News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for StateOfJade

StateOfJade Profile Photo
Member Name: StateOfJade
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The Official Passing Strange Love Thread!  Mar 6 2009, 06:11:15 AM
"Any news on what's happening with the movie?"

This is only word of (Heidi's) mouth but apparently there may be some sort of NY premiere in the future...when, I have no idea. I can only hope it's soon!

Have fun at the concert :)

re: Two Songs from Brand New PETER PAN MUSICAL!!!  Jan 21 2009, 06:39:49 PM
The show is called 'Darling' by Ryan Scott Oliver and it is now premiering at Pace. The story is based on Peter Pan, but it is not 'Peter Pan the Musical'. The music is GORGEOUS. Here are 2 songs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4XgX4NfLD4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKb2owk0J9M&feature=PlayList&p=FAE757DC5576A9AC&index=0

re: Natalie Weiss  Jan 8 2009, 07:41:36 PM
So first you think she's overrated and then you think she's too good for pop stardom? We get it, you don't like her. Don't watch her videos, then. And if/when she has an album, don't buy it.
The Official Passing Strange Love Thread!  Jan 8 2009, 07:43:24 AM
You guys are going?
re: Natalie Weiss  Jan 8 2009, 07:39:27 AM
Good God this thread is ridiculous...what a bunch of bitchy pessimists! This girl hasn't even started a career with her music yet and already people are harshly judging her. I don't really like or dislike her, but hell if she wants to pursue a career in music, then good luck to her. She's definitley can outsing Britney and all the other talentless hookers that are on the radio.
re: RENT tour thread  Jan 8 2009, 07:29:29 AM
Celra, do us all a favor-go crawl back inside the mama who bore you and stay there. You give a bad name to theater fans. You are rude, disrespectful, obnoxious and clearly proud of your behavior. I'm sure the actors would also be offended and disgusted to know that you get up and 'take a piss' during the show because you dislike a show. Someone should post a wanted sign for you at the stagedoor so they know to look out for you.
re: BROADWAY SPEAKS OUT  Jan 5 2009, 08:54:10 PM
I am hecka excited! I just reserved my ticket.

Oh, and Piraguadouche? Allison Guinn, Saycon Sengbloh, and Anthony Hollock are all on broadway with HAIR. Brian Charles Rooney was in 'The Threepenny Opera'. And Michael Burbach is a very talented young man who was recently in a production of RENT. They are far from 'nobodies'. You're just jealous that no one wants to interview you .

re: Boy's Night at FUERZABRUTA  Jan 5 2009, 09:04:07 AM
^Greatest. Post. Ever.
re: Broadway Ushers  Jan 5 2009, 09:02:00 AM
I'm an usher for an off-broadway theater and I also ushered Shakespeare in the Park this past summer. I always try to be peppier than usual...you're actually instructed to LOOK approachable (some people don't take this advice, though)). I've definitley had some awful expiriences with patrons, though. Though some are exciting, like the time a guy peed in a cup in the middle of a Sondheim musical.

re: Work at the Nederlander  Jan 5 2009, 08:58:08 AM
You mean there was a show at the Neder before RENT? Blasphemy!
re: Dumpters after shows close?  Jan 5 2009, 08:57:17 AM
A bunch of RENTheads went dumpster diving...apparently they took home actual chairs from the theater. In my opinion...a little excessive. And creepy. Though to crawl around with the rats and dog**** just to get a drumstick...now that's devotion, #1 fan status.
re: Work at the Nederlander  Jan 5 2009, 08:52:20 AM
Ahh so Celdra, you're one of the dumbasses that wrote inappropriate sexual comments on the walls? I pity the fool that birthed you.
re: Passing Strange - Favorite Song?  Dec 27 2008, 11:55:05 PM
That's a toughie...the 'It's Alright' part of Keys was the most intense, electrifying moment I've ever had in a theater (each time I saw it).

Closely followed by 'Stoned'.

I always enjoyed 'Church Blues Revelation'. And 'Work the Wound' is beautiful. But I really loved ALL of the songs. There really wasn't one I didn't like.

re: Hair Cast?  Dec 26 2008, 12:00:37 AM
Oh, if only that were funny...

Claude and Sheila have been cast with relatively 'big' names in the theater world. Julie Reiber isn't one of them. And I believe an 'uknown' has been cast as Dionne. I've heard they're expanding the ensemble as well. Can't wait to see it!

re: TWILIGHT THE MUSICAL!!!  Nov 29 2008, 02:52:58 PM
The workshop is already in the works.
re: Macy's Parade- WHERE IS HAIR???  Nov 27 2008, 10:43:37 AM
Um how did I miss them? I haven't changed the channel at all.
re: Macy's Parade- WHERE IS HAIR???  Nov 27 2008, 10:21:22 AM
They should be on in 20.
re: Where has de'Adre aziza been?  Nov 25 2008, 09:02:25 PM
She's not currently performing in anything.
re: 'Hedwig'- One Nite Only! 11/24/08- BB Kings- $10 Tix !!  Nov 25 2008, 09:00:31 PM
Just as I feared, I was terribly underwhelmed by this performance. Jonathan Whitton did what I like to call 'elphabize' the role. He did all these unnecessary riffs in all of the songs (which you could barely hear because the band was so loud). He played the role too stereotypically 'drag queen'. Hedwig is NOT just a bitchy queen. She has more depth than that. What I like about John Cameron Mitchell is that as Hedwig, I thought of him as a human being-not just a transvestite. The acting was also
re: Which '13' Cast Member...  Oct 19 2008, 03:36:34 AM
Ariana Grande and Brynn Williams. And Eamon Foley. May his voice never deepen.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You