Adam Pascal concert review

ashley0139
#0Adam Pascal concert review
Posted: 10/5/06 at 9:49pm

So I just got back from the AMAZING Adam Pascal concert in Boston, MA. And I am still pretty much on a high from it. He sounded and looked so great, I can't describe it. He sang almost everything from his albums, which obviously disappointed the many RENT fans in the audience. I was actually happy he didn't do a ton of RENT as I am a fan of all of his work. He also sang Maria (WSS), Maybe This Time (Cabaret), One Song Glory, and What I Did For Love (ACL). I thought the ACL song was very appropriate for tonight and LOVED it as it is one of my favorite musical theatre songs of all time. He was so funny throughout the whole concert, and actually burped in the middle of one of his songs. He was very sarcastic and did this hilarious thing about message boards and the internet and how they are like puppies. His accompianist sang a song as well. They also did a couple songs from the new cd they are working on, which were exciting to hear.

Afterward, they had a meet-and-greet thing which was fun, but a little obnoxious (especially with some of the people that were there). I quickly said hi and how much I had enjoyed him in Aida and on the Hair and Chess recordings (even though Chess doesn't technically have one). After I mentioned Hair, he looked up really surprised and... I guess happy. After all the RENT talk I guess he appreciated something different. I mentioned his song on Hair and how it is one of my favorites, and he said it was one of his too. I also picked up his new cd, which has managed to slip by me since it came out.

Overall, amazing concert, amazing night. It was so great to see him live again after Aida 3 years ago. He was so nice and gracious to everyone.

Pictures to come.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

shesamarshmallow
#1re: Adam Pascal concert review
Posted: 10/5/06 at 9:57pm

I always wonder why people "review" concerts. I mean, you're obviously not going to buy a ticket if you're not pre-disposed to like it. But it's still nice to hear about the event.

broadwayunderstudies.com - most underrated performers on broadway

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#2re: Adam Pascal concert review
Posted: 10/5/06 at 9:58pm

Thanks, Ashley! I can't wait to see your pictures.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

AudreyTwoTwo Profile Photo
AudreyTwoTwo
#3re: Adam Pascal concert review
Posted: 10/5/06 at 10:05pm

oh cool! My friend is going, and I might be going with her actually.

That's nice. I have the Aida soundtrack. Maybe I will discuss that with him. lol (if I go)

The Best of Times is Now!

Chloe Profile Photo
Chloe
#4re: Adam Pascal concert review
Posted: 10/5/06 at 10:22pm

Thanks, Ashley. A poster on CB thought there was a Q&A after this show, but it sounds like it was an autograph session instead.

ashley0139
#5re: Adam Pascal concert review
Posted: 10/5/06 at 10:27pm

Chloe- on the website, it said Q&A session, but it ended being a mob autograph session. It was actually very disappointing, because I was planning to ask a question about the Hair and Chess concerts, but it ended up being this quick thing.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

EponineAmneris Profile Photo
EponineAmneris
#6re: Adam Pascal concert review
Posted: 10/5/06 at 10:30pm

Glad to hear Adam still rocks re: Adam Pascal concert review Thank you for the review.

"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS

Chloe Profile Photo
Chloe
#7re: Adam Pascal concert review
Posted: 10/5/06 at 10:32pm

That's too bad. It probably wasn't a whole lot of fun for Adam either. What were you going to ask?

#8re: Adam Pascal concert review
Posted: 10/5/06 at 10:32pm

Thanks so much for posting this, Ashley! Sorry to hear about the disappointment of the Q&A-turned-autograph session, though.

I hope he didn't burp in the middle of Glory or like, the song for his wife.

To The Stage!
#9re: Adam Pascal concert review
Posted: 10/5/06 at 10:36pm

hehe Lexi re: Adam Pascal concert review

Thanks for the nice review and details! I'm going next weekend, should be fun!

So afraid of getting older

I'm only good at being young

picturetaker9211 Profile Photo
picturetaker9211
#10re: Adam Pascal concert review
Posted: 10/5/06 at 10:44pm

Thanks for the report! re: Adam Pascal concert review

"Some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, take the moment & making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next. Delicious ambiguity."
-Gilda Radner

ashley0139
#11re: Adam Pascal concert review
Posted: 10/5/06 at 11:05pm

I was just going to ask what it was like to do a big one-night concert and stuff. I really just wanted to ask something that everyone else wouldn't ask. But I got to mention it anyway. Oh, and I think he burped during Maria, but I'm not totally positive.

pharmer2000 Profile Photo
pharmer2000
#12re: Adam Pascal concert review
Posted: 10/5/06 at 11:28pm

Ashley,
Thanks for your review of the concert. The best info always comes from hearing about other peoples experiences. I now have an idea of what to expect if i am fortunate enough to attend a future AP concert. Glad you had such a good time.

sognatora Profile Photo
sognatora
#13re: Adam Pascal concert review
Posted: 10/5/06 at 11:49pm

re: Adam Pascal concert review

I was there too! Awesome concert. I love how casual it was, and how amazing talented he is. I hate to admit it (because it's so darn teenybopper cliche) but i have the biggest crush on Adam. He was very funny tonight and, wow, what a voice! He was looking good too! Here's a couple pics...

quick story about the one with me... So i know the girl who started this thread said that people were obnoxious at the meet and greet, and i totally agree (people wearing rent shirts?!) but if by obnoxious you mean giddy and excited, then i guess i'm guilty! lol Yes, I do not know what came over me, but I asked adam if he'd make a kissy face for the picture...i did NOT expect him to actually kiss me!! Anyway, afterwards, he says, "That's the only one I'm gonna do! No more kisses!" or something like that...haha freakin hilarious.

My favorites were when he sang "Maybe this Time" from Cabaret (i've always loved that song and he totally took me by surprise with that) and the song he wrote for his son growing up in today's world (not sure of the title at the moment)...absolutely beautiful.

I'm on an adam kick so i'm making my roommate watch the rent movie with me =)

ashley0139
#14re: Adam Pascal concert review
Posted: 10/5/06 at 11:53pm

Haha. By obnoxious I meant the girls with RENT hats, shirts, pins, and huge styrofoam sign. Not giddy and excited.

EDIT: It was so funny too because before the concert they said no flash photography or anything. So Adam comes out and is like yeah I don't care about flash photography or videos. It all ends up on the internet anyway.

Updated On: 10/5/06 at 11:53 PM

sognatora Profile Photo
sognatora
#15re: Adam Pascal concert review
Posted: 10/5/06 at 11:54pm

haha the styrofoam sign! i saw that! it's kinda sad that to some people adam pascal = rent. He's done a whole lot more...

ashley0139
#16re: Adam Pascal concert review
Posted: 10/5/06 at 11:56pm

EXACTLY. Most people don't seem to recognize that. That's why I mentioned Hair and Chess. It was different.

Pictures to come very soon.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#17re: Adam Pascal concert review
Posted: 10/5/06 at 11:57pm

The picture of Adam kissing you made me "awwwww" out loud. He's so good about that kind of stuff, it's really sweet. Everyone is going to start asking him for that now, though. It'll be like Adam's very own tango picture.

He's made it very clear several times on record that he not only will permit, but wants people to go ahead and preserve the shows however they so choose, which is really cool. I'm recording him on Sunday.

A work of art is an invitation to love.
Updated On: 10/5/06 at 11:57 PM

ashley0139
#18re: Adam Pascal concert review
Posted: 10/5/06 at 11:58pm

Mr. Rocker guy. Love that picture

I have more. PM or post if you would like to see them, but I tried to post the best ones and the others are mostly similar.

Updated On: 10/6/06 at 11:58 PM

sognatora Profile Photo
sognatora
#19re: Adam Pascal concert review
Posted: 10/5/06 at 11:59pm

hmm, maybe i should take that down? i hate to be THAT girl, that annoying fan, you know?

ashley0139
#20re: Adam Pascal concert review
Posted: 10/6/06 at 12:03am

Sognatora- where were you sitting?

To The Stage!
#21re: Adam Pascal concert review
Posted: 10/6/06 at 12:03am

Would you mind PMing me some pics?

So afraid of getting older

I'm only good at being young

timote316
#22re: Adam Pascal concert review
Posted: 10/6/06 at 12:05am

I also just got back (not living in Boston means a little longer commute!). Excellent concert, most definately! I basically echo all that was said by the various other posters.

He was such a great sport at the rather crazy "autograph" segment of the evening. He found it hilarious that my little brother challenged him to a "flex-off". Was anyone here around to see that?

ashley0139
#23re: Adam Pascal concert review
Posted: 10/6/06 at 12:06am

I saw the flex off! That was hilarious! My friends and I thought it was so cute! We were quite far behind that though.

sognatora Profile Photo
sognatora
#24re: Adam Pascal concert review
Posted: 10/6/06 at 12:06am

i was sitting in the center, but in the second section from the stage. Good seats though, i mean none of them were bad. I got there as early as i could (which was 6:50 lol) i had class and had to grab some food! So you know that "other school" that stuck him in a basement? Yeah, that would be my school, BU... haha, it was last year (i wasn't here, i'm a freshman) and it was in our coffeehouse. I thought it was pretty cool that it was a coffee house setting. I guess he didn't like it?? lol whatev.

Videos