News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Trailer Trash Jones

Trailer Trash Jones Profile Photo
Member Name: Trailer Trash Jones
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Todd Buonopane on '30 Rock'
 Nov 6 2008, 10:34:19 PM
Yeah the hair threw me for a minute too. I an so psyched for him!
Todd Buonopane on "30 Rock"
 Nov 6 2008, 10:03:58 PM
Hey, did anyone else see TB as the mediator between Jane Krakowski & Tracey Morgan? It was funny!!
re: Carols for a Cure Vol. 10 (2008)-review
 Oct 31 2008, 11:58:00 PM
The scoop I got on [tos] was that they submitted a song they had pre-recorded themselves but it was sort or dirty &/or inappropriate for a family audience so it couldn't be used.
re: Carols for a Cure Vol. 10 (2008)-review
 Oct 31 2008, 12:00:27 PM
Wow - great review! I agree on almost everything and cannot stop listening to In the Heights, Phantom, Spring Awakening, Lion King & Jeffry Denman for White Christmas.

My three comments to you review are these:

I'm sure everyone would have preferred to hear Patti or Laura B from Gypsy, but they can't be heard if they don't show up to record!! Neither of them ever do when they're in shows.

Secondly, I know the Little Shop thing is there bc that theater in Long Island helped out with fundraising last year during the strike and raised a lot of money for BC/EFA (check link below). It's not my fav track, not the worst, but it was nice of them to have helped. They're going to collect again this year too, so kudos to them.

http://broadwayworld.com/article/Northport_LITTLE_SHOP_Cast_Joins_Bway_Casts_for_Carols_for_a_Cure_CD_20081016

Lastly, I totally agree that the quasi-classical, a capella tunes are always the weakest (YF). I would way rather hear something that captures the spirit of the cast. I don't know why anyone insists on doing those. This is an opoportunity to be creative and fun and I wish everyone would take it (listen up MDs)!!

re: Carols for a Cure Vol. 10 (2008)
 Oct 14 2008, 12:10:33 AM
Very different versions of each, let's hope!
re: Carols for a Cure Vol. 10 (2008)
 Oct 13 2008, 12:11:09 AM
Eh...I am guessing Vol 10 is more interesting than the first four volumes, bc it is so much more current and the original recordings were short (like 10-12 songs). Anyway, vol 10 is a regular all-new CD (26 new songs) with some extra, older tracks thrown in since it's the 10 yr anniversary.
Carols for a Cure Vol. 10 (2008)
 Oct 11 2008, 12:31:08 PM
Hi - I thought I'd start this thread about the current CD, since the other place I posted was for Vol. 9.

I found this new track list on AmericanTheaterWeb this morning. The article also talked baout how the Billy Elliot track is a new song by Elton John being premiered on the album.

TRACK LIST:

1. Avenue Q - The Eight Loneliest Nights of the Year
2. Altar Boyz - Shepherd’s Fury
3. Billy Elliot - Cold Christmas
4. Grease - The First Noel <

re: Carols for a Cure vol.10
 Oct 11 2008, 12:27:55 PM
I found this track list on AmericanTheaterWeb:

TRACK LIST:

1. Avenue Q - The Eight Loneliest Nights of the Year
2. Altar Boyz - Shepherd’s Fury
3. Billy Elliot - Cold Christmas
4. Grease - The First Noel
5. Gypsy - Room in my Heart
6. Hairspray - Santa’s Comin’ to Town
7. In the Heights - Los Peces en el Rio
8. Jersey Boys - The Birthday of a King/Go Tell It on the Mountain
9. The Lion King - Carol of the Bells
10. The Little Mermai

re: It's official. Hairspray to close!
 Oct 2 2008, 07:03:41 PM
the cast is saying Jan 18 - bummer!
re: Carols for a Cure vol.10 Question
 Sep 15 2008, 11:43:12 PM
Any dish on the new CD? I know Phantom and Spring Awakening have recorded already. Any other scoop?
re: The Gazillion Bubble Show @ New World Stages
 Feb 10 2008, 12:11:57 AM
"The show is now running for at least a year and has no plans to close, so I guess they don't feel that they need to change it much."

Maybe, or maybe that's the reason there were only about 30 people in the audience when we saw it!

re: The Gazillion Bubble Show @ New World Stages
 Feb 9 2008, 10:45:56 PM
OK, well once again, I went to see the Gazillion Bubble Show with my bro from out of town and his kids. I have to say I was pretty psyched to check it out again and I was NOT disappointed! PB ENT., I see Fang Yang and the management got right on top of the "constructive criticisms" made here last year.

I kid. The show was exactly the same, but this time with Fan Yang's wife Anna, who was so sweet and enthusiastic, you couldn't help but root for her to do well. Unfortunately

re: Just saw the Dress Rehersal for Jerry Springer!!!
 Jan 29 2008, 04:30:29 PM
I saw it last night too. I thought HK was brilliant and Max von Essen & Patricia Phillips were highlights for me. I loved it, but I though some of the "ah ah ah" obligatos could be eliminated. Some of them were damn hard and not everyone could sing them, especially with less than 2 weeks of rehearsal. The characters were very well defined. That stage had amazing talent on it! I knew very little going in, but had a great time.
re: An open letter to the Disney Organization (or my 'Little Mermaid Review
 Jan 10 2008, 11:39:47 PM
So reviews are in....not so positive.
 Jan 7 2008, 06:48:51 PM
well maybe, just maybe, that means someone at Disney is reading these posts???
re: Three Mo' Tenors Heading Off-Broadway!
 Jan 7 2008, 06:44:38 PM
I never said it was Shakespeare so calm down. My point is that it is poorly conceived. I feel bad for the great singers & musicians, because they don't shine for the first section and they blow us out of the water for the rest of the show.
re: Three Mo' Tenors Heading Off-Broadway!
 Jan 5 2008, 07:42:40 AM
Has anyone seen this recently? The guys were great, but why all of the mediocre opera and embarrassing out-of-context Les Miz numbers at the top? We almost left. I am glad we didn't, though because the guys were really fun & talented once they pushed through the first 30 minutes and got to the real ensemble stuff that they sang really well. By the end, the entire audience was on it's feet.

Once again, lots of talent on stage, but mediocre, formulaic direction at best.

A

Jan 5 2008, 07:37:46 AM
Sorry guys, I guess what I meant by the "too long" comment was that IF they are gearing it to little kids, which is unclear, then there shouldn't be an intermission. From a viewers standpoint, they hardly needed it. As an adult, I agree the show was pretty short, but I couldn't have taken much more anyway.

One of the overriding problems for me was the seeming lack of concept, which if in place, might help to clear up many of these oddities. Are they trying to please kids & other fa

re: Carols for a Cure vol. 9
 Dec 25 2007, 02:58:26 AM
duh, of course! I forgot to mention "It was Simple Then."

Unbelievably beautiful. Kudos to Jenny Hill (Spamalot) for an exquisite performance. And The guitar and mandolin playing is spectacular!

Dec 24 2007, 12:38:08 PM
Anytime!

The performers themselves seem to be "swimming upstream," if you will, trying to be creative and artistic when they are not being supported by an artistic vision. I really respect them and feel for their predicament!

By all accounts, the major problems haven't been fixed since the out of town tryout. Is it too late to can the director and bring someone else in? I wonder...

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You