News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for photopab

photopab Profile Photo
Member Name: photopab
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Recs for this weekend
 Mar 1 2017, 01:52:24 PM

AC126748 said: "Dear Evan Hansen is sold out for weekends for the next few months, so don't plan on getting tickets to that, unless you're welling to try the cancellation line and pay full price. Great Comet and Come From Away you'll likely be able to get on TKTS. Sunday in the Park With George hasn't been doing discounts but you can probably get full price tickets still. I haven't seen 

Recs for this weekend
 Mar 1 2017, 01:43:28 PM

We'll be in town this weekend and have our eyes on DEH, The Great Comet, Sunday in the Park and now Come From Away. Would love to hear everyone's thoughts on these shows. All sound great, all have different levels of difficulty to get tickets. Any tips? Thoughts? Personal recommendations? 

Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
 Mar 1 2017, 01:34:37 PM

we'll be in town Saturday and wanted to try to see DEH. I know its tough to get tickets and it seems they only do a digital lottery - so I'm guessing Standing Room is what we'll try for. Appreciate all these reports. Trying to figure out how early we need to line up.

Sunday in the Park Rush Tickets
 Mar 1 2017, 01:23:39 PM

We are headed to the city this weekend and would love to rush this show... all reports are appreciated! Trying to figure out what time we should get there and where the seats will be located. 

Hamilton Cancellation Line
 Jun 16 2016, 02:09:01 PM

we get into the city on Saturday 06/02 around noon and were going to try for the cancellation line that day. I can't believe I'm reading that you have to make the line... 48 HOURS early?? really???? WOW

I guess we wont be seeing this show for our anniversary after all.

Hamilton - 10 Year Anniversary
 Jun 16 2016, 02:04:50 PM

haha - july 4th weekend. which probably only makes it about 100 times harder since i'm sure there will be lots of tourists in town. i'll go look for the cancellation line thread. thanks. 

Hamilton - 10 Year Anniversary
 Jun 16 2016, 01:40:57 PM

I asked my wife what she wanted for our 10 year wedding anniversary and she said "all I want is to spend the weekend in NYC seeing shows with you"... :)

I'm trying to plan a surprise trip for us and of course Hamilton is at the top of that list. I also realize its impossible to get tickets! Haha. I've exhausted every resource I could think of. Obviously the chances of winning the lotto are slim to none. Do we have any options left?

Someo

Rush Wait Times
 Nov 10 2015, 11:54:11 AM

ugh. what a mess. I hope it all works out and I can take my sis. I know it would mean a lot to her. 

Rush Wait Times
 Nov 10 2015, 11:39:25 AM

haterobics said: "Yeah, I'd pay close attention to how the show is selling before you make the trip... assuming a discounted or TKTS ticket isn't an option if SR isn't available.

"

Interesting. Has the show been on TKTS recently? My sister is coming to visit me in DC and I know how happy it would make her to drive up and see Fun Home but it would suck if we made the drive and they weren't even offering SR tickets. 

The Color Purple Marquee is up.
 Nov 9 2015, 01:46:31 PM

I must say I just learned about this revival yesterday and with JHud in it, it's quickly becoming the show I'm most interested in seeing. Loved the original production and I'm sure this one is just as beautiful. 

Rush Wait Times
 Nov 9 2015, 01:13:50 PM

Nice. Yeah, I'm thinking if we leave DC around 5:30am-ish we could try to get standing room tickets to Fun Home. Are they fairly easy to get? I'd hate to make the drive only to find out that we can't get anything. And I know they do the mobile lottery which doesn't guarantee tickets

Rush Wait Times
 Nov 9 2015, 01:06:54 PM

JBroadway said: "The website you're thinking of is here:

http://www.broadwayspotted.com/category/rush-report/

But you should be warned - I've stopped using that site because I've FREQUENTLY found their information to be very off. Plus they will often omit shows for no reason, keep including shows that have already closed, and other errors along those lines. 

It can be a good tool to gauge a rush's popularity, but you have to take it with several grains of salt. I've been better off looking for info on this message board from actual people's experiences. 

"

ah! thank you! Trying to decide if we can drive up from DC to see Fun Home!

Rush Wait Times
 Nov 9 2015, 12:53:33 PM

Am I crazy or didn't I run across a website recently that listed the most recent wait times / what time to arrive in the morning, for each show if you're planning on getting rush tickets. It was this great website and they listed each show and said recently how early you should arrive, etc. 

HAMILTON announces full Broadway cast
 Jul 7 2015, 03:22:03 PM

"Check some Wednesdays and Sundays in October, looks like some more $89 seats were released. (Schwarzenegger voice): Do it NAOUW!"

hahaha! Ok let me check again. When I checked January I didn't see any at those prices. Front Mezz was still $177 - I just can't believe (well I can) that the theater has gotten so expensive. I lived in NYC about 8 years ago and even then the most you would spend was about $120 for Wicked and that was conside

Jul 7 2015, 11:20:18 AM

ah. cool. well hopefully we will get to see it at some point. other than fun home, I'm not sure there's anything else I want to see when we go back.

Jul 7 2015, 11:12:58 AM

wow! off ticketmaster?? I just looked in January and mezz tickets were $177... I must be doing something wrong. lol

Would love to see this in Oct when we're in town again

Jul 7 2015, 10:56:58 AM

I was looking for mid-October as that is the next time we'll be in NYC running a half marathon. We may have to wait till the new year!

Jul 7 2015, 09:38:03 AM

I tried to buy tickets to this yesterday and my goodness are they expensive!! $300+ for orchestra seats and almost $200 for mezz. That makes it incredibly hard to go see for us. Have there been other places where you can buy tickets for this where its not quite so expensive??

A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder RUSH
 Oct 29 2014, 11:04:52 AM
Will attempt to get rush tickets to Gentleman's this Saturday (11/1) for the 2pm show - anyone tried to rush lately? How early should we get there? Not sure if it's been difficult ever since the Tony win?
First Trip back in 5 years
 May 14 2014, 09:08:12 AM
great tips. thanks. i remember them showing you the seats on a seating chart. as long as they tell me what the seats are so i can gage the general location I'm good.

now we have to figure out what to see... we're in town for the long weekend so we hope to see two shows.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You