Sweeney opening in NYC

BrianIdol Profile Photo
BrianIdol
#1Sweeney opening in NYC
Posted: 12/4/07 at 9:40pm

What is the official opening date for the Sweeney Todd movie in NYC? I know all of the advertisments say Dec. 21st, but there are pictures of the opening in NYC online....is the date different for the city than the rest of the US?

rosscoe(au) Profile Photo
rosscoe(au)
#2re: Sweeney opening in NYC
Posted: 12/4/07 at 9:59pm

It should open in NYC on the 21st, the pictures online are of the premiere last night.

Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian

JulianHookbucks Profile Photo
JulianHookbucks
#2re: Sweeney opening in NYC
Posted: 12/5/07 at 2:00am

anyone know why helena wasn't at the New York Premier?

that's a really big mic...

justabwaybaby Profile Photo
justabwaybaby
#3re: Sweeney opening in NYC
Posted: 12/5/07 at 2:02am

Someone said she's 8 1/2 months pregnant. If she's in England her doctor may have suggested that she not fly...

TomMonster Profile Photo
TomMonster
#4re: Sweeney opening in NYC
Posted: 12/5/07 at 2:54am

I was at the opening. Check the Sweeney Todd Movie Review Thread started by PAB.

I spoke with Burton during the evening but did not chat about Helena. It's just something you don't do at these events...if you ever want to be invited to another one... re: Sweeney opening in NYC

Sweeney Todd Movie Review Thread

"It's not so much do what you like, as it is that you like what you do." SS

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana." GMarx
Updated On: 12/5/07 at 02:54 AM

bebe de broadway Profile Photo
bebe de broadway
#5re: Sweeney opening in NYC
Posted: 12/5/07 at 4:07am

LoL. Any tips on being invited to one in the first place? re: Sweeney opening in NYC

"I'd rather be 9 people favorite thing than 100 people's ninth favorite thing." http://youtube.com/profile?user=nekoexcel

justabwaybaby Profile Photo
justabwaybaby
#6re: Sweeney opening in NYC
Posted: 12/5/07 at 4:45am

^Yes, any tips?

I was one of those people standing across the street. And I think I was one of the few who didn't loose all sanity when Depp showed up. re: Sweeney opening in NYC

JulianHookbucks Profile Photo
JulianHookbucks
#7re: Sweeney opening in NYC
Posted: 12/6/07 at 1:14am

forgive my ignorance, but why would asking about the star the movie of the premiere you're attending be a social faux pas resulting in yout not being invited again?

"How is Helena doing tonight?"/"At home with Billy-Ray this evening?"

not exactly ghastly...

that's a really big mic...
Updated On: 12/6/07 at 01:14 AM

Roninjoey Profile Photo
Roninjoey
#8re: Sweeney opening in NYC
Posted: 12/6/07 at 10:19am

Because most people don't particularly enjoy being wheedled for the fine details of their personal lives by total strangers when they're trying to enjoy the latest achievement of their professional life.

Perhaps being associated with the movie, well known in the scene or being friends with S.S. would be good ways to get invited :P

yr ronin,
joey

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#9re: Sweeney opening in NYC
Posted: 12/6/07 at 12:51pm

I was just offered a ticket for a pre-screening tonight at the Ziegfeld and can't go!! Seeing a show this evening. A bit bumed but am excited about the show I am seeing so it is all good.

Just give the world Love.

TomMonster Profile Photo
TomMonster
#10re: Sweeney opening in NYC
Posted: 12/6/07 at 1:24pm

Yup. Being friends with SS is a good way to get invited... re: Sweeney opening in NYC

And as Roninjoey said, it's better not to talk about peoples personal lives when you just meet them.

"It's not so much do what you like, as it is that you like what you do." SS

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana." GMarx

Videos