DUTCH Little Mermaid Clip

Elphabuff2 Profile Photo
Elphabuff2
#1DUTCH Little Mermaid Clip
Posted: 7/29/07 at 12:33am

I thought this was kind of neat. Even though it's not in English, I still think the effects are somewhat intriguing. Take a look.

Check It Out

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#2re: DUTCH Little Mermaid Clip
Posted: 7/29/07 at 1:04am

How amazing! :)

bwaylvsong
#2re: DUTCH Little Mermaid Clip
Posted: 7/29/07 at 1:15am

There's also a "Little Mermaid" opera by Dvorak.

Julian2
#3re: DUTCH Little Mermaid Clip
Posted: 7/29/07 at 1:15am

Check out those hips! She could lay some serious eggs with those.

I have several names, one is Julian2. I am also The Opps Girl. But cross me, and I become Bitch Dooku!

Zeitoujo
#4re: DUTCH Little Mermaid Clip
Posted: 7/29/07 at 10:16am

how corny. i pray to got the bway show won't be anything like that!!!!!!

"Those You've Known And Lost Still Walk Behind You"-Spring Awakening

HBBrock
#5re: DUTCH Little Mermaid Clip
Posted: 7/29/07 at 11:35am

Did you watch the whole clip? I thought after a minute and a half it got pretty cool.

ElFantasma14 Profile Photo
ElFantasma14
#6re: DUTCH Little Mermaid Clip
Posted: 7/29/07 at 12:05pm

The way they did the underwater stuff is actually really cool.

#7re: DUTCH Little Mermaid Clip
Posted: 7/29/07 at 1:24pm

The underwater stuff and the fish were all pretty cool, but her voice wasn't very nice and she waved her arms too much, even for swimming.

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#8re: DUTCH Little Mermaid Clip
Posted: 7/29/07 at 1:27pm

Wow her hair looks SO real.

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

Mouses Magic
#9re: DUTCH Little Mermaid Clip
Posted: 7/29/07 at 1:36pm

Seems kind of Corny...Im glad the new production seems to be stearing away from the whole "Tarzan" syndrome and underwater cliche' where everyone needs to be "flying" the entire time.

BrianIdol Profile Photo
BrianIdol
#10re: DUTCH Little Mermaid Clip
Posted: 7/29/07 at 4:00pm

I couldn't agree more- mouses magic. Apparently when the director agreed to do the show she had 2 conditions - no water, no wires. That got things off to a good start.

bebe de broadway Profile Photo
bebe de broadway
#11re: DUTCH Little Mermaid Clip
Posted: 12/5/07 at 10:05pm

Hm. I wish her tail moved. But at least she's not on rollerskates... >_< I think it's interesting that their water effect looks like a predecessor to the way they're doing it on Broadway right now. It sounds strange, but I think articulated tails are really important to the costumes... otherwise they just look like halloween costumes.

"I'd rather be 9 people favorite thing than 100 people's ninth favorite thing." http://youtube.com/profile?user=nekoexcel

lakezurich Profile Photo
lakezurich
#12re: DUTCH Little Mermaid Clip
Posted: 12/5/07 at 10:32pm

I was going to say something about the hips... but someone beat me to it re: DUTCH Little Mermaid Clip

Rant, Wickud, Rant, Wickud, Rant! We're not gonna pay Rant! 'Cause everythink is Wickud!

"Leave Walt Disney Theatricals new sparkling production of The Little Mermaid on Broadway alone!!!"

lakezurich will be played by Paul Groves in the BWW musical

lakezurich Profile Photo
lakezurich
#13re: DUTCH Little Mermaid Clip
Posted: 12/5/07 at 10:36pm

And I don't think her voice sounds TERRIBLE... she does the best she can. Dutch, and German are in my opinion two of the ugliest languages to sing in. Their words just do not flow together as well as some other languages.

Rant, Wickud, Rant, Wickud, Rant! We're not gonna pay Rant! 'Cause everythink is Wickud!

"Leave Walt Disney Theatricals new sparkling production of The Little Mermaid on Broadway alone!!!"

lakezurich will be played by Paul Groves in the BWW musical

BrianS Profile Photo
BrianS
#14re: DUTCH Little Mermaid Clip
Posted: 12/6/07 at 12:22am

Ik denk dat zeer slechte blikken. Ik denk niet het op broadway goed zou kijken.

(my very real dutch response)

If the audience could do better, they'd be up here on stage and I'd be out there watching them. - Ethel Merman

UglyBetty Profile Photo
UglyBetty
#15re: DUTCH Little Mermaid Clip
Posted: 12/6/07 at 3:03pm

I'm afraid!

UglyBetty Profile Photo
UglyBetty
#16re: DUTCH Little Mermaid Clip
Posted: 12/6/07 at 3:03pm

I'm afraid!

Elphaba Profile Photo
Elphaba
#17re: DUTCH Little Mermaid Clip
Posted: 12/6/07 at 8:58pm

what a horrible sounding language, and Ariel looks like Princess Anne......ie like a HORSE

It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story... AGATHA CHRISTIE, Life magazine, May 14, 1956

ullabelt
#18re: DUTCH Little Mermaid Clip
Posted: 12/6/07 at 9:14pm

Ariel? This isnt Disney. Newsflash they didnt actually write the story

Katurian2 Profile Photo
Katurian2
#19re: DUTCH Little Mermaid Clip
Posted: 12/6/07 at 9:19pm

Yup- Hans Christian Anderson wrote the original story in Dutch, and the tale is a very large part of the Dutch culture. They have a Little Mermaid statue in the capital city looking out at the water on the coast- it's quite beautiful.

"Are you sorry for civilization? I am sorry for it too." ~Coast of Utopia: Shipwreck

Salene Profile Photo
Salene
#20re: DUTCH Little Mermaid Clip
Posted: 12/7/07 at 5:30am

HC Andersen wrote in Danish, not Dutch.

Lance2 Profile Photo
Lance2
#21re: DUTCH Little Mermaid Clip
Posted: 12/7/07 at 6:08am

Since I'm dutch...

Dutch can sound great, but remember that Holland is not Denmark... re: DUTCH Little Mermaid Clip

But in this song Liese (the Mermaid is called Liese is this version :-S) sings Give Me Wings. It's a very strange way to see the story if she sings that she wants wings. I've seen this version and the original version in Belgium. The original belgian version was even worse than this clip from the dutch version. The creators of this show made seven musicals based on fairy tales of which The Little Mermaid was very bad. Their Robin Hood was magical.

If a show like this is performed 'with flying' it makes the show harder for a lightning designer and the show turns out very dark. In this version they didn't use wire at all, it's a different way of flying and a phenomal way to train your abs.

There was one moment I really liked in this show. It's the love duet for the Prince and the Mermaid. There one part in the song where they cross and touch wich felt like magic in the theatre.

The two performers on the dvd aren't the best. The understudy played most of the shows and had a wonderfull voice, but the girl on the dvd is from the flemish popgroup K3. Her name 'rings a bell' with the little children, so the dvd would sell better...

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Cki7h9enO0
Although this song sound way better by the original cast, but it's not very hard to sound better... re: DUTCH Little Mermaid Clip

Updated On: 12/7/07 at 06:08 AM

Katurian2 Profile Photo
Katurian2
#22re: DUTCH Little Mermaid Clip
Posted: 12/7/07 at 8:23am

whoops! Sorry for the cultural clash. :P May I ask then out of curiosity why there is a LM statue in Copenhagen? haha- I merely assumed since when I went there, HSA merchandise was everywhere!

"Are you sorry for civilization? I am sorry for it too." ~Coast of Utopia: Shipwreck

Lance2 Profile Photo
Lance2
#23re: DUTCH Little Mermaid Clip
Posted: 12/7/07 at 8:30am

Perhaps that is because Copenhagen is the capital of Denmark? Copenhagen was a very important city to the writer...

How would you feel if I said that New York is the most beautifull city south of Mexico? re: DUTCH Little Mermaid Clip

Salene Profile Photo
Salene
#24re: DUTCH Little Mermaid Clip
Posted: 12/7/07 at 6:15pm

remember that Holland is not Denmark...

Hey, they're both flat ..! re: DUTCH Little Mermaid Clip

Videos