News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for changinandhow

changinandhow Profile Photo
Member Name: changinandhow
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Lotto/SRO Advice for Hedwig
 Jun 23 2014, 08:27:12 PM
jaxel - you will get bumped back in line. When I did standing room for the 10pm a few weeks ago, the cut off for tickets for the 7pm show divided through a group of 6 and they decided to wait for the later show so they could all go together - they became the front of the 10pm line.

What's your theory on Tommy Gnosis (obvious Hedwig spoilers)
 Jun 13 2014, 05:27:17 PM
Alix - in the current production, doesn't Hedwig/Hansel wipe the cross off his head during Midnight Radio? I've only seen it from the back orch, so it may not be all the way gone, but at one point he definitely wipes his forehead and then looks at his hand and sees the paint.
Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow
 Mar 26 2014, 10:52:40 AM
Jake's intro to the song is on there.
Bullets Over Broadway backlash?
 Feb 10 2014, 11:20:25 AM
^
Bianca Marroquin to join In The Heights this Summer?
 Mar 17 2010, 07:53:46 PM
^ She's definitely doing In the Heights from June to August, she confirmed it herself on twitter and facebook.

rOcKS @ 'Next Fall'
 Mar 11 2010, 04:06:23 PM
muscle,

"the end...SPOILER alert! It was just odd, I mean they don't even mention that the character has a brother to begin with."

His parents mention him once or twice during the scenes in the waiting room, but more importantly Luke tells Adam at one point that his father was angry with him when he dropped out of law school and told him that if he ever found out he was gay, he'd never let him speak to his brother again. Luke says he's waiting to come out to his parents til

re: NINE - The Movie Musical - Review Thread
 Dec 26 2009, 12:52:00 PM
"The fact that she comes back to the studio at the end of the film, also makes her character's big scene, POINTLESS."

Luisa also returns at the end of the revival. I don't think that made Be On Your Own any less pointless than Cotillard's return to the studio made Take It All pointless; both of the songs convey essentially the same message to me.

re: Most Haunting Broadway Melodies?
 Dec 26 2009, 12:26:14 PM
One of the first ones that pops into my head is the opening notes of Come Look At the Freaks from Side Show.
re: Wishful Drinking rush lately
 Dec 4 2009, 02:51:55 PM
I got a (rear mezz) rush ticket a few weeks ago about 2 hours before curtain.
re: Merciful God, did anyone else loathe The Vibrator Play as much as I did
 Nov 24 2009, 12:39:23 AM
No no, my point was not at all that gay men "don't get it." But one of the things Sarah Ruhl addresses in the play is the ignorance about female sexuality at the time, and I felt you further opened discussion on that with the comment in your review. This isn't something I really want to get into in a thread on BWW, but the vibrator used by the doctor in the play had little or nothing to do with the patients' vaginas; THAT is indeed why the practice of treating hysteria with these "machines" was
re: Merciful God, did anyone else loathe The Vibrator Play as much as I did?
 Nov 23 2009, 11:31:48 PM
"And in all this staggering stupidity, the one character who seems to understand the relationship between objects put into vaginas and orgasms..."

No offense intended - but you're a gay man, aren't you?

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy the play.

re: Lyceum Theatre seating
 Nov 23 2009, 11:22:04 PM
They took out the front row (which was AA) for In the Next Room, so the front row is technically the second row. I sat there and I'm 5'6 - the view isn't so bad in terms of the stage's height.

re: Entire Broadway company of HAIR to star in London production
 Nov 17 2009, 12:55:16 AM
March 7.
re: Phantom this week
 Nov 16 2009, 04:49:41 PM
His run is open-ended right now, as far as I know.
re: Ragtime Lotto
 Nov 10 2009, 11:43:09 AM
They won't have lotto on Sunday for opening, will they?
Hair thread.
 Oct 29 2009, 11:44:35 AM
Yes, they're selling windowcards and playbills signed by the cast as well as the Carols for a Cure cd. If you go by the theatre as the show's getting out, you should be able to just walk in (against the crowd, good luck) and find the person in the lobby selling them. They were standing by the bar to the left of the lobby last Saturday.
Hair thread.
 Oct 23 2009, 12:55:09 AM
dshnookie -

"I don't want to be a dentist, or a lawyer, or a bum, or an IBM Machine, or a rock-n-roll hero, or a movie star... I just want to have a lot of money"

re: Mitchell Jarvis, Law and Order?
 Oct 22 2009, 11:30:41 AM
He played a gym teacher who had a previous record for child molestation and was a suspect in their case. He was on for no longer than 10 minutes, I would guesstimate.
re: Aaron Tveit Stage Door Next To Normal
 Oct 18 2009, 12:47:23 AM
Aaron is also super speedy - I remember one time after the show at Arena Stage where I hadn't even gotten out of the building yet and I saw him through the doors already walking away from the theatre.
re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
 Oct 6 2009, 12:05:40 PM
Overthinking, you're doing it right.

But it's most likely Portland, Oregon. In earlier incarnations of the show, there were lyrics that indicated the Goodmans lived in Washingon - "you're battling that gray Seattle weather/and you're living on a latte and a prayer" etc.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You