News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Marissa2

Marissa2 Profile Photo
Member Name: Marissa2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: http://www.myspace.com/rissness
Blog Address: http://www.livejournal.com/~aikz4clay

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Little Mermaid Rush
 Jun 12 2009, 12:49:45 AM
Me and two of my friends want to attempt to rush tomorrow... Friday evening show. For anybody who's rushed, what time do you think we should get there? I won't be able to meet them till mid-afternoon, and don't want to bother running over there if I won't be able to get tickets. We were thinking of trying TKTS but I don't know if that's really worth it either...
re: RENT Filmed Live On Broadway to DVD/Blue-Ray -- Feb 3 (and bonus featur
 Nov 25 2008, 07:23:31 PM
I avoided cameras as much as possible the last two days, but I have a bad feeling I didn't do the best possible job.. I ended up right in front of cameras without realizing it a couple of times. I can't wait for this DVD though, especially all the bonus footage!
re: First show you saw alone..
 Oct 24 2008, 11:24:24 AM
The only time I've ever seen a show alone was Rent, the Saturday matinee before the show closed. I won the Finale B contest, and only got one ticket. It was a good experience for me to be alone one of the last times I saw it, and I got to observe the audience around me better than I could when I was with someone.
re: It's official. Hairspray to close!
 Oct 3 2008, 06:30:59 PM
"^ Marrissa2, don't pick another favorite show! Stop your path of Broadway destruction. "

Don't worry, I really don't have any particular favorite anymore, all of my favorite shows are closing or have closed in the past few years.

...though I'm thinking of re-evaluating myself and making Wicked my favorite

re: It's official. Hairspray to close!
 Oct 2 2008, 07:26:00 PM
First Rent, my favorite show, closes. Now Hairspray, my next favorite show?! All in the matter of months. This sucks.
re: Equus Stage Door Question......
 Oct 1 2008, 10:13:20 PM
They had posters, t-shirts, keychains, hats, and beanies, all with the logo picture on them. I'm not positive, but I don't think I saw any programs.
re: Equus Stage Door Question......
 Sep 30 2008, 11:34:01 AM
They don't come out on two show days, but the person at the stagedoor was VERY nice to my friends and I when we spoke to him. He told us if we came back later that night, we'd be able to show our tickets from the afternoon and still be able to get into the barricades so the cast could sign for us. None of us were able to stay in the city so late, but I think it's very nice of them to offer that option.
re: I Love ( ) and I'm not ashamed!!
 Sep 29 2008, 12:38:27 AM
The Wedding Singer
Tarzan
The Little Mermaid

re: Anyone here seeing RENT in movie theatres?
 Sep 23 2008, 04:40:35 PM
For some reason, my bladder hates me when I'm at a Broadway show. By intermission, I'm usually hurting from just how badly I've gotta go... though I could go hours and hours without going normally. So, I may have to make a bathroom run during the movie as well. We'll see how it goes.

...I'm sure you all appreciated a post about my bladder. Lack of sleep my friends.

re: Anyone here seeing RENT in movie theatres?
 Sep 23 2008, 01:41:22 PM
I'm seeing it on Sunday, even though I was at the last show. I'm really curious how much of the footage will be from the actual last show, and how much of it will be from the taping they did in August. I have a feeling it much more, if not almost all, will be from August, but I have no clue how I'd actually be able to tell...

One of my friends heard from somewhere that they filmed intermission, just left a camera pointed at the stage or something, and that they were actually going to pu

re: Closings Poll
 Sep 23 2008, 01:38:48 PM
1. Which closing was the hardest for you?
Rent, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, Beauty and the Beast

2. What show were you secretly glad was closing?
Les Mis.

3. What show currently on Broadway would you be the most sad if it closed?
Hairspray, [title of show], In The Heights, Spring Awakening

4. What closing shows have you attended?
Rent

5. How many closings have you cried about?
Just 1, Rent.

re: Flea Market Pik-A-Tkt exchange
 Sep 22 2008, 02:47:35 PM
I got a voucher for two tickets to 39 Steps if anyone is interested in trading. It's for all Tuesday/Weds/Thursday performances at 7/8 in September and October, and every Sunday performance at 3. I go to college in Maryland, and would never be able to see the show myself, so I'm interested if anyone got tickets that aren't on those days that I could actually go to.. otherwise, I'm going to gift the tickets to my parents.
re: So what did we all buy?
 Sep 22 2008, 09:49:01 AM
I got my Playbills at a table where they were all 10 cents each.
re: So what did we all buy?
 Sep 22 2008, 12:07:06 AM
-Won 2 tickets to 39 Steps! I don't win anything EVER, so I was quite excited.. even though there's a very slim chance I'll actually be able to use them.
-Rent slider- Todd Pettiford
-Rent sign-in sheet from the week that I first saw the show and a candle
-T-shirts- Beauty & The Beast, Wicked
-Signed Hairspray can
-Playbills: Dirty Rotten Scoundrels OBC, The Apple Tree, Hair (from the summer), and High Fidelity

All of that for $54. It was my first time there,

[TOS} to close October 12
 Sep 20 2008, 12:32:24 AM
This is quite depressing... I'm so glad I saw it when I had the chance a couple of weeks ago.
re: The hardest you ever laughed/cried.
 Sep 16 2008, 05:12:45 PM
Laughed- Definitely Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. I saw it twice, one of the times being Norbert and Jonathan's last show. All About Reprecht and the whole scene before... I was hysterically crying from laughing so hard.

Cried- Final performance of Rent. I cried throughout the show, but definitely the most during I'll Cover You (Reprise), along with the majority of the audience. I lost it again during Finale B too, the people sitting around me were probably thinking I was insane for what I m

re: What's the most number of times you've seen one show?
 Sep 9 2008, 07:24:55 PM
Rent-13
Hairspray- 4

Those are the only shows I ever saw more than twice.

re: September 7th 2008 Rent's Final Broadway Performance
 Sep 9 2008, 12:10:57 AM
I know he's lying.. but it's even better that I have evidence. I'm sure he'll come back saying it was a totally different person though.. oh of course.
re: The Search For Scott: RENT EDITION
 Sep 8 2008, 11:59:31 PM
I just posted in the other thread. I bought my tickets from Scott. He didn't give out any free tickets, he only had 4 to begin with. I got 2, someone else got the third one, and he used the 4th one himself to see the show. The End.
re: September 7th 2008 Rent's Final Broadway Performance
 Sep 8 2008, 11:53:30 PM
This could be shear coincidence, but I figured I might as well share.

I got my tickets to the show through someone named Scott as well, who is a teacher. He had 4 tickets to the show, and I bought 2 of them from him. He sold another one after the lotto ended, and had ONE ticket left. He told me if he didn't sell it, he was going to attend the show himself, and I saw him getting in line to get into the theater while I was waiting in line. And all of his tickets were rear mezz, he showe

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You