News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for pippin2

pippin2 Profile Photo
Member Name: pippin2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Patti is out today
 May 4 2008, 08:29:37 PM
Saw the show last night, Patti did not appear to be sick at all. She, Laura, and Boyd were all absolutely fantastic. All three seem to get better and better every time I see it. Leigh Ann sounded fabulous, though I worry that perhaps she's starting to take the dead-pan, over enunciation shtick to a degree where its more distracting than funny. Happy to hear that Lenora did a good job.
re: Bare: The Complete Studio Recording (With Review!)
 Nov 27 2007, 01:44:48 PM
As a huge fan of the NYC production, it shocks me to hear the indifference with which it is met by the creators and some of the cast. That said, would anyone be willing to PM me and help me get my hands on a recording of the LA production? I've never heard it and would love to hear the beginnings of the piece.
re: Gypsy
 Jul 9 2007, 11:05:47 PM
Thrilling and overwhelming are the only words I can ascribe to tonight's performance. Patti was in top voice and fierce as hell as she nearly tore the roof off the theater with her last "me" in Rose's Turn. Her acting was spot on and riveting to watch. Laura Benanti seems a bit too old in the earlier scenes, but makes up for it by making a brilliant transformation to Gypsy Rose Lee. Her scene with Patti before Rose's Turn was the best I've ever seen it done. So much all around praise for this pr
re: HAIRSPRAY Movie Full Song and Music Clip!
 Jun 16 2007, 09:37:22 PM
The producers seem to have gone a little heavy on the pitch correcter. It pretty much sounds like the computer is singing for most of them. Yawn.
re: The Official TONY Random Comments Thread.
 Jun 11 2007, 12:04:46 AM
The manic jumping around and "blah blah blahs" of Spring Awakening's performance really made the evening for me. Best Score and Best Choreography for sure....
re: Soprano and Baritone/Tenor Duets
 May 24 2007, 12:30:28 AM
Follow Your Heart from Urinetown.
re: Who should play Morticia Addams?
 May 22 2007, 02:41:19 PM
Barbara Walsh
re: Sunset Blvd Changes Question
 May 14 2007, 07:46:06 PM
Did anyone see Rita Moreno as Norma? I recall reading online somewhere that played the role for a brief engagement.
re: Grey Gardens 4/7 2PM Review w/ Maureen Moore (With Text This Time)
 Apr 8 2007, 06:13:29 PM
I didn't think much of Asa Somers as Gould. He wasn't at all inadequate, but he certainly wasn't a standout either. The dynamic between Stillman and Ebersole makes Gould a more interesting character to watch than with Moore and Somers; and Stillman's voice sounds beautiful in Drift Away. I also would like to add how wonderful Erin Davie was at yesterday's performance. I have always enjoyed her interpretation of Little Edie in Act 1, and she was especially on yesterday, giving me chills during Da
Grey Gardens 4/7 2PM Review w/ Maureen Moore (With Text This Time)
 Apr 8 2007, 12:27:26 AM
I was happy to snag a student ticket to this afternoon's performance of Grey Gardens. Having seen the show twice already with Christine Ebersole, I was eager to see standby Maureen Moore's take on this already legendary performance. Fans of the show will be glad to know that Moore does an admirable job tackling the dual roles of Little/Big Edie, bringing her own quirks and nuances to the roles which distinguish her overall performance from Christine's. In Act 1 she does not depart much from Chri
re: Stephanie J. Block as Cassie in ACL
 Feb 28 2007, 01:35:18 PM
Is it just me or do people picture Sutton Foster in EVERY role imaginable on this board. I understand she is an immense talent, but what's next, Sutton Foster in Hamlet?
re: Julia Murney as Eva Peron?
 Feb 10 2007, 11:08:58 PM
The thought of Espinosa screeching her way through that score already makes my ears hurt. I would absolutely love to see Leslie Kritzer get a shot at alternate. I remember reading in an interview how she's played the role before, and given her brilliant performance as Patti at Les Mouches (where she sounded better than Patti herself at times IMO), I think she has definitely proven that she has the vocal range.
re: Wicked Kendra Question (I know you're thinking not another one)
 Dec 17 2006, 10:59:55 AM
I have always found the casting of Kendra as Glinda to be a little odd. Although she is very funny, she is essentially an alto trying to sing a role written for a soprano.
A Chorus Line 11/15 8PM
 Nov 16 2006, 05:25:24 PM
Tried the lottery on a whim last night and was quite surprised when I won. I went into the show having never seen it before (I was only 8 when it closed in the nineties) but with some knowledge of the score. I did enjoy the show, however I do agree with what most reviews have said about it. It ultimately feels empty and lacks the passion that it requires to really soar.
I was relatively unimpressed with the cast's vocals. With the exception of Natalie Cortez and Mara Davi, some of the solos

re: The next Elphaba?
 Oct 30 2006, 12:05:52 AM
I just listened to some "clips" of both Victoria Matlock and Maria Eberline, two standbys (?) for the tour, and all I can say is I think the producers can definitely do much better than these two in looking for someone to promote...
re: The next Elphaba?
 Oct 29 2006, 09:30:17 PM
I'd love to see Saycon promoted to lead, she's extremely talented and has been standby for quite some time now.
re: killer tenor song?
 Sep 10 2006, 09:29:47 PM
"Being Alive" from Company can be absolutely breathtaking when sang in a tenor key, there are some really big notes in the last 16 bars of that song.
re: Just back from first London 'Wicked' preview..........
 Sep 10 2006, 07:17:18 PM
Regarding Idina performing while ill - didn't this wreak havoc on her vocal chords early on in her Broadway run?
re: 'High School Musical' not one of the best?...WTF!
 Sep 10 2006, 03:19:40 PM
This thread has no place on the Broadway discussion board...
re: The Pillowman Question
 Sep 8 2006, 11:18:03 PM
Don't think the stories would work on their own. I can't imagine the reaction of an audience to "The Little Jesus" without any context.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You