News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for bwaymyway84

Member Name: bwaymyway84
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

audition material
 May 2 2007, 08:03:06 PM
Hey People

I'm going to be working with a theatre camp this summer, and one of my classes is preparing for auditions...I'm looking for suggestions for kid-audition-rep...ages 5-12 boy and girl. Any ideas? thanks!!!

re: Resume
 Apr 2 2007, 06:24:12 PM
At this point in your "career" include everything on your resume.
You can scale it down once you have more professional work.

High ticket prices on Broadway research needed
 Feb 4 2007, 04:15:25 PM
Hey Everyone.

I am writing a paper for my Arts Management class addressing the issue of the high rising cost of tickets prices and its effects on attendance and blah blah. If anyone could recommend some articles, research, facts/figures you have come across recently or in the past that pertain to this issue that would be great! This post can also be a survey...how much does ticket price effect your decision to see a show or not. Thanks everyone!

re: Most overwhelming audience reaction?
 Jul 5 2006, 06:29:32 PM
2 shows that my college put on last year...Urinetown and Batboy
In urinetown of course all the spoofs at other bway shows got laughs, but the end of act I with the Les Mis spoof was insane. You almost couldn't hear the performers over the clapping and laughing.
In Batboy at the end of the musical when you discover batboy's past and then the audience puts that together with what Batboy and Shelly have done. Gasps went like a wave over the theatre and this guy a few rows in front of me yel

re: Your Most Embarassing Theatre Moment
 May 31 2006, 11:54:47 PM
When I was a performer for one show I went off stage to the bathroom, did my business, talked with another performer about how much the audience was dull and boring that night, flushed, came back for the next scene I was in...my friend is about to laugh out loud, I just gave her a look we finished Act I, during intermission she tells me "um your mic was still on!!!"

Another time I was playing in the pit for a show and I turned the volume all the way down on my keyboard for whatever reas

re: Which way do you like to spell theatre/theater?
 Feb 8 2006, 12:32:50 AM
My vote is with you WalveMalve. I think that it technically the correct way to use the different spellings, Theatre when referring to the genre and aspects of Theatre, and TheatER when referring to an actual place where it happens.
re: Favorite jaw-dropping or hilarious moments onstage
 Jan 24 2006, 05:05:45 PM
Everything in Urinetown, just all the show spoofs were hilarious, especially the end of Act I and the Les Mis spoof!!
re: Have you ever played the same role twice, or been in a musical or play
 Jan 22 2006, 04:02:15 PM
I've played piano in the pit for Into the Woods 3 times. 2 times they overlapped. I drove to a high school production for rehearsals in the afternoon, then drove to a theatre in a diff. city for performances that night. That was a crazy week!
re: What's the most times you've been on broadwayworld.com in a day?
 Jan 22 2006, 12:14:32 AM
It's set as my homepage!
re: Which Broadway Musical would You like to perform in and as what Character?
 Jan 21 2006, 05:57:30 PM
Phantom in POTO
Bobby Strong in Urinetown
Coalhouse in Ragtime
Batboy in Batboy

if I were a girl...
Elphaba in Wicked
Belle in Beauty and the Beast
Eva Paron in Evita

re: Favorite Title Songs From A Musical?
 Jan 21 2006, 05:37:04 PM
Rent
Ragtime
Urinetown
Children of Eden(end of act I)
Into the Woods
Hello Dolly!
Light in the Piazza
Mame
and there are tons more...

re: What's The Next High School Musical Classic?
 Jan 21 2006, 02:05:59 AM
Into the woods has had big success in my area. Beauty and the Beast is big now in community theatre. I think Spelling Bee will be the next big thing. Also shows that do not require big leads, with all memebers rather equal, ie: Spelling Bee, You're a Good Man Charlie Brown, Urinetown, etc.
re: What recordings should I buy?
 Jan 20 2006, 12:56:43 AM
Children of Eden
and Into the woods, get both originals, London and Broadway, the London has some awesome performers, and a few songs cut from the OBC.

re: If you had the power...
 Jan 19 2006, 09:35:41 AM
Ragtime
You're A Good Man Charlie Brown
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

re: How did the top broadway shows get where they are?
 Jan 19 2006, 02:48:37 AM
Thanks Margo, you were the only one who actually knew my true question. I am aware of the business side things. I needed content based answers. Thanks!
How did the top broadway shows get where they are?
 Jan 18 2006, 10:58:04 PM
Going off another tread posted about what show you think will break the next "longest running show" record, what is it about the top shows: Phantom, CATS, Les Mis, Chorus Line, Oh Calcutta! (revival), Beauty and the Beast, Miss Saigon, RENT (all the shows above 4000 performances I think)that got them to there spot. Was it the score, cast, subject matter, visual (set/costume/all that stuff) or ???
re: * New Poll Topic * - The Next Longest Running Show On Broadway
 Jan 18 2006, 10:51:35 PM
At what number of shows Phantom will actually close with, will it break 8000?, who knows? Whatever number it closes at I don't really see another show breaking that, I think the Disney's will set records and move into the top 5, but that's about it.
re: When did Bernadette do WICKED?
 Jan 17 2006, 06:29:53 PM
HAHA...look at her face, it's totally..."What the H*** was I thinking agreeing to do this?"
re: And the 2006 Tony Awards Host is...
 Jan 17 2006, 06:27:20 PM
My vote is for Nathan Lane!!! He has The Producers movie under his belt, successful run of Odd Couple.
...Oprah, only because the Tony's might pull in a diff. audience along with us theatre freaks!
...Norbert or John for having such great runs in DRS
...and just because it popped in my mind...Michael Crawford?, back on the scene with Phantom and it's new Longest Running show title.

re: Name a Broadway Performer You'd Go Gay For
 Jan 16 2006, 06:35:13 PM
Haha funny BobbyBubby
The Tread should read, I would go straight for...(and that's nasty to think about)

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You