pixeltracker

[title of show] closing October 12

[title of show] closing October 12

insertclevernamehere Profile Photo
insertclevernamehere
#1[title of show] closing October 12
Posted: 9/19/08 at 8:23pm

https://www.broadwayworld.com/viewcolumn.cfm?colid=32793

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention...I'm the good cop, he's the bad cop.

insertclevernamehere Profile Photo
insertclevernamehere
#2re: [title of show] to Close on Broadway October 12
Posted: 9/19/08 at 8:24pm

So we all posted that at exactly the same time. Not weird at all...

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention...I'm the good cop, he's the bad cop.

NGD2225 Profile Photo
NGD2225
#2re: [title of show] to Close on Broadway October 12
Posted: 9/19/08 at 8:24pm

NOOOOOO!!!!! WHY WHY!!!!! XANADU NOW [tos]!!!

ThankstoPhantom
#3re: [title of show] to Close on Broadway October 12
Posted: 9/19/08 at 8:26pm

Not shocked, but that is too bad. No matter what one's thoughts may be on the piece, it is undeniably a labor of love for all involved.

How to properly use its/it's: Its is the possessive. It's is the contraction for it is...

Maurice Profile Photo
Maurice
#4re: [title of show] to Close on Broadway October 12
Posted: 9/19/08 at 8:30pm

I hate hearing this.. First XANADU, now TITLE OF SHOW... When will the madness end? I'll admit I'm being a little melodramatic, but really come on...

"I'm a whirling mass of contradictions." - Douglas Carter Beane, The Little Dog Laughed

Equus (11/8), Billy Elliot (11/8)

Elphaba43
#5re: [title of show] to Close on Broadway October 12
Posted: 9/19/08 at 8:31pm

This is MADNESS!!! I've been dying to see [tos]!!! I'm so close to getting my own ticket! CRAP!!

I am a bagel on a plateful of onion rolls. If you know what I'm talking about, good. If you don't, you're on your own!

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#6re: [title of show] to Close on Broadway October 12
Posted: 9/19/08 at 8:32pm

Well, Maurice, there are many that would argue that the "madness" was in actually opening XANADU or {TOS} on Broadway. Obviously ten or fifteen years ago, when Off Broadway was actually still a feasible commodity that never would have happened. Both shows will have long afterlifes in regional/community/high school theatre so thats the good news.

koolaid mustache Profile Photo
koolaid mustache
#7re: [title of show] to Close on Broadway October 12
Posted: 9/19/08 at 8:33pm

So Sad to hear

Thanks Goodness I planned my trip from October 2-16

Long live [tos]
dreams come true:)

25 shows in 14 days folks, anything is possible!

winter_sky Profile Photo
winter_sky
#8re: [title of show] to Close on Broadway October 12
Posted: 9/19/08 at 8:34pm

Honestly it has not been a good season for me. First Cry Baby (I miss Spencer's...yeah. Also Alli Mauzey and Christopher Hanke), then Passing Strange, then ACL, then RENT, then HAIR (but yay for it opening on broadway) then Xanadu now [tos].

re: [title of show] to Close on Broadway October 12

koolaid mustache Profile Photo
koolaid mustache
#9re: [title of show] to Close on Broadway October 12
Posted: 9/19/08 at 8:36pm

and the discount only goes until oct.9

so no discount for the last 3 days
re: [title of show] to Close on Broadway October 12

25 shows in 14 days folks, anything is possible!

EugLoven Profile Photo
EugLoven
#10re: [title of show] to Close on Broadway October 12
Posted: 9/19/08 at 8:36pm

Congratulations on a loved and acclaimed run, [tos].

heathurr2 Profile Photo
heathurr2
#11re: [title of show] to Close on Broadway October 12
Posted: 9/19/08 at 8:39pm

BALLS!!!
I have been planning since June to come to NY the weekend of Oct. 12-13th TO SEE [TOS]!
I don't know if it's going to happen. But now it has to, I can't miss this show.

"As we all should probably have learned by now, to be a Stephen Sondheim fan is to have one's heart broken at regular intervals" - Frank Rich

"I think it's appropriate: iSondheim - a Sondheim for the new generation! (wailing guitar riff) Get your kids hooked early on Sondheim, so they'll grow up to be just as emotionally stilted and self-conscious as we are! - BustopherPhantom

wicked_beast4 Profile Photo
wicked_beast4
#12re: [title of show] to Close on Broadway October 12
Posted: 9/19/08 at 8:41pm

YES! Finally!! I love the cast, but the show itself doesn't do it for me.

"He found something that he wanted, had always wanted and always would want— not to be admired, as he had feared; not to be loved, as he had made himself believe; but to be necessary to people, to be indispensable." -F. Scott Fitzgerald's This Side of Paradise

Michael Bennett
#13re: [title of show] to Close on Broadway October 12
Posted: 9/19/08 at 8:42pm

This could have run longer with better marketing. I'm just saying...
Updated On: 9/19/08 at 08:42 PM

Michael Bennett
#14re: [title of show] to Close on Broadway October 12
Posted: 9/19/08 at 8:43pm

Shame on you Wickedbeast. Shall we say YES! FINALLY!! when 13 announces its closing in January?

afaye11
#15re: [title of show] to Close on Broadway October 12
Posted: 9/19/08 at 8:45pm

I just got my tickets for the last show. I cannot believe this, it is such an incredible show.

coolkid11776
#16re: [title of show] to Close on Broadway October 12
Posted: 9/19/08 at 8:46pm

How do we know 13 is closing?

Rent The best show on Broadway. I was at the closing. BEST night of my Life. April 29th 1996-September 7th 2008 12 years of love "No Day But Today"

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#17re: [title of show] to Close on Broadway October 12
Posted: 9/19/08 at 8:46pm

I don't particularly care for [tos] either but you should never be glad a show is closing.

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

wicked_beast4
#18re: [title of show] to Close on Broadway October 12
Posted: 9/19/08 at 8:48pm

Okay, I'm sorry. I am just happy that a new show can finally have a theatre. It had a good run, and I am happy for all of the performers. Sorry to all you tossers!!!

"He found something that he wanted, had always wanted and always would want— not to be admired, as he had feared; not to be loved, as he had made himself believe; but to be necessary to people, to be indispensable." -F. Scott Fitzgerald's This Side of Paradise

wicked_beast4
#19re: [title of show] to Close on Broadway October 12
Posted: 9/19/08 at 8:49pm

coolkid, we don't, he was just using a show I like in a comeback against my comment.

VonTussleGirl Profile Photo
VonTussleGirl
#20re: [title of show] to Close on Broadway October 12
Posted: 9/19/08 at 8:52pm

This really bums me out - mediocre shows can run for years, but when a wonderful little piece like this comes along, it gets a 100-show run.

Of course, that's how the business goes, but the fact remains that [tos] is infinitely better than many shows whose runs will have outlived its own.

frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
#21re: [title of show] to Close on Broadway October 12
Posted: 9/19/08 at 8:52pm

This could have run longer with better marketing.

How about marketing period? Aside from the banner ads on this site I didn't see a stitch of advertising for this show... Unless we're counting the [title of show] show on youtube.

ashley0139
#22re: [title of show] to Close on Broadway October 12
Posted: 9/19/08 at 8:53pm

This is very sad. And I can't go to the final show. re: [title of show] to Close on Broadway October 12

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

TulitaPepsi Profile Photo
TulitaPepsi
#23re: [title of show] to Close on Broadway October 12
Posted: 9/19/08 at 8:54pm

My heart just broke.

I am there on the 12th.

"Hurry up and get into your conga clothes - we've got to do something to save this show!"