News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Kass983

Kass983 Profile Photo
Member Name: Kass983
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: RENT: Live from Broadway (Film) - Thoughts  Sep 26 2008, 05:11:23 AM
Loved it. I too would have liked some wider shots, but that's ok. I found Will's eyeliner and nailpolish a bit distracting (I've never seen the man before - Utah gal here), but he grew on me; definitely one hell of a Roger. The whole cast was incredible. I might go one more time this weekend, alone, because taking the kids again is entirely too much money - gotta save some to fly to San Diego and see Adam and Anthony next year. There might have been 50 people tops in my theater. Maybe that
re: What Got u Hooked on Broadway  Jun 17 2008, 05:15:15 PM
Back in the 70's there used to be lots of old movie musicals shown on the weekends, and sometimes ballets and various Broadway performances on PBS that I would watch whenever I could. I loved My Fair Lady, The Sound of Music, The Wizard of Oz, South Pacific, The King and I, and my favorite was Carousel.

My family never saw shows or bought cast records...we were really poor, lived in Utah, and no one in my family had really been exposed to theater. The only black movie musical I had

re: Rate Whoopi!!!!!  Jun 16 2008, 10:17:25 PM
She was great in an otherwise ordinary show. The Clarence Thomas bit cracked me up, Mary Poppins was great, and I loved her hair. 15/10
re: XANADU TONY Performance: Why?  Jun 16 2008, 05:36:22 PM
Cheyenne is a hell of a talent, and he has GREAT legs, but I have absolutely no desire whatsoever to ever see this show after watching that number.

Hated it.

re: Rent cast on the Tonys!  Jun 16 2008, 05:31:56 PM
I'm sure the final performance *will* be wonderful, however not everyone can and will see that. I'm disappointed that the opportunity to share a final performance in the year the show will close wasn't utilized to it's fullest potential. The fans worldwide who will never get to NY and who live in areas that don't get the tour deserved that.

Ah well, half a song and a mini tribute will have to do.

re: Rent cast on the Tonys!  Jun 16 2008, 03:49:22 AM
I thought Anthony looked adorable! Wilson on the other hand looked like death warmed over.
re: Best/Worst Performance at the Tony's?  Jun 16 2008, 03:43:45 AM
Worst: Xanadu, Grease

Middle: Almost everything else

Best: In The Heights, Gypsy

So disappointed with RENT. Glad to see them all (except my Jesse) and they sounded great and looked great (except Wilson - is he sick?), but I blinked and it was over...

re: Adam Pascal concert review  Oct 11 2006, 05:31:13 AM
I haven't been on here in a LONG time, but it's nice to read about Adam touring. I couldn't help but notice reading through this thread that Adam visits this site now...? I remember Fredi did, and of course WhiteboySpice (did he ever come back?), but not Adam. Anywho, I'm just wondering what his username is, just to notice when he's around...I'm not a stalker in the least!

Ok, back to my 8 1/2 months preggo misery...ugh.

Why Musicals SHOULD be VIDEOTAPED - a year later  May 28 2006, 10:59:10 AM
I just got through this whole thread too, whew! It's a given that theatre should be enjoyed live, I don't think anyone disagrees with that. The reality though, is that most of us cannot afford to see shows often if ever. Geography, the fact that tours simply do not go everywhere, and the price of one ticket, let alone for the entire family would put many of us on mac-n-cheese for months.

I agree in theory with not showing a taped version until a show closes; but I'm not absolutely co

RENT PETITION  Apr 27 2006, 07:50:51 PM
I saw this on another board. I guess they're petitioning Sony to allow the release of a 10th Anniversary DVD. I don't know how much good it will do but here's the link for anyone interested.

Edit** Sorry if this has been posted previously.

re: Who was the best AIDA?  Apr 27 2006, 02:16:23 AM
I've only seen Simone, and I loved her, but after all the footage of the OBC I've seen over the years, and of course the OBCR...my vote goes to Heather, no contest.
re: Ticket Prices on the Rise... Again!  Apr 23 2006, 07:34:09 PM
This post is a bit long, I apologize.

Though I'm not in NY and the big name tours rarely come to my area, I still enjoy live theatre. It is insanely expensive though and I always have to alternate which of my children can go with me. It's not exactly an affordable family evening out, and I often have to miss a show entirely. Bills or a show, bills or a show.....not hard to do the math.

All of this big business greed strikes me as blatantly elitist and has served to keep the

Bring Back...  Apr 3 2006, 03:20:30 AM
Aida
Ragtime
Dreamgirls

Happy..sort of, b-day to me!

re: Adam Pascal guest starring on Cold Case  Apr 3 2006, 02:43:44 AM
Adam's acting was the best I've seen him do, and I LOVE him.

I have seen stronger episodes on Cold Case; but I've seen worse too, which is I why I seldom watch this show. They are often cheesy and have nothing of the straightforwardness of the A&E original. Too dreamy, and Lilly's hair begs for a stylist like she begs for credibility, IMO.

Anyway, Adam haters aside, he did far better than many thought he could do, and in light of the material...that's really saying a lot.

re: Paris from American Idol as Dorothy in THE WIZ  Mar 24 2006, 01:50:02 PM
I agree that she'll probably finish high on AI. I adore her, her squeaky speaking voice and that big, woman voice that somehow comes out of her, she takes me aback every time. She's just so damn cute too. And yes, Dorothy would be a great role for her.
re: RENT anniversary special on April 25th  Mar 23 2006, 02:21:19 AM
...oh to live in NY with you lucky folks.
re: best solo ever written?  Mar 22 2006, 05:47:45 PM
A few that haven't been mentioned that I love:

Daddy's Hands - Ragtime

Easy As Life - Aida

Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again - POTO

You Won't Succeed On Broadway (does this qualify?) - Spamalot

One Song Glory - RENT

re: RENT did what?!  Mar 22 2006, 05:06:47 PM
I think that RENT did what Wicked is currently doing, but in a more socially signifant way. Wicked is fun and catchy, it introduces people to an artform they previously had not given much thought to. That can only be a good thing.

As far as RENT goes, when there is a cure for AIDS, perhaps RENT will develop a quaintness that tells of another life and time. I don't pretend to be as theatre savvy as most of you, but I can see that RENT was unique for its time, told a story to song that

re: Vonzell Solomon on Broadway?  Mar 21 2006, 05:05:05 PM
My bad folks, I had Frenchie mixed up with someone else and I don't remember her at all from Idol. I need more sleep.

Anywho, anyone that knows anything about it, or lives in LA and gets to check this out please let everyone know. I'm really hoping for Vonzell that this show is successful.

re: Vonzell Solomon on Broadway?  Mar 21 2006, 02:58:10 PM
Erin, you are correct. In the AOL thing they don't get specific; but in the NYPost, they do mention that it is to start in LA and MAY move to NY.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You