News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for bebe de broadway

bebe de broadway Profile Photo
Member Name: bebe de broadway
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

People here are weird.
 Dec 7 2007, 12:41:03 AM
" 'No offense, but none of the characters in Millie have quite the strenuous demands on them as the character of Elle in Legally Blonde.'

I disagree."

Clearly. lol However, while Millie is definitely a heavy dance show with an impressive vocal score, even Millie doesn't sing in the first act as much as Elle does. I mean, I LOVE Millie, but I think comparatively Elle does a HELL of a lot.

re: Stagedoor Experiences
 Dec 6 2007, 01:31:02 AM
Anneliese VanDerpol was a DIIIIIIVA towards the end of BEAUTY'S run. I'm talking kids crying, and she signed three posters (a friend of mine's being oe of them) and it was a curl... not even a letter. Which surprised me because the first time I met her she spoke with me for some time because I was waiting for a friend of mine in the cast.

Jonathan Pryce was AMAZINGLY nice. Kristen Chenoweth was fun to talk to because I spoke with her about my experience in the Miss America prelim pagea

re: Laura Bell Bundy and the Note
 Dec 6 2007, 01:22:28 AM
No offense, but none of the characters in Millie have quite the strenuous demands on them as the character of Elle in Legally Blonde. I still say that LBB should make a choice to protect her voice before she burns herself out, but I also think that Blonde places an INSANE demand on anyone playing Elle, and none of her understudies have played the role as many times as she has for as long as she has. It may wear ANYONE out. And most likely would.
re: Sutton Foster in YF hypothetical
 Dec 5 2007, 10:08:08 PM
I have to go with a maybe. I LOVE Sutton. She was fantastic in Drowsy, and is just an all around really sweet person to speak with, but she didn't spark in YF like she did in Millie and Drowsy. I know this is dumb, but her accent bugged me. I adore the movie and the campy over the top german accent is an integral part of Inga's character for me.

Sutton can sing and dance with the best of them, but I'm not sure the balance of her campiness was in check with the show.

On anot

re: DUTCH Little Mermaid Clip
 Dec 5 2007, 10:05:06 PM
Hm. I wish her tail moved. But at least she's not on rollerskates... >_< I think it's interesting that their water effect looks like a predecessor to the way they're doing it on Broadway right now. It sounds strange, but I think articulated tails are really important to the costumes... otherwise they just look like halloween costumes.
 Dec 5 2007, 04:24:40 AM
Oh absolutely. Look at the throat shattering extremes singers are asked to push themselves to now. Yes. Some are extremely lucky and have the ability to scream out E's and F's but a lot of aspiring actresses (and even those with jobs) are harming themselves. Yes. There are belt songs in classic Musical repertoire, but nothing like today's shows. I feel like a lot changed with the introduction of Mic's to the Broadway stage. And definitely not all of it for the better. But the reliance on
 Dec 5 2007, 04:11:23 AM
hehe you can see my roommate and I in the MTV recording at the beginning of the bows when they pan through the front row. They pan RIGHT in front of our faces. The claps were staged, so my roommate's like, "oooh camera" and I look like I'm actually clapping for the show.

*random*

Though in the MTV Broadcast, they didn't post her singing the end of the song as she did on the date of recording. It's edited. Because that note was incredibly flat... painfully so. I really enjoye

re: Sweeney opening in NYC
 Dec 5 2007, 04:07:53 AM
LoL. Any tips on being invited to one in the first place?
re: In Real Life I am a...
 Dec 5 2007, 04:03:19 AM
student and barista.... part babysitter (god bless the upper west side and families there that employ me)
re: Gone with the wind Musical casting
 Dec 5 2007, 04:01:31 AM
No. I agree as well. I love GWTW, but honestly.... need we leave no classic book alone? So sick of books/films being turned into musicals. It was fun while it lasted, but honestly. Let's move on.
re: casting a mtv dating show (don't judge me) anyone interested email me
 Dec 5 2007, 03:59:22 AM
haha. Agreed. Not sure why they thought they'd find interested parties here.

Granted. A free night on the town would be fun.... but at the risk of ending up like a ditz thanks to some creative editing? Nooooo Thanks. That doesn't sound like a credential I'd like to have on my CV. I already have people who ask me if I've been on MY SUPER SWEET 16... which I Haven't. lol Though apparently I look a lot like someone who was... becaused I've been asked more than once.

42nd Street Quotes/Script
 Jan 18 2006, 10:41:04 PM
Hi. I'm looking for great quotes from 42nd Street or possibly the script online (if it exists). The only quote I'm able to find is the one containing the line: "You're going out a youngster, but you've got to come back a star."

I'm in particular looking for the text of two quotes:
1) The dialogue where Peggy talks about being a "speck of dust, but you put those specks of dust together and you create something living that can reach thousands of people who's faces we've never seen.

re: Chicago Spelling Bee
 Nov 30 2005, 06:18:48 PM
I might audition if I can get out of my theater classes at school (they're strict about attendence). I got a call today from my modeling agency about auditioning. I love this show... I hope i can go. I'm non equity, but would be thrilled to even be a miniscule part in a professional show.
re: The new ONCE UPON A MATTRESS - shelved again?
 Oct 14 2005, 12:43:48 PM
I've preordered my dvd. I love that show. I just wish there was a video of Carol Burnett as Winifred.... rather than just the cd. ::sniffle::
re: Empowering 'I Can' or 'I Will Be The Best' type songs.
 Oct 14 2005, 12:37:13 PM
ok. so don't shoot me if these have been suggested, buuuuut

I love the "OMG, I'm SOOO HERE" songs.

i.e. "If they could see me now" Sweet Charity, duh. lol

and I'm not sure on the title, but "Here I am"?? from Dirty Rotten Scoundrels.

I'm working on the one from drs for a pageant coming up.

OH! how about "Hold On" From Secret Garden? Another fave of mine, though in a slightly different vein.

re: Shows you MUST know?
 Oct 14 2005, 12:32:32 PM
heh while I don't know jelly's last jam, I have a song from it because I have the Broadway: The American Musical five cd set. Got it for Christmas last year and almost died. ^_^

I love Ragtime, and have hear Urinetown at least. lol

how about straight plays? I have easy access to lots of musicals, but I REALLY need to know straight plays. Especially some good ones for females. I need to buy a lot of scripts so I have a good monologue resource.

re: Miss Hannigan audition monologue!
 Oct 14 2005, 12:30:44 PM
I totally forgot mame. lol There would be a good monologue if you are allowed to do one from a musical.

At my university, they yelled at me for using a monologue from gypsy. lol. Well not yell... but chastised. lol

And as far as monologues for musicals go, it makes sense. Just because someone can sing doesn't mean they can act, and sometimes an actor's acting doesn't get much better than a good cold read. I've seen it happen.

Hell, I've probably BEEN that actor when

re: Shows you MUST know?
 Oct 14 2005, 12:24:53 PM
WOW. thanks so much. I'm glad to see so many shows I LOVE listed.

hah I'm a big Sondheim fan, so yeah... lovin' the Sweeney Todd and Assassins and Gypsy (which I'm in right now!).

I'll check out the ones that I don't know.

How about recent shows? I'm familiar with a lot of the older shows and a lot of the REAAALLY old movie musicals (TCM is my friend) but not so much all the new stuff everyone is always talking about.

I'm probably the worst excuse for a Music

Zanna Don't
 Oct 14 2005, 12:14:17 PM
It's sad.

I also hate the ending (not to mention hate the whole show) of Grease.

I can't believe I grew up watching that movie that says "It's ok to be a whore if the guy'll like you." No WONDER we have so many messed up teen girls. lol

ooh. Another scene I'd like to change (or add, rather) though not historically correct would be Louise confronting June and Tulsa and being like "hey look! I'm more famous than yooooooouuuuu now." In Gypsy.

lol I'm

re: Casting for the Little Mermaid
 Oct 14 2005, 12:11:41 PM
haha stephanie, it's a deal. You probably have a leg up on me because I'm still stuck in Indiana. lol. Unless they have auditions in Chicago. lol.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You