News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for justagirl2

justagirl2 Profile Photo
Member Name: justagirl2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

SMASH  Apr 30 2013, 10:36:08 PM
The worst part of Smash's inevitable canceling is the lack of new material to make fun of. This thread gives me life.
SPLASH outshines SMASH  Mar 21 2013, 11:59:57 AM
Yeah, I HATE the Hit List songs. They sound like bad 90s alt (or at least the one from this week did). But maybe it's my hatred of Jeremy Jordan's character and Karen coming through.
Les Miserables: So, what did you think?  Dec 27 2012, 10:45:34 PM
I loved it. Granted, I love Les Miserables anyway and will blindly enjoy any exposure to it, but I was pleased.

Anne Hathaway has never been a favorite of mine, but credit where it's due - she was phenomenal. The most honest Fantine I've ever seen.

I was also really surprised by Eddie Redmayne. I usually detest Marius and hate the fact that he's one of the few that survives, but I loved him in this and he turned "Empty Chairs at Empty Tables" into a new favorite. He was chari

re: New Fame Trailer  Jun 21 2009, 01:16:54 AM
"This looks like junk. They have taken the original and "Center-Staged" it."

Pretty much. Not to mention, it will likely be worse than Center Stage. In metaphorical terms, Center Stage is the best goddamn dancer at the American Ballet Academy. Who the hell is the Fame remake? NOBODY.

I really love the original (thanks mostly...no, entirely, to Irene Cara), so I'm a little bitter about this. I'm sure I'll see it, but it doesn't even look campy in a fun way. Ugh.

re: Degrassi Star Jake Epstein Joins The Cast Of Spring Awakening National  Jun 3 2009, 01:40:12 AM
I am...not a fan of Spring Awakening, to say the least, but I think I'll be making a trip to see this! I went through a big Degrassi (more specifically, Craig) phase five or six years ago. Gosh, I could just get all nostalgic and fangirly over this!
re: 'I Don't Get It': Well-Liked Performers You Don't Enjoy  Jun 2 2009, 01:20:55 AM
Kelli O'Hara. She has a beautiful voice and is very lovely, but...for me, that's all there is to it. I didn't see that fiery spark that draws me to other performers. There is no doubt that she's extremely talented, but I'll have to jump on the "boring" bandwagon.

Kristin and Idina, too.

Schmerg, I'm actually with you on female performers. Too often, I think "oh, they don't make me want to rip my ears off. I guess that means they're good." I much prefer (and am wowed by) male vo

American Idiot  Mar 31 2009, 01:43:09 AM
I'm not a fan of Green Day, but I DO love rock and rock operas. I think it's really exciting that "punk" (I hesitate to call Green Day that, but go with it) is making its way on stage. I hope this is successful...if anything, it's fresh and relevant. Cool. I'd see it.
re: John 'Uncle Jesse' Stamos cast in Roundabout's Bye Bye Birdie?  Mar 31 2009, 12:31:22 AM
God, he's gorgeous. I hate Bye Bye Birdie, but if I wasn't poor...I think I'd cough it up to go see him.
re: Zac Efrons comment that kids who watch HSM brought back musicals  Mar 30 2009, 11:38:37 PM
Really? People are really upset over this?

As everyone else has said, much more eloquently than I ever could, he was speaking...to kids. Thanking them. High School Musical is incredibly successful whether "theater people" want to admit it or not. I grew up with the Disney musical which, while far better made than HSM, was not realistic. They were cartoons, they were princesses. Talking crickets. It's not something you can necessarily relate to, but it is something you can enjoy. High Sc

re: Zac Efron Bows Out of Footloose Remake!  Mar 24 2009, 12:19:16 PM
I'm with Phyllis and Schmerg. I thought this was a really good vehicle for him, and though he's no DiCaprio, I think he's got a little potential there. He's the most talented in the High School Musicals (in my non-target-market opinion at least...and I know that isn't saying a lot, but work with me here), and I also think dancing is his strong suit as evidenced by that "Boys Are Back" number in HSM3. I loathe Footloose with every fiber of my being, but I think he could have pulled it off. If the
re: Nine - First look!  Jan 29 2009, 01:54:37 AM
This just made me even more excited. Nine is my favorite musical (faults and all), and I have a good feeling about this one. I actually think Fergie looks perfect...grotesque, intimidating, a little nuts...I love it. I'm still not sold on Nicole Kidman, but I won't write her off just yet.

Sophia Loren is one of my heroes, so I obviously think she looks fantastic. And Penelope Cruz (another actress I idolize) playing my favorite role? Jackpot.

besty, you're right. Those bo

re: What is your LEAST favorite musical ever?  Jul 5 2008, 08:57:43 PM
Bye Bye Birdie
The Music Man
Wicked (not because of fan girls or whatever, but because I genuinely did not enjoy myself in the slightest)

re: Popular Shows you don't like  Jun 6 2008, 03:01:24 PM
Wicked
The Lion King
The Music Man

re: Why we should not have high school productions of POTO.  Apr 10 2008, 05:26:23 PM
That's hilarious.
re: Shows You Disliked But Now Love:  Feb 14 2008, 03:32:53 PM
It took a lot for me to warm up to Hair, but I think I finally have.
re: If you had to pick a band/artist for a jukebox musical...  Feb 12 2008, 05:23:50 PM
Oh, Talking Heads would be fab! "Once In a Lifetime"...
re: If you had to pick a band/artist for a jukebox musical...  Feb 12 2008, 04:59:08 PM
Aerosmith would be fun, and would probably work very well. They have SO much to choose from.

I kind of want Ben Folds to compose a musical based on "Steven's Last Night In Town." It'd be brilliant, I tell you.

re: ALW's Phantom @ Milford HS in Fairfield, Ohio  Feb 11 2008, 01:47:34 PM
Oh, hooray. My college is about a half hour away, and my best friend here at school went to Fairfield. I'm totally dragging her to go see it.
re: 'What's your favorite show?' -- what answer would be the biggest turnof  Jan 22 2008, 02:58:05 PM
It's horrible and shallow of me, but probably Wicked.

Dig a little deeper. There ARE better shows out there! It's not even my least favorite, but I feel like it's sort of an easy way out.

re: Schwartz: HUNCHBACK Next for Broadway?  Jan 12 2008, 12:46:32 AM
I agree...it would be masterpiece if they went all out and embraced the darkness of it. I mean, do many kids even like the movie to begin with?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You