News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for where's my shoe?

Member Name: where's my shoe?
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Easter at Blonde
 Apr 8 2007, 11:54:38 PM
I was at the show tonight too. I love the movie, and I found it really distracting that they changed the plot so much, because a lot of it seemed to be only for the sake of making it different. I adore Christian Borle, so I was grateful his part was a little bigger than the movie, but it didn't really make sense. I think the show makes Elle seem really dumb. In the movie, her motivation to change and succeed comes from within, and the show takes a lot of that away. There were some very clever mo
re: Favorite Mental Breakdown Song
 Jan 3 2007, 04:19:46 AM
One Hallow'een-Applause
Side Show question
 Aug 2 2006, 08:15:28 PM
Do you know of anyone who has recorded "Who Will Love Me As I Am" as a solo? I want to sing it but I'm curious how other people have altered the arrangement for a solo. Thanks.
re: Wicked Tix in SanDiego... HELP!
 May 7 2006, 04:14:46 PM
I would say call Ticketmaster, or you can actually call the box office. That way you can talk to an actual person. Here's the info- http://www.broadwaysd.com/buynow.php
Good luck, I hope you can get tickets. My mom waited in line for 7 hours to get tickets, and there were people who actually camped out.

re: Psychological Thrillers
 May 4 2006, 03:28:51 AM
Not modern, but "The Innocents" perhaps?
re: How was Sutton in college?
 May 2 2006, 03:18:02 AM
Susan Egan was told the same thing. And I believe that at CMU (at least now) first years aren't allowed to do shows, so she probably didn't do anything big there. But if she had, we might not have her now!
Once Upon A Mattress question
 Mar 13 2006, 03:09:29 AM
What would you consider the 11 o'clock number in OUAM? I want to say Happily Ever After, but I'm not sure if it's in the right place in the score. Any thoughts?
re: Actors-as-musicians beyond the professional stage?
 Feb 18 2006, 01:57:44 PM
Yes, Emcee, I do know what the show is entails. It is possible for the person to be wrong, but not likely, because more than one person agreed and rumors about productions at my school are usually right. We also tend to take an experimental approach to old material (as do a lot of educational settings). For example-we are doing Our Town this season, but the choir will be singing Coldplay instead of hymns. I have my doubts about how this concept will aply to the show, but I guess it's only relaly
re: Actors-as-musicians beyond the professional stage?
 Feb 18 2006, 01:45:59 PM
*bump*
Actors-as-musicians beyond the professional stage?
 Feb 18 2006, 04:40:48 AM
The list of shows for next year was just posted at my university the other day, and one of the shows listed was The Music Man. This really surprised me, as most of the shows we do are darker/more obscure (recent musicals include Sweeney Todd, Nine, Cabaret, Promenade, Blood Brothers). But then someone told me that it is going to be done a la the current Sweeney revival, as in the actors also play the instruments. So, I'm wondering what you guys think about this? Not only as far as how well it wo
re: Rachel in DRS?
 Feb 8 2006, 05:31:51 PM
I love Rachel York! I'm going to be in NY in March and really want to try to see this show. I've already seen the show, but I've never seen Rachel live. Do you think I would be okay trying to get tickets when I'm there, or is this something I need to do advance purchase for. How is DRS selling?
re: similar music to Rent
 Feb 1 2006, 07:01:09 PM
I third BLBC.

Elphaba, I know many people who HATE Aida. I personally don't know it well enough to have an opinion, but you aren't alone.

re: ALMOST COMPLETELY unknown musicals?
 Jan 26 2006, 02:34:38 AM
Elphaba, I saw Eleanor! It was very good as I remember it, although I saw it about 8 years ago.

Some more to add:
Lucky Duck
Dillinger: Public Enemy Number One the Musical
Reunion

And to whomeve mentioned Boomers: A local theater where I live also has one by that title that they have perormed for many years. Interesting.

Song question
 Jan 25 2006, 06:29:19 PM
I'm going to be singing "Falling In Love With Love" and I've never seen The Boys From Syracuse. I know the basic story, but I was just wondering if someone could tell me what is going on when this song is sung. Who is it sung to, at what point in the show, that kind of thing. Thanks.
re: An Evening with Christine Andreas
 Jan 20 2006, 01:59:49 AM
That's awesome, Jon! You have a lovely voice. I was over on the other side, from UCI. I was really impressed with you guys.
re: french musicals (please help)
 Jan 20 2006, 01:36:00 AM
The Scarlet Pimpernel is set in France and England. And a few of the songs (depending on which version you get) have some French in them. I know "Storybook" has a section in French.
An Evening with Christine Andreas
 Jan 20 2006, 01:09:30 AM
I just got back from seeing Christine Andreas' cabaret at The Orange County Performing Arts Center. Through my college's musical theater program, I got the chance to participate in a master class with Christine, followed by dinner and the show. I'm not that familiar with her work, but I figured it was worth it for $10. The master class was very informal, beginning with her singing "They Say It's Wonderful" followed by several students singing and being critiqued by Christine and her musical di
re: ALMOST COMPLETELY unknown musicals?
 Jan 15 2006, 07:20:53 PM
"Little By Little"?
Urgent resume question
 Jan 13 2006, 01:27:22 AM
Hi,
I'm trying to update my resume to send in for StrawHat, and I came upon something that puzzled me. I was in a show that was a youth/community theater production. However, the lead actor was a moderately well known Broadway/film actor/writer. Should I indicate this? And how would I do so? Please help me asap. I don't want to seem like I'm trying to show off, but the show was original and not with a recognizable theater group, so I will probably omit it otherwise. Thanks in advance.

re: Did anyone else notice Andrea Martin...
 Dec 30 2005, 04:35:24 AM
Don't forget Richard Kind as the foreman of the jury. Looking for all these people kept me entertained throughout the movie.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You