News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for broadwaybaby221

broadwaybaby221 Profile Photo
Member Name: broadwaybaby221
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: http://www.freewebs.com/tobyparker
Blog Address:

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Photo Flash: Pittsburgh CLO's INTO THE WOODS Starring Foster, Cody, Lea
 Aug 6 2009, 05:11:41 AM
I saw the show on Tuesday night and let's just say I was very disappointed with the production as a whole. It's one of those things where CLO either really gets it or really misses it and this was a total miss and really a total MESS.

This show should never, EVER be put up in six days and then only have six days to run it. It was a technical mess whenever I saw it on Tuesday. I really wanted to cut it some slack because I did see it on opening night but this isn't the first time I'

re: Pittsburgh CLO's 'Into the Woods' to Star Foster, Cody and Leavel
 Apr 14 2009, 05:05:06 PM
"Why bring back a piece of dreck like "Copacabana"? "

I can only imagine that the audience voted for that whenever CLO does audience favorites the summer before. As someone who votes for Follies, Sunday and Into The Woods every year, I can at least know that one of my choices made it through.

I am very excited to see this production of Into The Woods. I think that Jen Cody will be fantastic and I'm sure Beth Leavel is going to be incredible, as is Hunter Foster. It's very ex

re: Aaron Lazar - Is He Sick?
 Sep 18 2008, 12:18:07 PM
He is sick. He talks about it on his blog:
http://www.simplybroadway.com/

Hopefully he feels better soon.

re: Kudisch Falls Through Trap Door During 9-to-5 Tech
 Aug 26 2008, 07:59:03 PM
Wow. Poor Marc. I'm glad he didn't suffer severe injuries.
re: Max von Essen Plays Tony in WSS (CLO)
 Aug 16 2008, 11:50:07 PM
Just got back from seeing the show tonight. Overall, I thought the production was stunning. It was one of the best CLO shows that I have ever seen. The set was marvelous, the lighting was beautiful and the performances were wonderful. They were having a bit of a sound problem tonight but it only showed up in a couple places so it really didn't bother me too much.

Max von Essen was a wonderful Tony. Vocally, his voice soared with the score and I never wanted him to stop singing. I

Aug 15 2008, 02:12:19 AM
I saw the ensemble of West Side Story rock it out tonight at the Pittsburgh CLO Cabaret. I was at a performance of Shear Madness tonight (I have my tickets for West Side on Saturday) and the ensemble was fantastic! They work so hard all summer and it's nice to see them have a chance to shine. From the looks of it all the cast members were in the house and the place was PACKED! I've never seen the cabaret theatre so crowded before. Once I see the show on Saturday night I'll post of review.
 Aug 13 2008, 01:09:42 AM
I'm really excited to see this on Saturday! Those pictures are stunning.
re: The Search for Elle THOUGHTS!
 Jun 17 2008, 02:10:55 PM
Does anyone think she's getting more credit because she's worked with Jerry Mitchell and Paul Canaan before? It's just a thought.

In any case, I like Autumn and Bailey the best, with Autumn hopefully winning.

re: BROADWAY Survey
 May 14 2008, 11:42:07 AM
1. Funny Girl
2. The Apple Tree
3. 42nd Street
4. Light in the Piazza
5. Sweeney Todd
6. LaChiusa's The Wild Party
7. The Drowsy Chaperone
8. Company
9. The Witches of Eastwick
10. And for good fun, Grease

Have you ever seen these shows live? If so, where?
I've seen them all live except The Wild Party and Light in the Piazza, which I saw on Live From Lincoln Center. I saw Company at a community college, Grease, Funny Girl and 42nd Str

re: Cody Joins Cast Of SHREK
 Apr 18 2008, 04:14:38 PM
I love her! She's one of my biggest inspirations and I suppose now I'll have to see Shrek.
re: Who was the nicest Broadway actor or actress you met?
 Apr 16 2008, 08:18:36 PM
Jennifer Cody was the sweetest thing ever.

Also Hunter Foster, Marc Kudisch, Carolee Carmello, Michael Rupert.

And in the lesser known category; Kevin Crewell, Timothy Britten Parker and Justin Patterson.

re: Almost-couples that are funny
 Mar 21 2008, 05:20:58 PM
"I personally believe Patti LuPone and Betty Buckley could live a wonderful existence, "committed" in Vermont with little Susie and Chuck from Japan."

Oh my god, that totally just made my day. And I don't know what your deal with Vermont is but nonetheless you make me laugh.

re: Drowsy Chaperone in Buffalo
 Mar 7 2008, 12:31:22 PM
The set is the same one that they used for the London production, I believe.
re: The Sweeney Todd Tour slashes through Pittsburgh!! (Review)
 Feb 1 2008, 07:16:49 PM
I agree with you on Ben Eakeley, he was so sexy. Haha.

The only problem I found in Hess' performance was his need to be in constant motion. It seemed like he never could stay still for more than two seconds and it became very distracting.

Lauren Molina's Johanna is brilliant. I also found myself glancing her way throughout the show.

re: Richard Blake's Thoughts on Nick Lachey as Warner...
 Aug 24 2007, 11:38:18 PM
Oh my god. That was great! Thanks for posting it, Heather!
re: Gender-Bending Musicals?
 Aug 17 2007, 06:42:01 PM
I know my friend would make a killer Mrs. Lovett. It is one of his dream roles.
re: Proof that they've missed the point of GREASE
 Aug 6 2007, 10:56:09 PM
Max totally missed the point of the show. I'm in a production right now and I know we're playing up the camp like you wouldn't believe. I don't think you could do a production of Grease seriously. It's just not one of those shows.
re: What happened to.......
 Jul 31 2007, 06:06:56 PM
I couldn't tell you where exactly David Larsen is now but last summer he was in Grease in Pittsburgh and was a wonderful Kenickie.
Kicking the playbill is within the world of the play
 Jul 20 2007, 06:28:50 PM
Honestly, I don't find anything wrong with it. I actually would do the same thing Patti did if the occasion ever came up. I actually had a discussion with my mother at work about this and she feels the same way. Maybe we're just bitches. I don't know.
re: Jenn Gambatese Wedding Pictures On Her Website
 Jul 20 2007, 06:13:47 PM
She looks so beautiful. As fans of both Jenn and Curtis I wish them nothing but the best.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You