News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for FolliesCabaret

FolliesCabaret Profile Photo
Member Name: FolliesCabaret
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

HERE WE ARE heads to the recording studio
 May 17 2024, 02:24:25 AM

pure magic. i just preordered the baby blue vinyl. i am so, so grateful. 

Kit Connor and Rachel Zegler to star in ROMEO & JULIET on Broadway?
 Apr 16 2024, 05:57:04 PM

B212323 said: "Any rumors/guesses who will be playing Mercutio? Nurse? Surely Sam Gold has his favorites..."

I would love to see Amber Gray's Nurse.

Show Boat revival?
 Dec 7 2023, 09:50:49 PM

Dylan Smith4 said: "Was thinking about this lately, so I thought I bump this thread up. As the musical's centennial anniversary is only a couple of years away, I wonder if we still could see a revival in 2027. Who could we see in the cast, or dream casting?"

Amber Gray as Julie. 

Groban & Ashford in SWEENEY TODD On Broadway
 Oct 19 2023, 01:16:44 PM

binau said: "I’m confused at how a Sondheim vet could not have played a role on Broadway unless they are British or something? Or if Audra is considered a Sondheim vet?"

She's done Sondheim to great acclaim in New York and California, but never on Broadway. Yet.

Groban & Ashford in SWEENEY TODD On Broadway
 Oct 19 2023, 12:56:08 PM

Alex M said: "The demand for the replacements won’t be as big as Groban but still pretty good names that will make the theatre girlies explode."

From what I've heard, the new Lovett is a Sondheim vet but this will be her first time doing Sondheim on Broadway. Very, very excited if it's true.

Nicole Scherzinger to star in West End Sunset Boulevard at the Savoy
 Oct 4 2023, 10:58:54 AM

verywellthensigh said: "Melissa25 said: "I can’t wait for the Jamie Lloyd version of Hello Dolly."

His production of Guys and Dolls is going to be so edge you'll soil yourself. Sarah and Miss Adelaide perform "Marry the Man Today" while running in a giant gerbil wheel to illustrate their victimhood under The Patriarchy.
"

I often want to argue when some individuals claim that theatre people aren't funny, b

MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Previews
 Oct 2 2023, 10:29:20 AM

I saw the show off-Broadway in January, and I walked away from that experience thinking Krystal Joy Brown should win the Tony for her performance. She had the audience in the palm of her hand and while, yes, she is a villain of the piece, she was just delectable. You see in the first scene, along with Mary, just how much she's lost and you spend the rest of the show investigating how she got there. When you see her, meek and unimportant in Opening Doors, it all sorta clicks. I found that

Sondheim/Ives HERE WE ARE @ The Shed
 Sep 29 2023, 10:16:46 AM

Seeing it on the 13th - can't wait!

How is Amber Gray (is she Claudia?)/does she have a song/any significant musical moments?

Sondheim/Ives HERE WE ARE @ The Shed
 Sep 28 2023, 09:16:48 PM

Do we know who's playing who?

New Lea Michele/Jonathan Groff/Donna Murphy Project?
 Sep 27 2023, 09:50:49 AM

thasanction22 said: "gershwin :)"

I don't think this is what it is, but god, a stage adaption of Funny Face with Lea Michele as Jo, Jonathan Groff as Dick, and Donna Murphy as Maggie would be divine.

New Lea Michele/Jonathan Groff/Donna Murphy Project?
 Sep 26 2023, 02:56:23 PM

This morning, Lea Michele posted a TikTok of her with a script at Ripley-Grier in what seems to be a new workshop featuring her, Jonathan Groff, Donna Murphy, and Anne L. Nathan.

The caption of the post reads, "Hmm what might we be up to…? "

Does anyone have any ideas/inside info about what this could be?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You