News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Lats

Lats Profile Photo
Member Name: Lats
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

American In Paris over Hamliton at the Drama League Awards
 May 15 2015, 04:16:51 PM

No surprise here. I've seen them all and overall this is the one I want to see the most again. One of the most beautiful and fulfilling nights I have ever had in the Theatre. And based on the Box Office, I am not alone in that opinion. Hamilton will win Everything next year, as well it should.

FINDING NEVERLAND Reviews
 Apr 15 2015, 11:48:05 PM

I loved the show and spoke to Harvey after the first preview, and thanked him for the successful transition from screen to stage. Saw 13 shows in two weeks this month, and 38 last year. Of course I am not a critic, just a paying audience member.

An American In Paris Looks Strongest In Tony Race
 Apr 15 2015, 11:04:07 PM

Totally agree. I saw the first preview and was wowed every second. An extraordinary achievement, despite all the hate on this site for it. Go figure.

Apr 15 2015, 10:58:50 PM

It is a testament to his consistent cynicism. I saw the first preview. This is a major crowd pleaser, without a flying carpet or a boxing ring. Sorry, but the huge advance is all about word of mouth, and that is very positive. It will be around for awhile.

Apr 15 2015, 10:42:57 PM

Remember Ben Loved Honeymoon In Vegas, the biggest musical bomb of the season, that hung on by a thread for weeks, until it mercifully closed.

AN AMERICAN IN PARIS Reviews
 Apr 13 2015, 08:04:20 PM

Thanks So much for your post, Curious 3. I was there first night of previews and was totally blown away by this breathtakingly brilliant production. I have seen 100's of shows and this is one of the best and most entertaining ever. I was stunned at all the negative and nasty posts advising people to stay away. Who are these people working for? The audience that night was totally capivated. I felt tremendous vindication when the reviews from actual critics praised it from coast to coast. I don

AN AMERICAN IN PARIS Reviews
 Apr 13 2015, 12:50:06 AM

I saw this the first night of previews and was completely blown away by everything the reviews are saying. For 2 weeks I have read mostly negative posts, oh it's different from the movie, too much dancing, and

to avoid seeing it at all costs. Are we here to promote great, inventive theatre or just stroke our egos? Or is ballet inavading Broadway a little intimidating to some?  It's S'Wonderful, S'Marvelous! A must see! 

13 Shows in 14 Days
 Apr 12 2015, 11:01:04 AM

I was expecting to be deeply moved, but found the subject matter too depressing. The buzz was coming of age family musical drama, and when it ended I just felt sad rather then moved, or entertained. I went with two Theatre Geeks and we all felt the same way. Hard to imagine that this will have broad appeal with tourists. But then my favorite show from last season was Big Fish, and we know how that worked out.

13 Shows in 14 Days
 Apr 12 2015, 10:34:29 AM

Back home over a week and time to recap my amazing Theatre adventures. For the sake of space I'll list the shows in order of My enjoyment and say I agree with all the positive posts on the first 10, and all the negative reviews on the last 3. The Winners!

Hamilton, An American In Paris, The Audience, On The Town, Finding Neverland, Broadway Backwards - a one night benefit, Hedwig, Constellations, The Curious Incident Of The Dog, Josephine. And those that underwhelmed me and other p

An American In Paris previews
 Mar 14 2015, 11:20:04 AM
Curious 3, I agree 100%. I have see 12 shows this month, from
Hamilton to Hedwig, including the turgid, threadbare King and I.
This was the most enjoyable of them all. Dazzling to look at and hear,
with some of the best dancing ever. Still have 20th and Neverland
to go this trip.
Meant to be part of original thread. Feel free to move
it. My first time posting.

Peter Pan comments and reviews
 Dec 6 2014, 12:37:42 PM
The New York Times review is the Best recap of this Major Live accomplishment!
"Peter Pan Live"
 Dec 6 2014, 12:33:15 PM
New York Times review is the Best recap of this major live accomplishment!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You