News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Elphaba.Fabala.Fae

Elphaba.Fabala.Fae Profile Photo
Member Name: Elphaba.Fabala.Fae
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Your favorite line from a cast recording  Aug 9 2007, 07:38:29 PM
"Everytime we dare to give a B, they act like it's some huge atrocity! Yes, even one A-minus gives them headaches of the sinus!"

From the Senioritis cast recording, still in production.

re: Who have you gotten stuff back from?  Aug 5 2007, 10:00:40 AM
I got a headshot signed from Audra on Thursday. It's not personalized and just says "Much Love- Audra McDonald" So I wouldn't give up on her...sounds like she's replying!!

I sent a SASE, so maybe that helped her get back sooner.

re: Washington DC?  Aug 3 2007, 10:52:29 PM
There's also a brand-new musical, Senioritis, premiering at the Kennedy Center August at 7 and August 7 at 1.
I don't know if you'll be in town, but the talent is amazing.
There's a news segment on youtube, search: Senioritis Cappies.

Shameless plug form a co-author, here!

New Musical Written by High School Students Premieres at Kennedy Center!  Jul 16 2007, 11:21:04 AM
For those of you in the DC area August 6 & 7, I'd like to invite you to come see 'Senioritis,' a great new musical that was written by high school students from around the DC area! It is produced by Cappies International Theater.

Senioritis is a musical comedy about real high schools, set in the very competitive world American education has become, satirizing all the many elements that lead to so-called "senioritis." Today’s teenagers suffer anxiety about their relationships, parents, grades, college applications, and ambitions for the future. Many would rather pursue personal goals, but are forced into lives designed to impress others. Feeling burned out, high school seniors sometimes resort to drastic measures and forget about school altogether. This can have very negative consequences when all those years of hard work look like they’re not paying off.

Senioritis will be presented at 1 PM Sunday, August 5, at McLean High School ($10), and at 7 PM Monday, August 6, and at 1 PM Tuesday, August 7, at the Theater Lab of the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts in Washington, D.C. ($20).

Tickets are available for purchase at http://www.cappies.com/tickets.

Also check out cappies.com for info on Starz! and Playz!

re: Who have you gotten stuff back from?  Jun 29 2007, 09:49:34 PM
I think someone asked if anyone had gotten mail from Angela Lansbury, so...
I wrote to her last Thursday, and got a signed DEUCE playbill yesterday. I included a SASE, and she got back to me very quickly!
Hope it helps!

re: Your Favorite TRIO of Performers in a Musical ?  May 28 2007, 06:50:54 PM
Marin Mazzie, Jere Shea, Donna Murphy - Passion

Also loved Michael Cerveris, Patti LuPone & Audra McDonald in the concert version.

re: DRAMA DESK WEBCAST TONITE?? theater mania??  May 20 2007, 11:11:12 PM
did he just say the same thing again..and AGAIN?!
re: favorite female broadway singe  Apr 10 2007, 10:31:37 PM
Celia Keenan Bolger & Patti Lupone
re: The Most Hauntingly Beautiful Images on Stage  Apr 9 2007, 08:19:58 PM
My favorite is from Passion, when Fosca descends down the staircase..ah, chills!

When the barricade in Les Mis turns and we see Enjolras & Gavroche, that's my favorite.
And, lastly, the finale of "Gimme Gimme" when Millie stretches her arms out..I love the lighting in that scene!

re: Little Moments on Cast Recordings That You Love  Oct 28 2006, 10:56:10 PM
There are so many, but my current faves:

Little Women -- In the Fire Within Me, after "Only Beth, sitting contented said, in a tone so sweet, even angels would have listened. But we've got each other." The piano plays "somethings are meant to be" it's so haunting and perfect.

Little Women -- Astonishing, after she sings "Here I go..." the orchestra is crazy, I love that.

A Chorus Line -- Mara Davi's "Oh Darlin' you're not old enough to wear a BRA!"

ACL OBC - "

re: Weirdest comment by an actor?  Oct 27 2006, 09:29:23 PM
Not really a weird comment, but it was my first stage door experience and I didn't really know how to reply.

Todd Buonopane (u/s for Leaf Coneybear at Spelling Bee): So, where are you from?
Me: Virginia, we're spending the weekend in the city.
Todd B.: VIRGINIA!? I made a Virginia comment in the show..
Me: You did? I must have missed it, darn!
Todd: Probably, you didn't laugh.

Outside while talking to Sarah Saltzberg, it was windy and my bag flew away and we bot

re: Is this Sutton & Christian?  Sep 12 2006, 10:15:02 PM
I think it's a little longer than most, but the actual part of the show is pretty short -- but SO worth it!!
The back/ reverse side is "Man in Chairs" book of dreams...that's my favorite part!!

re: Is this Sutton & Christian?  Sep 12 2006, 10:03:52 PM
I hope this is allowed, but I scanned 1/2 the page from the program. ** I guess that's how you do a direct post..:) *

Enjoy!

The Drowsy program is my favorite..so clever!

re: Is this Sutton & Christian?  Sep 12 2006, 09:37:47 PM
In the Drowsy Chaperone program, there's a page about Jane Roberts ( 'played' Janet V.d.G. in Drowsy) and how she was married to the same man ( Christian in the pictures) several times...I love that they used Christian for that...one of the cutest ideas I've ever seen!!
Hope that clarifies a little!

re: Who have you gotten stuff back from?  Sep 5 2006, 07:11:01 AM
I wrote to Beth Leavel a couple of weeks ago, and she sent me a small 3 x 5 note card with the Drowsy Chaperone logo on it, signed -- it looked like the cover of the playbill. I'm sure she would have sent more, but I sent a small envelope. But she responed in less than a month.

Hope that helps!!

re: Best turning point/Breakdown, songs  Aug 30 2006, 06:39:25 PM
Does the end of See, I'm Smilng from L5Y count? Sherie Rene has always blown me away with that one.
And the Fire Within Me from Little Women
Gimme Gimme - TMM
And I think Clara's Interlude is great.

re: Unexpected Showtunes  Aug 11 2006, 10:14:52 AM
I'm sure there are tons, but the only one I can think of is "Heaven Help my Heart" from Chess -- I had always heard the song, but never knew it was from Chess!
re: Songs from shows that *tear* at your heart-strings.  Aug 1 2006, 01:49:09 PM
I have quite a few, but let me try to list 'em
A lot of Lippa's Wild Party, especially Jackie's Last Dance - (The music is just gorgeous, it really tugs at a heartstring)
If I Told You - The Wedding Singer
Without You- Rent
What I Did for Love- A Chorus Line
Not While I'm Around - Sweeney Todd
The last 6 songs of Aida, especially Written in the Stars
There's a Fine, Fine, Line - Avenue Q
My Eyes Adored You, Fallen Angel and Who Loves You - Jersey Boys
Somethin

re: Hilarious Comments Overheard By Tourists and Audience Members  Jul 1 2006, 06:16:12 PM
Haha, this thread is great...

My sister saw The Wild Party in 2000, and she she said there were these two middle aged women who were so excited they were getting to see Mandy Patinkin...

Woman 1: Mandy Patinkin is in this!
Woman 2: Really?!I've heard she's FABULOUS.

aye aye aye...You'd think people would at least look inside the playbill at the headshots!

Kennedy Center Opera House Stage Door  Jun 24 2006, 01:03:21 PM
Hey guys

If this isn't allowed on this thread, I'm sorry and please, feel free to delete. This is my first time posting, though I've been a member for many months. Anyway, I'm going to see Little Women at the Kennedy Center Opera House on July 11, and I was told to meet someone at the stage door. Could anyone tell me where it's located? I've asked a lot of people but no one seems to know, maybe you can help me, thank you so much!
Mags

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You