Anthony
Lost Ones - Lauryn Hill
You Had Me - Joss Sto

re: Non-Theatre Majors?
 Dec 15 2005, 01:04:54 AM
Cultural Studies and Media Major with a concentration in Technology and Popular Culture. Or at least hope to be, I'm in the process of trasferring schools and that is what I'll study if I get accepted into Eugene Lang. Currently I'm studying Communication Design & Graphic Arts at CUNY Tech, I used to go to SUNY New Paltz where I was a Public Relations Major with a minor in Black Studies.

So I've moved around a bit but generally stick to the communications field

re: Golden Globe Noms today!
 Dec 13 2005, 09:02:46 AM
Some of these nominations are really upsetting. No Munich best picture? Michelle Williams picked over Michelle Yeoh? Are you kidding me? Russell Crowe best actor?

Don't even get me started on how badly Rent was snubbed

re: Rent & The Producers get BFCA noms
 Dec 11 2005, 04:38:53 PM
Congratulations to you and the cast Anthony, you all really deserve all the acclaim
re: RENT hit The Must List!
 Dec 11 2005, 12:36:22 PM
colleen_lee: http://clerks2.com/

and Emcee, I didn't say they shouldn', I'm just saying their agents/managers/publicists aren't working as hard for them as they could be.

re: Seasons of Love Breaks into Billboards Top 40!
 Dec 11 2005, 12:34:41 PM
After it having been on the Must List, I've concluded the album will fair much better than the actual film. Between that and the DVD (and hopefully international numbers once it's released abroad) it'll break even.

Does anyone know if it's anywhere near breaking even yet?

Dec 11 2005, 12:30:14 PM
StarbuckQAF you're right, and I don't know, I hope Clerks 2 can boost her more but Kevin Smith hasn't exactly been on the ball lately considering Jersey Girl, but yea, if she continues to keep getting roles in highly anticipated films (like Rent, Clerks 2, Sin City 2) she's going to move into that A list pretty soon.

I mean no offense to the other actors in the film but really, Idina has all the posibility to be a starlet but I don't know how great a job of marketing her, same with eve

Dec 11 2005, 02:30:47 AM
insomniak she's had a career for 11 years, ended up on numerous covers ( including Vanity Fair's Hollywood issue cover which is incredibly elite. she was on it twice might I add ), just because you didn't know who she was doesn't mean no one else has.

Also not her fault that her publicist does a much better job at promoting her than those of the other cast members.

re: Tevin Cambell
 Dec 6 2005, 08:14:27 PM
Can we taaaaaaaaaaaaalk for a minute, girl I want .. to know.. your name.

Sigh I own his greatest hits cd :[

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You