News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Billboard Girl

Billboard Girl Profile Photo
Member Name: Billboard Girl
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Is Michael Balderrama the Highlight of Hot Feet?
 May 18 2006, 03:26:11 PM
I definitely thought his performance in Hot Feet was one of the bright spots in a generally terrible show.
re: Favorite quote from Dirty Rotten Scoundrels?
 May 8 2006, 06:48:04 PM
My favorite line is during the scene where Freddy and Lawrence first meet on the train. I'm not sure if this is the exact wording...

Freddy: Do you know what it feels like to take a woman for $20?
Lawrence: I believe that's a bit out of my price range.

It's such a hilarious double entendre.

re: What is your personality type?
 May 7 2006, 12:32:44 AM
INFJ. I think the description fits me fairly well.
re: Last 10 Shows You've Seen
 May 4 2006, 10:58:07 PM
The Drowsy Chaperone
[title of show]
The Wedding Singer
Avenue Q
Rent
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
Barefoot In The Park
I Love You Because
Jersey Boys
The Music Teacher

re: What show (that you haven't yet seen) would you turn down a free ticket
 Apr 5 2006, 08:23:18 PM
Ring Of Fire
re: Jersey Boys quote questions.
 Apr 3 2006, 06:40:14 PM
I think that before the "third thing" part, he said something about never lying to your mother or telling the truth to your wife.
re: I love you because--last number in the first act
 Mar 30 2006, 01:05:11 AM
"Just Not Now"
re: Which shows will close next?
 Mar 22 2006, 09:59:45 PM
Whoever said the Pajama Game is likely to close soon is out of their minds. It's been running near, at, or above full capacity for almost as long as it's been open. Highly unlikely candidate for closing.

Except that it's a limited engagement. Its closing date has already been set.

re: Dancer Sues 'Movin' Out' For Firing Over Breasts
 Mar 22 2006, 12:17:37 AM
Speaking from personal experience, size 0 (or 00, for that matter) and D cup are not mutually exclusive categories (although most clothing manufacturers seem to think they are, but that's another story). However, suddenly going up a cup size when you're in your 20s and presumably done with puberty seems a tad fishy.
re: New Playbill Record label
 Mar 19 2006, 01:00:02 PM
Here's an article about it that ran in the latest issue of Billboard:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060318/media_nm/playbill_dc_1

re: When did RENT stop putting understudy slips in the Playbills?
 Mar 17 2006, 07:05:55 PM
I've seen the show 3 times since October and all 3 times there was a piece of paper in the Playbill listing who would be playing each role in that day's performance.
re: Famous Alumni
 Mar 16 2006, 11:29:22 PM
Famous alums from my high school include Richard Rodgers, Ira Gershwin, Frank Loesser, and Yip Harburg.
re: I went in a skeptic, and came out a believer
 Mar 16 2006, 06:12:18 PM
Jersey Boys. I went in not expecting much, but I liked it so much that I want to see it again.
re: Easy Lottos to Win
 Mar 15 2006, 10:32:31 PM
Yeah, I was happy for RENT but sad for me and my inability to get tickets.
re: Easy Lottos to Win
 Mar 15 2006, 10:24:39 PM
Also, is it easy to get SRO tickets for RENT or Spelling Bee AFTER the lotto's are over or are they most likely going to be sold out of SRO tickets before the lotto?

I've tried the RENT lotto twice this week and not only was it hella crowded both times, the lotto guy announced afterwards that the show was completely sold out for that night - including the SRO tickets.

re: Kanye West Movie... Musical?
 Mar 15 2006, 10:19:57 PM
Oh god..is this the same person that made that "Closet" music video or whatever that was?

No, that's R. Kelly, better known for other videos, if ya get my drift.

re: Kanye West Movie... Musical?
 Mar 15 2006, 10:04:12 PM
Interesting. This could either be f**king amazing or entertaining in its total trainwreck-ness. It all depends on whether Kanye can keep his massive ego in check in order to let his music take center stage.
re: 'Sweeney Todd' - get familiar before?
 Mar 15 2006, 06:24:12 PM
I always try to go into shows not knowing the story or the music, I think it adds to the experience.

Same here. There's something to be said for the thrill of discovery, particularly in a show like Sweeney where there are such powerful moments of revelation. Then once you've seen a show and enjoyed it, it's fun to go back and try to pick up on the little clues you may have missed the first time around now that you know what's coming.

re: Dirty Rotten Scoundrels 3/14/06
 Mar 14 2006, 11:56:39 PM
Gillman was in as Freddy when I saw DRS a couple of months ago and I thought he was phenomenal. Then again, that was the only time I've seen it so I didn't have Norbert's performance to compare him to.
Unpopular Opinions You Hold
 Mar 12 2006, 10:32:41 PM
I saw Gypsy and was kind of bored by it. I thought the cast was very talented and I enjoyed the music, I just found the actual plot not all that interesting.

I liked The Music Teacher and found it quite thought-provoking (I don't know if this is an unpopular opinion with BWWers, but the play was pretty much universally panned by the critics).

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You