News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for guitargeek0624

guitargeek0624 Profile Photo
Member Name: guitargeek0624
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: http://guitargeek0624.livejournal.com/
Blog Address:
Profile: Not much to say about me, honestly. I'm Marisa. As you can tell by my username, I am an avid guitarist. I love the arts - theater, music, creative writing, etc. That's about it!

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Benjamin Eakeley Love Thread!  Jun 28 2006, 03:01:52 PM
I saw him play Anthony in Sweeney in February, and he was great! My family and I were talking to him at the stage door, and it turns out that his family is from my town. My dad used to work with his dad.
re: Most insignificant title role?  Jun 18 2006, 11:34:50 PM
"rent2
n.
*An opening made by rending; a rip.
*A breach of relations between persons or groups; a rift."

Again, it wasn't my idea. I explained to my friend that it has multiple meanings, but she only took it at face value.

Hence the shrug.

re: Most insignificant title role?  Jun 18 2006, 10:32:48 PM
A friend of mine argues that RENT's name is rather pointless, since they only talk about owing rent in the title song and it's not mentioned in such detail for the rest of the show.

*shrug*

re: Jersey Boys Seating Question  Jun 17 2006, 12:46:52 PM
I just got Jersey Boys tickets last night for September, and our seats are 10-12, Row K of the right mezzanine. Are they that bad? I mean, the music for me would be the most important part, but actually being able to see some of the action on stage would be nice.
re: tick, tick...Boom! New Jersey  Jun 5 2006, 11:26:00 PM
It's during finals, unfortunately. Otherwise, I'd be all over it.
re: Anything Goes Opinion  Jun 5 2006, 11:24:50 PM
I was in a production of Anything Goes over the summer. While, yes, Reno and Hope are the leads, a really good friend of mine played Bonnie, and she had a ball doing it...partially because they hung her upside down in one scene.
re: Review - Evita 1st Preview London  Jun 2 2006, 09:31:18 PM
My mom and I would *die* to see this come to the states. She saw the original production with Patti Lupone twice, and I've seen two separate performances by smaller theatre groups. We absolutely love the show.

Thanks for the review!

re: Recent Legally Blonde Workshop  May 31 2006, 08:31:11 PM
Debbie Downer: Hey, you guys, it's official...I can't have children.

*wah wah*

re: OLC Phantom or Movie Soundtrack?  May 29 2006, 11:16:51 PM
When I saw Phantom back in November, Howard was the only good thing about the show.

Then again, just my two cents.

re: Does Cerveris perform in NYC  May 29 2006, 11:15:37 PM
I'm not 100% sure, but I think he performed with, or at least at, Lauren Molina's gig a while ago. But I don't know if he's had any other solo gigs.

But he was such a sweetheart at the stage door when I saw Sweeney. In the words of Lili Von Shtupp: "What a nice guy!"

re: OLC Phantom or Movie Soundtrack?  May 29 2006, 11:12:17 PM
I listen to the movie soundtrack mostly, since it's the only one I have. I listened to a friend's copy of the OLC and didn't like it.

Before you come for my head, let me say this - Gerry Butler's voice, while not that good itself, is really sexy. I love the way he rolls his "r"s.

re: Least Faorite song  May 29 2006, 11:09:36 PM
"No Place Like London" from Sweeney bores me. I always have to skip over it when it comes on.

From Rent, "We're Okay" is my least favorite.

re: middle of show standing ovations  May 26 2006, 09:38:06 PM
QMAN03 - I saw Man of La Mancha twice, both times with Stokes, and after he sang "The Impossible Dream," almost the entire audience stood and applauded for a long time. It was really incredible the first time, and even more amazing the second time.
re: Sideways Stories From Wayside School- the play!  May 15 2006, 10:38:29 PM
I read those books YEARS ago...one part that sticks out in my mind is when the principal told students going down the stairs to go down on the right, and students going up to go up on the left, totally reminding me of my school's idiotic principal.

*sigh* Good times, gooood times.

re: 'Fans' of Musicals Who Don't Like Golden Age Musicals  May 13 2006, 03:16:06 PM
I actually got into theatre when I saw some productions of Golden Age musicals and performed in one myself. Now I love them all, both old and new. I think that you can like modern musicals but not like Golden Age musicals, but a lot of today's musicals have been influenced by older ones, so I guess you can say that you indirectly like Golden Age musicals.
re: When will RENT Close?  Apr 29 2006, 02:33:56 PM
"Have you seen the grosses for Phantom lately? Absolutely no way it will be closing any time soon. It will at the least make it to twenty years, and probably to 25."

I'm not talking about the money. I'm talking about the quality of the show and the actors. I don't know what the current cast is like, but back in November, only Howard McGillin impressed me. He was the only thing keeping the show together, in my opinion. Again, the new Christine and Phantom may be great, and the show may b

re: When will RENT Close?  Apr 29 2006, 01:40:51 PM
I think that the movie and the 10th Anniversary hype has given it a bit of a kick. I could see it going to its 15th anniversary, but after that, it might start losing its steam.

Let Phantom close already. When I saw it in November, the only good thing about it was Howard McGillin, and now that he's leaving (or gone already), I don't see why it should stay open for more than a few more years.

re: Unsung Jonathan Larson benefit setlist?  Apr 28 2006, 10:14:01 PM
Holy crap! Damn me for only being 6 at the time. "Get Over It" is probably my favorite NYTW RENT song - I would've loved to have seen it performed!

And Anthony and Jesse doing "Louder Than Words." *headdesk* I would've done anything to have seen that...

re: I'm new to this website...  Apr 28 2006, 09:47:48 PM
I'm nearly fifteen and I'm seeing Avenue Q in the summer (on my birthday, in fact) with my family. If you plan on seeing it with a parent or something, just let them know what to expect. My dad's been listening to the OBCR a lot lately (he loves it!) and my mom understands its content, so that way, they aren't surprised when they see it. Maybe let your parents listen to it so that they know what to expect.
re: Madeline Kahn and Cyndi Lauper  Apr 27 2006, 11:56:45 PM
"I'm so tired
Tired of playing the game,
Ain't it a freakin shame?
I'm so...
Let's face it, everything below the waste is kapput!"

"A wed wose! How womantic!"

She was wonderful in all the Mel Brooks movies, especially this (Blazing Saddles) and History of the World Pt. 1.

"Virgins, put on your 'No Entry' signs! We are about to confront - guys!"

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You