News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for TheatreKid3

TheatreKid3 Profile Photo
Member Name: TheatreKid3
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/6/23  Aug 9 2023, 10:14:50 PM

Did Parade set a new house record for the Jacobs?

Spring 2023 Red Bucket Merch  Mar 29 2023, 10:30:31 AM

Moulin Rouge is selling signed posters for $300 and playbills for $100, I believe. 

Six is doing posters for $100 and playbills for $50. 

Future of Disney on Broadway  Oct 15 2020, 12:48:24 PM

It's a little concerning to me, especially given their recent troubles and mass layoffs/reorganization, that Disney hasn't even acknowledged the most recent shutdown news on either of their shows' social media channels.  

I'm very curious how Disney Theatrical will be affected by the pandemic in the long-term, especially in the eyes of corporate Disney...

I'm hopeful that both Aladdin and Lion King survive this, but does anyone th

FROZEN Previews  Mar 15 2018, 05:06:24 PM

I actually thought the use of “Love is an Open Door” was poetic and powerful. Disneyland and DCL’s shows both end this way, and when young Anna and Elsa appear with their mom and dad and sing “Say goodbye to the pain of the past, we don’t have to feel it anymore,” it was such a dramatic, gasp-inducing moment and a theatrical punch in the face. They reclaimed that song for themselves and redefined what it meant for the story. And I thought that was powerful.

FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway  Sep 15 2017, 02:03:51 AM

I really enjoyed reading Green's review. What a breath of fresh air for the NYT! I agree with a lot of his sentiments. I saw the show last week and I enjoyed it. I thought it was good, but it has the potential to be GREAT. I'm very proud of Disney for going in the direction they have with this material, but I agree that Elsa is underwritten or at least closed off from the audience. We don't learn enough about her other than her fear. Anna, on the other hand, has so much more to wo

New KINKY BOOTS West End Live Recording  Apr 6 2016, 05:27:01 PM

Has anyone had a chance to listen to the new West End Recording of KINKY BOOTS?  I've always hoped this score would be recorded live and, in my opinion, this score doesn't disappoint.  It really captures the energy that the OBCR was sadly lacking.  With that said, as a whole, I do enjoy the Broadway cast more than the London one, so it's a trade-off between the two without one being vastly superior over the other for me.  Hearing the live orchestrations, howeve

HAMILTON Resell/Scalper Ticket Question  Apr 6 2016, 05:21:39 PM

Gotcha.  Thank you.  I figured that might be the case, which means a slightly better alternative/possibility to getting tickets at a less outrageous price.  One date I looked at had the cheapest ticket in the Rear Mezz priced at almost $800.

Part of my rage about this whole ordeal is directed to Ticketmaster.  For a company that should be opposing scalped tickets, the've all but endorsed it through their authorized resell program.  A resell should

HAMILTON Resell/Scalper Ticket Question  Apr 6 2016, 01:43:36 PM

So we all know a very large % of HAMILTON tickets are being resold on authorized ticket resell sites or by scalpers on the street, eBay, etc.  My question is: do all these outrageously priced tickets actually end up getting sold or does each performance of HAMILTON have a portion of seats sitting empty?

Hedwig questions  Aug 28 2015, 12:08:34 AM

Oh trust me dramamama I know & I agree with you, and his acting ability is something I called into question.  But, as I was saying, (in my opinion) he seems like the perfect type.  He is an incredibly energetic performer with a fantastic voice, and I do think he could carry a show like that based on his experience if he could indeed act it.  He is a very outspoken supporter of gender equality and gay rights to boot (not saying those are qualifications, but I think the role

Hedwig questions  Aug 27 2015, 10:11:55 PM
He has the long hair, so yes that's probably the one you're thinking of haha.
Hedwig questions  Aug 27 2015, 09:59:39 PM

Okay, so nobody fly off the handle when I say this, but I'm being completely serious when I ask:

Does anyone else thing that Harry Styles from One Direction would make a good Hedwig?  Assuming his acting chops could be brought up to par I feel like he would be an excellent person to take on the role in the London production (albeit maybe in a few years - though Darren Criss proved anything is possible).  He has that dramatic yet edgy personality and look for it, not to mention the vo

Spring Awakening is coming back to Broadway. But when and where?  Jul 30 2015, 03:15:28 PM

Th new artwork is also an improvement.  Not perfect, but an improvement so I'll take it.  Glad to see they went back to the black/pink color scheme of the LA production.

FINDING NEVERLAND OBC recording  Jul 29 2015, 11:26:34 PM

Forgive me if I am just stating the obvious, (I didn't realize this when I saw the show) but after a few listenings I'm pretty sure "All of London is Here Tonight" is just a re-hash of "Circus of Your Mind" with different lyrics...

FINDING NEVERLAND OBC recording  Jul 16 2015, 11:15:01 PM

It's now available on iTunes!  Listening to it on Apple Music right now because my pre-order hasn't kicked it yet.  It sounds great - better than it did in the theatre, actually, from what I can remember.  I usually never say that about an OBCR unless it's live.

David Burtka - IT SHOULDA BEEN YOU  Jul 8 2015, 07:03:16 PM

Unrelated note: ONCE, just ONCE I would like to click on a thread that hasn't been ruined by a certain poster(s) getting into completely unnecessary arguments about the most trivial things.

JUST ONCE.

*the ignore user function is looking nicer by the day.

Related Note: And put me in the camp that Burtka's absence needs to be addressed in some form.

Spring Awakening is coming back to Broadway. But when and where?  Jul 7 2015, 07:55:24 PM

It seems that Ken is dead set on this being a limited run, but I bet that could change (like I said earlier) if this becomes a runaway success at first.  Not saying he would move to an open run, but maybe just a season-long run and close after the Tonys.

My guess is the Nederlander will become available - perhaps even well enough in advance of load-in – giving them the option to switch theatres entirely.  That's a long shot, but stranger things have (believe it

Spring Awakening is coming back to Broadway. But when and where?  Jul 7 2015, 12:26:00 PM

^ The Deaf West artwork was SO MUCH BETTER.  And, IDK if I'm the only one who sees it, but stylistically it looks a lot like FIDDLER's new artwork in terms of the "painted" letters.

Spring Awakening is coming back to Broadway. But when and where?  Jul 7 2015, 12:12:10 PM

It would not be hard to move this show to a different theatre, so if it's a big enough hit I would almost guarantee an extension – even if it's not at the Brooks.

I would also agree re: the artwork.  That is way too flashly and bright for such a stripped down, dark show.  It almost makes it look like a family musical!  There is no allusion to what makes this production special, and there absolutely should be.

June 26 - Marriage Equality night on Broadway  Jun 27 2015, 12:47:26 AM

adamgreer From what I remember, I believe he did.  

June 26 - Marriage Equality night on Broadway  Jun 26 2015, 11:20:05 PM

I was at FINDING NEVERLAND tonight and after regular bows, the curtain came back up and each cast member was holding a rainbow Playbill in their hands, some had them folded so only the rainbow title was visible.  Audience responded very loudly.  Nothing too big, but it was neat nonetheless.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You